Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex sells

Default Re: Sex sells

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    As a photographer yourself u should also DIRECT your model or at least engage them and talk with them. Dun expect the girl to auto pose well and clamp yourself up. ALOT of people here dun seem to understand this.
    Yap, that's what I did too on the directing of pose. But it's not really nice to keep telling the model what to pose right? Paying for a shoot, should we expect what they need to know or we keep telling them what to do? Which do you prefer?
    キヤノン 450D + 5D2 + 5D3 + 6D + 富士フイルム XP1 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    imagine... next time a thread title " One Night Stand " for a night shoot theme...
    Another "One Night Stand" for those who don't know how:

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Another "One Night Stand" for those who don't know how:

I DAY stand lah!!!! chey!...

Quote Originally Posted by ahpan View Post
    Yap, that's what I did too on the directing of pose. But it's not really nice to keep telling the model what to pose right? Paying for a shoot, should we expect what they need to know or we keep telling them what to do? Which do you prefer?

u dun direct then what for you go and shoot? as long as you're not rude about it you're fine. They would know what position is best for them but its up to you to direct them to get the shot YOU want. It's a collaboration also. But for anyone who expect the model to just auto pose...they should wake up their idea. either learn to speak up or go shoot trees and bugs. this is humans you;re dealing with so dun expect them to be robots on auto pilot.
    Last edited by TheQuestion; 4th October 2008 at 12:49 PM.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I've been noticing these shoots also.
    I have to say that it gives me the impression that Clubsnap is getting pretty slutty and cheap.
    agreed
    they just keep on copying it...!!
    whitewall industry

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Let's do it, and do it well.

The problem is, many of the organizers in question, will spent time dreaming up catchy sexy sleazy and "whatever it takes to make the sale" slogans, but 9/10 failed to deliver.

Oh well
    Hawkers ... there are the rare few that truly believe in their craft - it's their life's work! And they take pride in creating the best dish they can for the price. Of course, most others just do what they do, and quite a few blatantly actually don't care, as long as sales is there. Why do people still patronize them? Because they may have gotten numb over time, or didn't know better.

If shoot organisers were all into the 'craft', we wouldn't even be here discussing these.

Which reminds me, Dec hols are coming round again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Brothers,

Please don't forget to add your names on the list if you are against it.

Number is strength while talks are interesting too.
    Ah.. That's what the list was for.. I was started photography at 10.. now, decades later, I am starting others at 6 or younger (a 6 year old was spotted with a Nikon F5 during the F1 race ).. shouldn't clubsnap be a place where they could learn in, since they can use the net for everything else? That's my point..

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    24. Marios Pittas

Quote Originally Posted by ahpan View Post
    Interesting, I like this type of organizer who is willingly to help out the juniors and share his photography experiences. I feel that an organizer should also look over at their models during the shoot, ie see what pose to correct etc. I ever attended a shoot and the organizer don't know went where and left the model with us.. worse the model also don't know what to pose. Wasting time.. or should I say the model is not experience enough? To conclude, I feel that organizer should plan before hand what models should do's & dont's during the shoot too.

Yes, Bro modelinn shoot is interesting and worth the value as he provides lighting equipments for his shoots. Photographers who wish to learn photography can learn about lighting equipments etc etc... : )

But being say that.. depends on the type of photographers I think.. shoot for fun, or shoot for learning... : )
    Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post
    brudder..dun like dat say la.... still around la .... observing the 'trend' .... but then, break it ?

things have never been the same since ..... I must be the 'die hard' organiser who is still sticking his ass into organised shoots here...but when some of us 'old birds' saw the directions of these shoots....if we were not human, our heads would probably have fallen off by now.... * for shaking our heads and sighing too much *

remember our first shoot ? =) ... u asked why I still went ahead with it ?

There are SO MANY bikini and lingerie these days...lots of cosplay too... japanese school girls being the most popular ? there are many reasons why a person joins a shoot... he may be an aspiring photographer or just GWCs ....

I have NOT conducted many shoots for obvious reasons.. there are SO MANY every weekends .... and if i do conduct a shoot, I transform the subjects for some of you to capture something different. Those who had attended my shoots can vouch for me. I bring enuff stuffs for one to try sth different. I encouraged them to try dynamic angles when they were holding back.. I asked them to pull back if they were too close.. if they had blurred images, I explained to them why bcos I watched their back while they shot ... I encouraged communication when i noticed they were not directing the subjects or even talking to the models ..... seriously, this is missing in some....if some models are not doing the right poses or giving the right facial expressions, I will demo ... an effective organised shoot should never be short of a SHARING element .... and if some had contracted the BBB virus, I will snap them out of it Having top notch or latest equipments do not make them a better photographer... its always the one behind the viewfinder =).. more often than not, newbies forget that they can tweak their settings to get a similar exposure ..its a matter of understanding what photography is all about... its always heart warming when i see the seniors leading the juniors ... and i do know those who had joined my shoots were out for some serious photography

I guess the bottomline is responsibility ? .... its a personal thing ? ....... there is really nth much we can do .. alone

That said, I am NOT giving up on this forum ... I ve just renewed my subscription tho I dun organise weekly shoots

Bro MODELINN is leading the pack now
    Just heard my nick.. didnt know there's so much discussion here.. haha..

Well personally I am against over-censorship, or censorship in general. But then again, its just me being liberal, even though I am brought up pretty strict. But I think too much censorship might have counter-productive results. But now the discussion is about the title, I guess its ultimately up to the Forum owners to decide what direction they wish to advance. Anyways i believe the content of the shoot is the most important, and no catchy title is going to take you far if you cannot produce the goods. Unless the goods has got nothing to do with photography.. (",)

I AGREE, This forum is getting too much of these sexual fantasy series of photoshoot.

The organiser always have many lobangs hooking these young students and lure them into these modelling dream. They should be focusing more on the studies. gals at young age are very native.

There are many decent pro photographers & beginner here, but behind the camera, There are always many desperate wolves eyeing their wet fantasy photo shoot too.

Its not easy to engage modelling in a decent ways for young gals these days. Most have to put half ball to attractive these participants.

I suggest the organiser of suchs shoots should post in the SammyBoy forum instead!!

Clupsnap is a Decent environment but its becoming somehow a little alooklike to SammyBoy forum!

Deregistered

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    24. Marios Pittas
    25. Domdomino

I am sorry to say something like that but I starting to feel that these organiser are becoming like "OKT".... Its really cheap~

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceParadise View Post
    I am sorry to say something like that but I starting to feel that these organiser are becoming like "OKT".... Its really cheap~
    I second that.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    24. Marios Pittas
    25. Domdomino
    err dom, your avatar u got get model release anot... please change it...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceParadise View Post
    it doesn't reflect good on the value of the gals, worse if i am one of their boyfrens, school mates , relatives or future working colleagues..

think twice about reputation when one use such a title or heading to market a shoot...
    Last edited by Exposure; 5th October 2008 at 02:25 AM.

This isn't sammyboy

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    24. Marios Pittas
    25. Domdomino
    26: Revad3

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    24. Marios Pittas
    25. Domdomino
    27. redstone

Shoot sexy girl? Concept? Styling? None? What's the reason why you want the model to do this and that? Concept, what's the main idea behind the series?

Another reaons is perhaps to be a "legalised" formal version of Sggirls?
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    24. Marios Pittas
    25. Domdomino
    27. redstone
    28 Old Boy

Just bumped out of 24th..now 28th, just to show my support against "Sex Sells" syndrome..Well, never participated in any but may consider Modelinn's organised shoot if I go for protrait photography, real quality type. No interest yet..

Deregistered

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    24. Marios Pittas
    25. Domdomino
    27. redstone
    28 Old Boy
    29. bigbird17

i am def against it. i mean i notice alot of these lately too!!

I was just thinking about this, and drew some parallels with the organs-for-sale case.

If we want to hang the suppliers, shouldn't the consumers be made to carry the corpse?

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast