Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 924293233343536 LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 710

Thread: Sex sells

  1. #661

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    so where does the line for artistic nude stop and soft porn begins? pls enlighten me. i am very new to photography.

    nude xmm sits w legs wide open, hand on lip, sultry look - porn or art?
    nude xmm stands up, hands in a ballet pose, serious look - porn or art?

    and sometimes when they wear the uniform and give that 'oh look at me, i'm so innocent, i need to be taught a lesson!' look, it reeks of pre-porn set up shots.

    of course, do correct me if i'm wrong but of course porn is hell lot more titillating than the art one. and this is my opinion too.

    and youre how new la! 3k posts. i'm sure.

    OT: and speaking about titillating, did anyone see that bus ba kwa ad where they called the ba kwa - you got it - TITILLATING??

  2. #662

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    nude xmm sits w legs wide open, hand on lip, sultry look - porn or art?
    nude xmm stands up, hands in a ballet pose, serious look - porn or art?

    and sometimes when they wear the uniform and give that 'oh look at me, i'm so innocent, i need to be taught a lesson!' look, it reeks of pre-porn set up shots.

    of course, do correct me if i'm wrong but of course porn is hell lot more titillating than the art one. and this is my opinion too.

    and youre how new la! 3k posts. i'm sure.

    OT: and speaking about titillating, did anyone see that bus ba kwa ad where they called the ba kwa - you got it - TITILLATING??
    honestly, i can't tell the difference sometimes. isn't photography something very subjective? how do we apply a general guideline to it without being repressing artistic creativity?

    a picture that is titillating is sure alot better than a pic that makes one yawn. at least it generates a response in the audience. i rather see those pics than stuff that makes me go "hmmm ... ok ... next ...."


  3. #663

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    honestly, i can't tell the difference sometimes. isn't photography something very subjective? how do we apply a general guideline to it without being repressing artistic creativity?

    a picture that is titillating is sure alot better than a pic that makes one yawn. at least it generates a response in the audience. i rather see those pics than stuff that makes me go "hmmm ... ok ... next ...."
    i just feel that if artistic nude doesnt spark a response in you then maybe its just not interesting to you. like macro insect photos for me. its my 'ok, next' genre too.

    if nude generates a response in the audience, it should be an admiration of the human body - the curves, the math of the human features. for me this appreciation comes especially when drawing. like drawing humans is a whole different math compared to inanimate objects. i'm sure someone who's done human drawings and physical object drawings can also weigh in with a viewpoint.

    to me its just really different because our figure is a very precise so artistic nude photography should be a study of that. also what makes these 'artistic nude photographers' seemingly hypocritical is the fact that they 'see face see body' then decide to shoot. you never hear of them wanting to photograph all sorts of body types, just the thin hot sexy booby girls 'clothes size XS/S, topshop 6/8 drop me many messages loves!!! ' (do correct me if i'm wrong). i guess a true artistic nude photography would love to chronicle different body types because he truly appreciates the form of the human body, not the sexiness of the XMM.

    i guess i'm just really cynical of the many cheekopeks masquerading as 'photographers' as a sorry excuse to take photos of naked XMMs for their 'private collection'.

    and maybe to quote wikipedia (not that its a great source or anything but its a good starting point):


    Nude photography is a style of art photography which depicts the nude human body as a study. Nude photography should be distinguished from erotic photography, which has a sexually suggestive component. Many photographers consider an art nude photograph to be a one that studies the human body, rather than the person.

    source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_photography
    and the link for erotic photography (which seems like what alot of the clubsnap photoshoots border on) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_photography

  4. #664

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    i just feel that if artistic nude doesnt spark a response in you then maybe its just not interesting to you. like macro insect photos for me. its my 'ok, next' genre too.

    if nude generates a response in the audience, it should be an admiration of the human body - the curves, the math of the human features. for me this appreciation comes especially when drawing. like drawing humans is a whole different math compared to inanimate objects. i'm sure someone who's done human drawings and physical object drawings can also weigh in with a viewpoint.

    to me its just really different because our figure is a very precise so artistic nude photography should be a study of that. also what makes these 'artistic nude photographers' seemingly hypocritical is the fact that they 'see face see body' then decide to shoot. you never hear of them wanting to photograph all sorts of body types, just the thin hot sexy booby girls 'clothes size XS/S, topshop 6/8 drop me many messages loves!!! ' (do correct me if i'm wrong). i guess a true artistic nude photography would love to chronicle different body types because he truly appreciates the form of the human body, not the sexiness of the XMM.

    i guess i'm just really cynical of the many cheekopeks masquerading as 'photographers' as a sorry excuse to take photos of naked XMMs for their 'private collection'.

    and maybe to quote wikipedia (not that its a great source or anything but its a good starting point):



    and the link for erotic photography (which seems like what alot of the clubsnap photoshoots border on) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_photography
    so in a nutshell, u are championing against anything with a sexual or erotic nature to it?

  5. #665

    Default Re: Sex sells

    yeah basically. its just not really art, just. sammyboy.

    what say you?

  6. #666

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    yeah basically. its just not really art, just. sammyboy.

    what say you?
    me? i am for the freedom of expression.

    who am i to say whats good whats not whats right whats wrong?

  7. #667

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    me? i am for the freedom of expression.

    who am i to say whats good whats not whats right whats wrong?
    but freedom of expression has to exist within certain ob markers right? i dont mean to sound like our gahmen or anything, i really dont. but it at least has to exist within a guidelines and a set of rules.

    is it right for an adult to engage in sexual activities in front of a child - all in the name of freedom of expression?

    my problem with this issue is these people CLAIM that its for artistic nude purposes but we all know that 90% of the time, its purely for jerking off purposes.

    and again again again, the point of our debate here is the problem of thread titles and themes for photoshoots being rather soft-porn, rather than artistic nude. i think the definition of soft-porn/erotic and artistic nude is pretty clear - at least to me, after reading the two wiki articles. i would suggest that all other parties thinking of jumping into the fray at least please please take a read so we're all on the same re-starting point on this issue.

  8. #668
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    honestly, i can't tell the difference sometimes.
    u seem to already know there is a difference...


    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    a picture that is titillating is sure alot better than a pic that makes one yawn. at least it generates a response in the audience. i rather see those pics than stuff that makes me go "hmmm ... ok ... next ...."


  9. #669

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    u seem to already know there is a difference...
    there is a difference btw a good pic and a bad pic. btw art and porn? pls enlighten me. thanks.

  10. #670

    Default Re: Sex sells

    read the wiki. really. its clearly defined there.

  11. #671
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    u seem to already know there is a difference...
    He's asking a rhetoric question.

  12. #672

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    but freedom of expression has to exist within certain ob markers right? i dont mean to sound like our gahmen or anything, i really dont. but it at least has to exist within a guidelines and a set of rules.

    is it right for an adult to engage in sexual activities in front of a child - all in the name of freedom of expression?

    my problem with this issue is these people CLAIM that its for artistic nude purposes but we all know that 90% of the time, its purely for jerking off purposes.

    and again again again, the point of our debate here is the problem of thread titles and themes for photoshoots being rather soft-porn, rather than artistic nude. i think the definition of soft-porn/erotic and artistic nude is pretty clear - at least to me, after reading the two wiki articles. i would suggest that all other parties thinking of jumping into the fray at least please please take a read so we're all on the same re-starting point on this issue.
    so who shld decide what is right or what is wrong? doesnt this reek of censorship to u?

    i have not been in cs for long but i have yet to see pics of hardcore porn posted up before.

    who am i to doubt why a person shoot a particular genre and what he uses it for and what the audience derive from it? someone can very well get off from looking at pics of babies if he was a paedophile. so are we saying we shldnt be posting up pics of infants too?

  13. #673

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ23 View Post
    He's asking a rhetoric question.
    haha. 10 pts to jordan.

  14. #674
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    me? i am for the freedom of expression.

    who am i to say whats good whats not whats right whats wrong?
    how much freedom of expression will depend ultimately on the who the audiences are. if all the members here are above 21 years there is no problem, but there are those deemed too young for certain forms of photography.

  15. #675

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    how much freedom of expression will depend ultimately on the who the audiences are. if all the members here are above 21 years there is no problem, but there are those deemed too young for certain forms of photography.
    so do we apply the govt's rules on movies to photography too? G, PG, R(A), etc?

  16. #676
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    there is a difference btw a good pic and a bad pic. btw art and porn? pls enlighten me. thanks.
    if 1 cant tell the difference between porn & art, how does 1 even notice certain forms of "art" (by some definition) being repressed.

    those who dunno the difference should not troll here. another thread for educational purpose will serve that purpose better.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 29th October 2008 at 12:13 PM.

  17. #677

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    if 1 cant tell the difference between porn & art, how does 1 even notice certain forms of "art" (by some definition) being repressed.

    those who dunno the difference should not troll here. another thread for educational purpose will serve that purpose better.
    those who aren't able to point out shldnt be trying to make the rules as well.

  18. #678
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    those who aren't able to point out shldnt be trying to make the rules as well.
    can't be bothered... ... for some1 with numerous posts & not know the difference between porn & art?

    that i have to wonder....

    ... & i am not making any rule.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 29th October 2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling edit

  19. #679

    Default Re: Sex sells

    whoa whoa whoa!! i go buy lunch and come back so much activity alr.

  20. #680

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    so who shld decide what is right or what is wrong? doesnt this reek of censorship to u?

    i have not been in cs for long but i have yet to see pics of hardcore porn posted up before.

    who am i to doubt why a person shoot a particular genre and what he uses it for and what the audience derive from it? someone can very well get off from looking at pics of babies if he was a paedophile. so are we saying we shldnt be posting up pics of infants too?
    but paedophilia is not a norm right?

    guys getting all steamed up by girls is a norm, unless we've become a forum of gays - then i need to find somewhere else to go alr.

    we obviously cannot go around sealing all the little holes - just not feasible. imagine you have an extremist christian coming here to complain - 'i get v disturbed when i see pictures of crosses here! even the cross created by the window grilles in some of your photos! please do something about this!!' we obviously cannot accomodate everyone, but general sensibilities need to be exercised.
    Last edited by pfurr; 29th October 2008 at 12:18 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •