Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 81316171819202328 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 710

Thread: Sex sells

  1. #341

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    mod bashing is not a sport that i tolerate
    Which part is the mod bashing?

  2. #342

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Just let them advertise the way they wanted.

    Maybe can fix it like the B&S. All drop down selection. Then, sure won't go wrong.

  3. #343
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Just let them advertise the way they wanted.

    Like this?

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422965
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  4. #344

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Yes. Is there a problem?

  5. #345
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Yes. Is there a problem?
    Yes, to some of us, there is.

    If you want to know what is the problem, I suggest you go through this thread to find out.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  6. #346
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Which part is the mod bashing?
    you will know when you receive a friendly pm

  7. #347
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Honestly, I don't see anything really wrong with these two particular advertisements.

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    If these are objectionable, I think many many many advertisements in daily and real life must be banned already.

  8. #348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Honestly, I don't see anything really wrong with these two particular advertisements.





    If these are objectionable, I think many many many advertisements in daily and real life must be banned already.
    It's not a matter of weather it's objectional or not. It about the image of CS project to the general public.

    Personal opinion, the first is just a shoot of XMM in short, tight fitting "policewoman" uniform while the 2nd is just using sex to sell the shoot. While it's not against the law, it's the image of being associated with paid shoots/images posted of this kind which we're talking about.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  9. #349
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    It's not a matter of weather it's objectional or not. It about the image of CS project to the general public.

    Personal opinion, the first is just a shoot of XMM in short, tight fitting "policewoman" uniform while the 2nd is just using sex to sell the shoot. While it's not against the law, it's the image of being associated with paid shoots/images posted of this kind which we're talking about.
    But this is how they can fill the numbers... if you just post simple shots, do you think you can fill up the slots as quickly??
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  10. #350
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Sex sells

    the problem is that CS is starting to look like OKT for XMM
    catering to GWC looking for a flesh parade instead of a photography shoot

  11. #351
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    look at it this way, how would you feel if the impression is:

    "If you want images of young girls in skimpy, sexy, semi expoused outfit, go to ClubSnap. They even have orginized shoot of this nature there."

    Not against the law, but hopefully not in CS either.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  12. #352
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Using sex to sell things are quite common in real life, whether you see it selling beer, cars, cigarettes etc.

    I don't know about the image being projected, but I don't think that the companies selling beer, cars, cigarettes etc are given a bad name when sex is being used to sell these products.

    Of course, if people start thinking "Go to CS to shoot babes", that is of course one of the things to think about. That said, if it results in more photographers joining, it may not be a bad thing either from an administrator's viewpoint.

    I guess its all about balancing competing interests and not going overboard in either direction. In my own view (which remains strictly my own) - unless CS becomes a place where people come to hire models for sex or the like, I think it is still okay.

    These advertisements are just ways of selling the product.

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    It's not a matter of weather it's objectional or not. It about the image of CS project to the general public.

    Personal opinion, the first is just a shoot of XMM in short, tight fitting "policewoman" uniform while the 2nd is just using sex to sell the shoot. While it's not against the law, it's the image of being associated with paid shoots/images posted of this kind which we're talking about.

  13. #353
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    the problem is that CS is starting to look like OKT for XMM
    catering to GWC looking for a flesh parade instead of a photography shoot
    So how can we prevent this?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  14. #354
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    But this is how they can fill the numbers... if you just post simple shots, do you think you can fill up the slots as quickly??
    But this way of filling up the numbers are also giving the whole forum a bad name and attracting a different type of "photographers" here.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  15. #355
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Using sex to sell things are quite common in real life, whether you see it selling beer, cars, cigarettes etc.

    I don't know about the image being projected, but I don't think that the companies selling beer, cars, cigarettes etc are given a bad name when sex is being used to sell these products.

    Of course, if people start thinking "Go to CS to shoot babes", that is of course one of the things to think about. That said, if it results in more photographers joining, it may not be a bad thing either from an administrator's viewpoint.

    I guess its all about balancing competing interests and not going overboard in either direction. In my own view (which remains strictly my own) - unless CS becomes a place where people come to hire models for sex or the like, I think it is still okay.

    These advertisements are just ways of selling the product.
    Using sex to sell is one thing, how you do it is another. Beer company use lots of sexy images to sell their stuff, so do porn sites, but how they do it defines them to be what they are.

    People talking about "Go to CS to shoot babes" ? I suspect that we're already pass that point.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  16. #356
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    the problem is that CS is starting to look like OKT for XMM
    catering to GWC looking for a flesh parade instead of a photography shoot
    i've got news for CS: Every kind of model shoot here, be it xmm or model, is a flesh parade. You think people are gonna sign up to join a shoot with a fat person or *gosh* a male model? you want to stop the slide into catering GWC's fantasies the best is to just ban all these shoots and let people go and do their own thing. that way CS' rep doesn't take a hit like people are saying it is.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  17. #357
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Using sex to sell is one thing, how you do it is another. Beer company use lots of sexy images to sell their stuff, so do porn sites, but how they do it defines them to be what they are.

    People talking about "Go to CS to shoot babes" ? I suspect that we're already pass that point.
    then what's the solution that you're proposing? I'm not against the arguement of cleaning up the forum's image but no one has bothered to come up with answers...the whole thread's been more about blah blah we're sleazy and we shouldn't look like this and what they're doing is wrong...ok then what's the solution to the problem?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  18. #358
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    then what's the solution that you're proposing? I'm not against the arguement of cleaning up the forum's image but no one has bothered to come up with answers...the whole thread's been more about blah blah we're sleazy and we shouldn't look like this and what they're doing is wrong...ok then what's the solution to the problem?
    Advise, educate and guide. Failing which, edit and delete. But it's up to the people higher up here how they want to do this. I think they are already starting but on a PM basis, maybe?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  19. #359
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Advise, educate and guide. Failing which, edit and delete. But it's up to the people higher up here how they want to do this. I think they are already starting but on a PM basis, maybe?
    then what was the point of compiling that list of volunteers? and educate how? tell people what they're doing is wrong? you think that's gonna change things?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  20. #360
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    then what was the point of compiling that list of volunteers? and educate how? tell people what they're doing is wrong? you think that's gonna change things?
    That was not a list of volunteers but a list of people who felt that things are getting out of hand and hope for change.

    I tell them no use, they will just ask me to piss off, but if the admins/mods tell them, that it's a different thing. Of course, having hope that the admins/mods do their part, we should also support them in this matter.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 81316171819202328 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •