Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex sells

Default Re: Sex sells

pls kindly do give some suggestion from the point
    1-5

we dun play with nurses, we photographed nurses.. playing and photorgraphed a great difference !

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    we dun play with nurses, we photographed nurses.. playing and photorgraphed a great difference !
    u think too much

i think the nurse should give u a good check up

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    can u blame them? This is their rice bowl for some of them...
    For some of them ... I would say a very few of them ....
    YES ... it is their rice bowl .... But the other majority is just probably trying to get some extra pocket money on the weekends ....

How do you run a "rice bowl" like this ...
    6 bikini models at $70 ....
    Sugar Sweet ...... 2 models at $30 ...

And i should say the term "model" is used very loosely here .....

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    if i can pull off a film noir look and feel, I would love to try something like that ... ONS ... Dangerous liaisons, 9-1/2 weeks ... as long as I can make the photos look really good!
    That ... i think is the key difference ....
    A very fine line between looking classy / artistic and looking cheap.

That is also probably where a lot of the bikini and lingerie shoot organiser may have forgotten to take a look and do their planning ... It is also probably not easy to do this in a group shoot ... with 4-6 other photographers trying to take pictures behind you ... or next to you ....

Maybe next time during the shoot, the "model" will ask the 'photographer" you want special?

I won't be surprised if it's been done before, perhaps just not here as an organised shoot that's all.

In fact, if i can pull off a film noir look and feel, I would love to try something like that ... ONS ... Dangerous liaisons, 9-1/2 weeks ... as long as I can make the photos look really good!
    wah, u great lor, pull out those shows from my primary school days...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wah, u great lor, pull out those shows from my primary school days...
    Well, yu have to admit that from a cinematic and lighting perspective, many of the scenes in those shows are quite stunning, especially 9-1/2! I didn't quite like 2 Moon Junction though!

If shoot organizers here can pull off a shoot like that within a reasonable budget, it would raise the bar on paid shoots tremendously!

Well, yu have to admit that from a cinematic and lighting perspective, many of the scenes in those shows are quite stunning, especially 9-1/2! I didn't quite like 2 Moon Junction though!

If shoot organizers here can pull off a shoot like that within a reasonable budget, it would raise the bar on paid shoots tremendously!
    ya, the fridge scene rite...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

ya, the fridge scene rite...
    I kinda prefer the dramatic shadows of the alley/staircase in the rain scenes.

I kinda prefer the dramatic shadows of the alley/staircase in the rain scenes.
    somehow, that scene looks pretty much b&w to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    For some of them ... I would say a very few of them ....
    YES ... it is their rice bowl .... But the other majority is just probably trying to get some extra pocket money on the weekends ....

How do you run a "rice bowl" like this ...
    6 bikini models at $70 ....
    Sugar Sweet ...... 2 models at $30 ...

And i should say the term "model" is used very loosely here .....
    agreed
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

somehow, that scene looks pretty much b&w to me...
    'Well, i wld guess film noir wld be much better in B&W than colour ...

Anyway, nothing sexual, but sensual in it's own way ...

seriously... how many pick up photography just to shoot babes ?

seriously... how many pick up photography just to shoot babes ?
    Even if they do, do you think they would admit it?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Even if they do, do you think they would admit it?
    dun have to admit...u just look at their output and u will know liao

Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post
    brudder..dun like dat say la.... still around la .... observing the 'trend' .... but then, break it ?

things have never been the same since ..... I must be the 'die hard' organiser who is still sticking his ass into organised shoots here...but when some of us 'old birds' saw the directions of these shoots....if we were not human, our heads would probably have fallen off by now.... * for shaking our heads and sighing too much *

remember our first shoot ? ) ... u asked why I still went ahead with it ?

There are SO MANY bikini and lingerie these days...lots of cosplay too... japanese school girls being the most popular ? there are many reasons why a person joins a shoot... he may be an aspiring photographer or just GWCs ....

I have NOT conducted many shoots for obvious reasons.. there are SO MANY every weekends .... and if i do conduct a shoot, I transform the subjects for some of you to capture something different. Those who had attended my shoots can vouch for me. I bring enuff stuffs for one to try sth different. I encouraged them to try dynamic angles when they were holding back.. I asked them to pull back if they were too close.. if they had blurred images, I explained to them why bcos I watched their back while they shot ... I encouraged communication when i noticed they were not directing the subjects or even talking to the models ..... seriously, this is missing in some....if some models are not doing the right poses or giving the right facial expressions, I will demo ... an effective organised shoot should never be short of a SHARING element .... and if some had contracted the BBB virus, I will snap them out of it Having top notch or latest equipments do not make them a better photographer... its always the one behind the viewfinder ).. more often than not, newbies forget that they can tweak their settings to get a similar exposure ..its a matter of understanding what photography is all about... its always heart warming when i see the seniors leading the juniors ... and i do know those who had joined my shoots were out for some serious photography

I guess the bottomline is responsibility ? .... its a personal thing ? ....... there is really nth much we can do .. alone

That said, I am NOT giving up on this forum ... I ve just renewed my subscription tho I dun organise weekly shoots

Bro MODELINN is leading the pack now
    Interesting, I like this type of organizer who is willingly to help out the juniors and share his photography experiences. I feel that an organizer should also look over at their models during the shoot, ie see what pose to correct etc. I ever attended a shoot and the organizer don't know went where and left the model with us.. worse the model also don't know what to pose. Wasting time.. or should I say the model is not experience enough? To conclude, I feel that organizer should plan before hand what models should do's & dont's during the shoot too.

Yes, Bro modelinn shoot is interesting and worth the value as he provides lighting equipments for his shoots. Photographers who wish to learn photography can learn about lighting equipments etc etc... : )

But being say that.. depends on the type of photographers I think.. shoot for fun, or shoot for learning... : )
    Last edited by ahpan; 4th October 2008 at 12:24 PM.
    キヤノン 450D + 5D2 + 5D3 + 6D + 富士フイルム XP1 :)

Quote Originally Posted by ahpan View Post
    Interesting, I like this type of organizer who is willingly to help out the juniors and share his photography experiences. I feel that an organizer should also look over at their models during the shoot, ie see what pose to correct etc. I ever attended a shoot and the organizer don't know went where and left the model with us.. worse the model also don't know what to pose. Wasting time.. or should I say the model is not experience enough? To conclude, I feel that organizer should plan before hand what models should do's & dont's during the shoot too.

Yes, Bro modelinn shoot is interesting and worth the value as he provides lighting equipments for his shoots. Photographers who wish to learn photography can learn about lighting equipments etc etc... : )

But being say that.. depends on the type of photographers I think.. shoot for fun, or shoot for learning... : )
    As a photographer yourself u should also DIRECT your model or at least engage them and talk with them. Dun expect the girl to auto pose well and clamp yourself up. ALOT of people here dun seem to understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Lightning
    Brothers,

Please don't forget to add your names on the list if you are against it.

Number is strength while talks are interesting too.
    Last edited by Sion; 4th October 2008 at 12:35 PM.

imagine... next time a thread title " One Night Stand " for a night shoot theme...
    I won't be surprised if it's been done before, perhaps just not here as an organised shoot that's all.

In fact, if i can pull off a film noir look and feel, I would love to try something like that ... ONS ... Dangerous liaisons, 9-1/2 weeks ... as long as I can make the photos look really good!
    Let's do it, and do it well.

The problem is, many of the organizers in question, will spent time dreaming up catchy sexy sleazy and "whatever it takes to make the sale" slogans, but 9/10 failed to deliver.

Oh well
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast