Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101518192021222530 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex sells

Default Re: Sex sells

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    I don't think anyone of us have anything against advertisers earning a buck, that's business. But when the advertisers are the ones giving GWC an excuse for their escapism, should't we start with the advertisers? To express an opinion of disapproval is not being elitist, it's a personnal opinion. If this opinion is shared by others and the admins/mods, there's nothing wrong with it.
    just because the majority agree on an idea doesn't necessarily make it the right idea. in this case i'd say the escapism for the GWC is the thing that should be tackled not the advertizers...as long as there's the escapism for the advertizers to tap into it will always happen.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    just because the majority agree on an idea doesn't necessarily make it the right idea. in this case i'd say the escapism for the GWC is the thing that should be tackled not the advertizers...as long as there's the escapism for the advertizers to tap into it will always happen.
    Do you fight the fire which is already started or do you prevent the firestarter from starting the fire?
    There's just no way to fight a GWC's escapism. No one will even admit that he's a GWC for you to start with, but we can control what is being advertised, right?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

just because the majority agree on an idea doesn't necessarily make it the right idea.
    Actually, in a privately owned forum like CS, a majority is not needed, just the direction of the owners and those who shape it will matter and this don't have to be base on majority. Basing on majority may not always be a good thing.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Actually, in a privately owned forum like CS, a majority is not needed, just the direction of the owners and those who shape it will matter and this don't have to be base on majority. Basing on majority may not always be a good thing.
    this u and i agree on

Do you fight the fire which is already started or do you prevent the firestarter from starting the fire?
    There's just no way to fight a GWC's escapism. No one will even admit that he's a GWC for you to start with, but we can control what is being advertised, right?
    start profiling lor

start profiling lor
    Who's paying?

Who's paying?
    CS will come up with a tax system for organisers to pay... so those who dun join these shoots not affected, u shoot u pay!
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 7th October 2008 at 06:07 PM.

Who's paying?
    good question. anyone want to put up a retainer?

yqt you know its funny that this place is a community of thousands...but only like 30 voices at max have been speaking out about this topic...even the original ts like bo chap liao. so a small sample of the community here doesn't make for enough outrage at the way the organziers are advertising.
    Last edited by TheQuestion; 7th October 2008 at 06:26 PM.

yqt you know its funny that this place is a community of thousands...but only like 30 voices at max have been speaking out about this topic...even the original ts like bo chap liao. so a small sample of the community here doesn't make for enough outrage at the way the organziers are advertising.
    Or maybe there is just a bloody lot of GWCs here but dare not break cover heheheh.... and would that be surprising if 99% are like that on the sly?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Or maybe there is just a bloody lot of GWCs here but dare not break cover heheheh.... and would that be surprising if 99% are like that on the sly?
    then this place bo hope liao and the thread should be locked lor.

then this place bo hope liao and the thread should be locked lor.
    Nope you have to do what the police and govt do...set up Geyland, Petain Road and all those wonderful places for some release. You can't stop it but you can control it and limit it. Sometime you don't control or confront the OKT...you can also influence the customers or the "bed workers" eheheheh..... there is always more then one way to get around a problem.

But are the comments valid? Does it warrant some form of respond? As a forum we can all voice our comments and as a privately owned forum, it's up to the forum owners and the people running it to decide which way to go. If everything must be a BIG enough group or the majority to comments, die liow lar

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Nope you have to do what the police and govt do...set up Geyland, Petain Road and all those wonderful places for some release. You can't stop it but you can control it and limit it. Sometime you don't control or confront the OKT...you can also influence the customers or the "bed workers" eheheheh..... there is always more then one way to get around a problem.
    Ok, let's do that. Set up a private sub forum and we put you in charge

Ok, let's do that. Set up a private sub forum and we put you in charge
    I will only need one button. "Erase thread" ....it would be a very clean and empty sub-forum heheheh.... so best to forget it.

But are the comments valid? Does it warrant some form of respond? As a forum we can all voice our comments and as a privately owned forum, it's up to the forum owners and the people running it to decide which way to go. If everything must be a BIG enough group or the majority to comments, die liow lar
    i'm not asking for majority rule but it seems like NO ONE cares if its only like 5 same people talking about a subject. that or no one else is as prudish as the ones who've been saying its bad
    Last edited by TheQuestion; 7th October 2008 at 09:21 PM.

I have been busy with work. Not Bo chap.

The very reason I started this is because I cared for the forum and its development, like many others who have put in their 2 cents worth.

Its not about destroying free markets nor mod-bashing nor censorship. Its about giving a heads-up for the forum to ask if they are going in the direction that they want.

Last edited by razor; 7th October 2008 at 10:23 PM.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I have been busy with work. Not Bo chap.

The very reason I started this is because I cared for the forum and its development, like many others who have put in their 2 cents worth.

Its not about destroying free markets nor mod-bashing nor censorship. Its about giving a heads-up for the forum to ask if they are going in the direction that they want.

fair enuff about being busy...but unfortunately only a few voices have spoken out about what you said is the direction of the forum...and i stand by what i said 5+ voices do not make a representative sample of the entire community of this forum (not counting the mods).

besides no one has answered the q: what gives you the right to go out and police others? the mods here alone have it but i dun see how the other forumers do.
    but who has done that here?

no one.

This picture is from the Clubsnap Gallery of Shoot organizer Blue-Art who registered himself in August 2008. It's a picture that I chanced upon.
    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/120053

and this too
    http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphoto.php/photo/118740

WARNING. PICS ARE ADULT ORIENTATED.
    Last edited by kirk; 7th October 2008 at 11:17 PM.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101518192021222530 ... LastLast