Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex sells

Default Re: Sex sells

Quote Originally Posted by kirk View Post
    This picture is from the Clubsnap Gallery of Shoot organizer Blue-Art who registered himself in August 2008. It's a picture that I chanced upon.
    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/120053

and this too
    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/118740

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so Cosmopolitan.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    i'm not asking for majority rule but it seems like NO ONE cares if its only like 5 same people talking about a subject. that or no one else is as prudish as the ones who've been saying its bad
    I'm one of those who think it's bad, so does that make me a prude in your words? OK, will give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not directing it at me, this time round.

Anyway, it was an opinion expressed, one person or not, is it a valid opinion? That is more important.

BTW, NO ONE cares, only 5 same person, no one else is as prudish, isn't that a fair bit of assumption on your part?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

This picture is from the Clubsnap Gallery of Shoot organizer Blue-Art who registered himself in August 2008. It's a picture that I chanced upon.

and this too

Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Anyway, it was an opinion expressed, one person or not, is it a valid opinion? That is more important.

BTW, NO ONE cares, only 5 same person, no one else is as prudish, isn't that a fair bit of assumption on your part?
    well, if only same 5 person keep talking about it , but only

ONE person keeps arguing about whether or not they should be talking about it..

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    24. Marios Pittas
    25. Domdomino
    26: Revad3
    27. redstone
    28 Old Boy
    29. bigbird17

Upss the list.

and this too

wah liow !!! bro, next time put warning first lar!!!

click on it and the image show up but my wife and kids were just next to me !!! lucky they not looking at my screen, if not, to them ClubSnap WILL become ClubSex !!!
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

and this too

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so Cosmopolitan.
    you're too kind, more like

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so sammyboy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

5 to 1, looks like the numbers are on our side

I'm one of those who think it's bad, so does that make me a prude in your words? OK, will give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not directing it at me, this time round.

my point is if more than this arbitrary # that i picked out (arbitrary because i haven't gone back to count exactly how many people have been saying this is bad but regardless its been the same # of people talking) gave a hoot they should be saying something instead of not saying anything at all. doesn't matter if the opinion is valid. The point is the nay sayers have been making it sound like the entire community cares about what is happening with this place's slide to sleazy but i have yet to see more than the same old people say anything.

5 to 1, looks like the numbers are on our side
    of course what. then who will play devil's advocate? besides who died and made the moral cops?
    Last edited by TheQuestion; 7th October 2008 at 11:18 PM.

wah liow !!! bro, next time put warning first lar!!!

click on it and the image show up but my wife and kids were just next to me !!! lucky they not looking at my screen, if not, to them ClubSnap WILL become ClubSex !!!
    ok ok i go put warning.

my point is if more than this arbitrary # that i picked out (arbitrary because i haven't gone back to count exactly how many people have been saying this is bad but regardless its been the same # of people talking) gave a hoot they should be saying something instead of not saying anything at all. doesn't matter if the opinion is valid. The point is the nay sayers have been making it sound like the entire community cares about what is happening with this place's slide to sleazy but i have yet to see more than the same old people say anything.
    true, it's not exactly a represensative sample of the population, since all here who have posted are male, and most of us are photographers ( i think). even then, since when have more than 10 people taken any interest in any vaguely serious issue unless it's something to do with complaining about their miserable life?

Still waiting for your concrete example instead of the self flagellation one le

true, it's not exactly a represensative sample of the population, since all here who have posted are male, and most of us are photographers ( i think). even then, since when have more than 10 people taken any interest in any vaguely serious issue unless it's something to do with complaining about their miserable life?
    ya hor how come all the people who voice out have been men?! The women of this forum never take offense to the blatant sexism and exploitation is it?

Still waiting for your concrete example instead of the self flagellation one le
    there are many forms of escapism, i do not see any reason why i should have to provide a "concrete example", since

in the same measure of breath, i could just as easily dismiss your "photographing women" as escapism example as a sloppy one.

after all, ish art what. how can you degrade the fine appreciation of the womanly features of our female population, and the bends and curves of their supple bodies as escapism?

ya hor how come all the people who voice out have been men?! The women of this forum never take offense to the blatant sexism and exploitation is it?
    most of the women prefer being photographed.

of course what. then who will play devil's advocate? besides who died and made the moral cops?
    playing devil's advocate is nothing wrong

but only if you firmly believe in what you are saying - in this case, from a personal viewpoint, it does seem like you're just doing so for the sake of a variance in opinion - i do feel that there is a blatant lack of conviction in your argument, as opposed to say.. deadpoet's post made a lot earlier on.

maybe you could ask him to play devil's advocate here.. but he has gone missing.

playing devil's advocate is nothing wrong

but only if you firmly believe in what you are saying - in this case, from a personal viewpoint, it does seem like you're just doing so for the sake of a variance in opinion - i do feel that there is a blatant lack of conviction in your argument, as opposed to say.. deadpoet's post made a lot earlier on.

maybe you could ask him to play devil's advocate here.. but he has gone missing.
    coz he bo chap about the sleaze content ma.

there are many forms of escapism, i do not see any reason why i should have to provide a "concrete example", since

in the same measure of breath, i could just as easily dismiss your "photographing women" as escapism example as a sloppy one.

after all, ish art what. how can you degrade the fine appreciation of the womanly features of our female population, and the bends and curves of their supple bodies as escapism?
    asking for u to give example coz i dun get what point u're trying to make since u picked something irrelevant to support ur arguement.

Out of the 30+- who put their name down, to speak up or not is their choice, just like you mentioned "who are we to go out and police", the same applies, who are we to say that they must con't to post their disapproval?

Doesn't matter if the opinion is valid? does it also apply to your opinion expressed so far? if so, than what is the point of posting at all?

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111619202122232631 ... LastLast