Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112631343536

Thread: Sex sells

Default Re: Sex sells

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    These things happen whether or not Clubsnap is around or not. If you think that these things only happen because of Clubsnap as a platform for shoots, I'm sorry to say that your view is severely limited.
    Vince, all of us know that even without CS, shoots like this will stil be around. But do we want CS to be a part of this sleazy paid shoot?
    The point we're trying to put across is that CS is fast becoming a place for this kind of shoot and some of us are not to comfy about it. We're asking if this is the general direction that CS is going and are of the opinion that CS is fast becoming a place known for paid sleazy shoots, ie; go to sammyboy to look at sleazy images and come to CS to create sleazy images yourself. Would you like to be associated with this?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Vince, all of us know that even without CS, shoots like this will stil be around. But do we want CS to be a part of this sleazy paid shoot?
    The point we're trying to put across is that CS is fast becoming a place for this kind of shoot and some of us are not to comfy about it. We're asking if this is the general direction that CS is going and are of the opinion that CS is fast becoming a place known for paid sleazy shoots, ie; go to sammyboy to look at sleazy images and come to CS to create sleazy images yourself. Would you like to be associated with this?
    To yqt, what next? After you managed to censor certain post/shoots that you are not comfortable with, what next?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

has anyone wondered?

sleazy title aside.
    before becoming a great nude (fine art) photographer, one must shoot a ton of lousy nude photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    To yqt, what next? After you managed to censor certain post/shoots that you are not comfortable with, what next?
    There don't have to be a "Next". In fact if the admins and mods feel that things are OK as there were, there's no need to do anything, it's still their call.

This thread is started as an expression of an opinion that the ads, theme and the shoots itself for paid shoots here are starting to look kind of sleazy, this opinion is shared by others who have also expression that going by present thrend, ClubSnap seem to be heading in a "sleaze" direction.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by zekai View Post
    has anyone wondered?

sleazy title aside.
    before becoming a great nude (fine art) photographer, one must shoot a ton of lousy nude photograph.
    Not really lar. Photograpy is about lights and shadows. Nudes are about the understanding and apperication of the human form. One don't have to shoot "tons of nude" in order to understand lights and shadows and the appreication of the human form do not have to be nudes.

It's usually when one is a great nude photographer that one gets to shoot "tons of nudes"
    Last edited by yqt; 30th October 2008 at 12:01 AM.

when one is pure of mind, temptations does matter not.
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    when one is pure of mind, temptations does matter not.
    Alas, Zen masters are few and far in between

Quote Originally Posted by zekai View Post
    has anyone wondered?

sleazy title aside.
    there are other avenues for that. should CS join the ranks of those?

IMO, no. its not like there is a ban of such photoshoots.

furthermore, no genre of photography should dominate a forum that encompass a wide audience, more so for those marketed with sleaze in mind.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 30th October 2008 at 12:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Sex sells

I think the issue being discussed at hand has become a bit cloudy, and its time to shed a little light what we intend to do.

Firstly, regarding the issue of thread titles which may have recently crossed the lines of decency and thus impacting the overall tone of the Photoshoots section - we will be implementing a standardised thread-titling format which will look like the following

Day - Date - Environment - Genre - Model Name(s)

While this will curb the excessive titling of threads by certain organisers, we are also cognizant of the fact that this will severely limit the creativity of other organisers who have been advertising their shoots in a more subtle fashion (and still manage to garner the appropriate level of support from members). At the end of the day, however, this change will go a long way towards toning down the perceived sleaziness of the section and ClubSNAP overall, and will normalise or level the playing field between organisers in terms of how the shoots are advertised. Over time, the established and renowned organisers will definitely boost up their shoots by delivering consistent quality, and those who come in and use "unsavoury" methods to try to make a quick buck may not be as successful.

Which leads us to the broader issue of whether we will continue to have organisers advertise their shoots in ClubSNAP - the short answer to this is Yes.

It has been implied that we allow such shoots to be advertised in order for us to make some money and profit, and while that is partly true, the broader picture is that its a "Damned if we do, and Damned if we don't" scenario whereby such shoots will always be available whether it's advertised here or elsewhere. Obviously, we would prefer to have some representation of the photoshoot scene in ClubSNAP, as it provides a more complete "offering" for us, and members don't have to go elsewhere to get their fix so to speak. Older members may remember when we didn't charge organisers for photoshoots and the resultant free-for-all that occurred over time. It wasn't pretty.

Having said that, again we are aware of the potential pitfalls as mentioned (eg nude shoots, inappropriate marketing and the sleaze factor) and we definitely will take steps to rectify as and when necessary.

Ideas and feedback are always welcome, we are definitely open to implementing good ideas that are for the benefit of the majority. So please continue to help us make ClubSNAP a better destination for all. Thanks.

Hi Darren and team,

Appreciates your attention to the issues raised. I'm happy to know that you guys understood the concerns some of us have voiced. Let's wait and see how it goes from here

I'm closing this thread before it goes into goes into OT mode.

Thanks!
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 112631343536