Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 710

Thread: Sex sells

  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    Wait till all those images posted here are their mothers, daughters, sisters, or wives, then censorship will kick in here.
    This one will kick in big time man
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  2. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Would be interesting to note if any Shoot Organiser is reading this thread or have some feedback.
    It would be good to invite them to give their side of the story, no?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  3. #203

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    Wait till all those images posted here are their mothers, daughters, sisters, or wives, then censorship will kick in here.
    If that ever starts to happen, man, I run away fast fast liao!


    I mean, imagine titles in P&P like:


    'My 200 kg wife Exposed'

    'Spicy Grandma dishes! WARNING! NUDES INSIDE!'

    '1st posting - My Marrther is a Bikini Babe'


    and who knows, one day we might actually get announcements like:

    'Kopi-tiam Ah-Soh all HAWT & SWEATY! Seksi TFCD! LAI AH! LAI AH! LAI LAI LAI!'
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 3rd October 2008 at 06:32 PM.

  4. #204

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    If that ever starts to happen, man, I run away fast fast liao!


    I mean, imagine titles in P&P like:


    'My 200 kg wife Exposed'

    'Spicy Grandma dishes! WARNING! NUDES INSIDE!'

    '1st posting - My Marrther is a Bikini Babe'


    and who knows, one day we might actually get announcements like:

    'Kopi-tiam Ah-Soh all HAWT & SWEATY! Seksi TFCD! LAI AH! LAI AH! LAI LAI LAI!'
    i will book the whole session and transfer the location to geylang. the room rate is $25, cheap cheap. also will invite the model's family to come along.

  5. #205

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    i will book the whole session and transfer the location to geylang. the room rate is $25, cheap cheap. also will invite the model's family to come along.
    WAH! INCEST-themed hoot ah?

    Jopel, I scared of yu leh ... got this kind of chut lobang.

  6. #206

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    It would be good to invite them to give their side of the story, no?
    Yes it would be, but I doubt if any would take up the invite, or really discuss matters candidly. Right now they're all probably watching this thread like siao liao.

  7. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Yes it would be, but I doubt if any would take up the invite, or really discuss matters candidly. Right now they're all probably watching this thread like siao liao.
    But a good open talk will be good for all. I don't think that anyone here is asking for blood or are so an*l to ask them them to be goodie two shoes. I think we all just hope to see the marketing and shoot go up a level in terms of professionalism instate of going down the drain. There's much we can learn from everyone here in CS as well as from other sites. Some lessons we act on while others are learn as a reminder to stay away from.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  8. #208
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    But a good open talk will be good for all. I don't think that anyone here is asking for blood or are so an*l to ask them them to be goodie two shoes. I think we all just hope to see the marketing and shoot go up a level in terms of professionalism instate of going down the drain. There's much we can learn from everyone here in CS as well as from other sites. Some lessons we act on while others are learn as a reminder to stay away from.
    that's the case you hire them a marketing consultant la.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  9. #209

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    But a good open talk will be good for all. I don't think that anyone here is asking for blood or are so an*l to ask them them to be goodie two shoes. I think we all just hope to see the marketing and shoot go up a level in terms of professionalism instate of going down the drain. There's much we can learn from everyone here in CS as well as from other sites. Some lessons we act on while others are learn as a reminder to stay away from.
    It depends on perspectives.

    To some parties, those on the list might be viewed as a collective/authoritarian group that appears to be set on taking a moral/artistic higher-ground and at the same time, depriving them of a powerful tool that has proven to draw in business and therefore, profits for them.

    There may be several double-edged swords to a censorious approach, but there-again, CS does belong to a private group and therefore is free to make any rules or guidelines as is deemed necessary, or even to 'shape' or 'nurture' the type of audience/members it wants.

    To me, it's not only a matter of the actual subject matter* because there will always be disagreement as to what constitutes tastefulness, and for something to be deemed as being 'in good taste', but it's more a matter of nurturing decorum. Go to the foreign photo forums specifically for nudes and erotic fine arts, or the nude and glamor sections in general photo forumsand you'll hardly find degenerative or pointedly base expressions being used.

    *solely based on the argument that there will always be different people in life with different values ... and that many would find even fine arts or a great number of works from the masters objectionable.

  10. #210

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    my post was in reponse to some who prefer absolute freedom... some view it so extreme.
    Thank you for the comment. It sounds extreme, but this "absolute freedom is dangerous" mindset is what has been holding people and countries from truly growing into mature entities. It is not dangerous, it is merely self-serving, and serves only to make you more comfortable, not actually to "make the world safer".

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Censorship is everywhere and we practise it everyday.

    Not using the "F" word when you're speaking to your boss or parents even when you're piss off is already a form of self censorship. Not posting an image which you have shot where the model accidentally expose herself is also censorship. So you see, not all censorship are bad.
    Thank you for your response. I will agree to disagree with you, as differences of opinion is and should be respected. However using the F word when speaking to my boss suggests I am not articulate enough to express a strong response when it is warranted, when that is not the case. If I need to use it, then I use it, and they understand. This is still a different kettle of fish though.

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    You're right to say that this is an open forum and a certain level of scum and sleeze will creep in. Thing is, do we allow this to con't and grow or do we contain it?
    The premise here is "we can control it, and control well enough". This is not me casting doubt on the ability of the mods and admins here on CS, this is me showing up with a reality check, saying "this level of control will never be truly exerted, and it is counter-productive", along with my idealistic side saying I will not support this on a personal level.

    Everyone will do what they think is right, regardless, and I can respect that. I just ask for the same level of respect in return towards those of us who either don't give a damn, or those of us who sees this as censorship and are objecting to it.

  11. #211

    Default Re: Sex sells

    So where are the mods' opinion on this? This idea of "censorship"
    They've always seemed very open about the fact that they have to censor to protect us, so I guess they don't have any issue about censorship regarding sexual content?

    Any forum owners has the right to steer the direction of its content. Even in less censored countries.
    Luminous-landscape, Photo.net, Dpreview.com, all have a certain direction. I don't know what it says that our forums seem to be the ones with the most sexual marketing.

    So let's not veer off-course into the realm of CENSORSHIP. You know I don't like censorship either.
    This is more about what kind of image Clubsnap wants to encourage.
    The issue here is that the advertising on the threads makes this place look lurid to some degree. Are the mods supporting the direction? Is this the way they want to go? And if so, I find it abit ironic that we can take pictures of naked women in threads that are indirectly supported by Clubsnap admin, but we can't post it on the Portraits and Poses? Now THAT is censorship, and the censorship-haters here should be focusing on that element.

    It's obvious that the main point of the shooting is to attract men who want to shoot naked women and jerk off to them, photographic quality be damned.

    Let's call a spade a spade, these threads cater to men who want to create their own porn, and if this is the direction that the clubsnap admin wants to go, at least be upfront about it.
    Last edited by mattlock; 3rd October 2008 at 08:28 PM.

  12. #212

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    To me, it's not only a matter of the actual subject matter* because there will always be disagreement as to what constitutes tastefulness, and for something to be deemed as being 'in good taste', but it's more a matter of nurturing decorum. Go to the foreign photo forums specifically for nudes and erotic fine arts, or the nude and glamor sections in general photo forumsand you'll hardly find degenerative or pointedly base expressions being used.

    I feel the reason this is so is because many of the people actually do take photos because they have that certain passion for that form of photography.

    But we as Singaporeans implicitly sense that these workshops are more badly veiled ways of getting a kick out of naked women, which are seemingly lacking in Singapore.

  13. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Would be interesting to note if any Shoot Organiser is reading this thread or have some feedback.
    erm... oredi page 10 le.. no time to read all....am I the first one to report here ?


    I still prefer my 'Alphabet Soup'.....

  14. #214

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    yes, sad to see him go back to normal member
    but he has other commitments
    normal member also good what....can give you some "grassroots" perspectives...

  15. #215

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I feel the reason this is so is because many of the people actually do take photos because they have that certain passion for that form of photography.

    But we as Singaporeans implicitly sense that these workshops are more badly veiled ways of getting a kick out of naked women, which are seemingly lacking in Singapore.
    There are always people genuinely interested in glamor and nude photography for reasons besides wanting to be part of the process and to beat off to the photographs later.

    And there will always be the base levels of operations, with it's attendant fans and followers.

    I guess it's the ignorant and the scared ones that lumps it all together.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 3rd October 2008 at 08:55 PM.

  16. #216

    Default Re: Sex sells

    I HAVE A SUGGESTION
    Can we have a more direct and standardized rating system of the shoot
    Like, Brazillian Bikini or less revealing bikini?
    If it's a nude shoot, will she spread her legs?
    Will she bend over and act sexy?
    I mean, the people who want to join these shoots deserve to be treated to some proper information. I want to join a shoot but then I don't want to be disappointed when I go there

  17. #217

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    There are always people genuinely interested in glamor and nude photography for reasons besides wanting to be part of the process and to beat off to the photographs later.

    And there will always be the base levels of operations, with it's attendant fans and followers.

    I guess it's the ignorant and the scared ones that lumps it all together.
    I know. But what's wrong with being both at the same time?
    That my friend, is the true joy of photography.

  18. #218

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I know. But what's wrong with being both at the same time?
    That my friend, is the true joy of photography.
    Hmm, I haven't thought about it like that. How woulf you propose such a system work out?

  19. #219

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Hmm, I haven't thought about it like that. How woulf you propose such a system work out?
    It's just about the general public being more accepting that the driving force behind a lot of glamour and nude photography is S-E-X
    I think those of you that take naked pictures that don't beat off are really missing out on the joys of photography.

  20. #220

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    It's just about the general public being more accepting that the driving force behind a lot of glamour and nude photography is S-E-X
    I think those of you that take naked pictures that don't beat off are really missing out on the joys of photography.
    I'll be damned if you can get the majority of photographers to ever admit what they do in private!

    I guess at the end of the day, there's no denying that SEX sells .. it's just what kind of sex does CS want to be associated with, and how that is promoted and sold.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •