Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 710

Thread: Sex sells

  1. #181
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    And how are you proposing to control this?

    Age verification like using credit cards?
    A close-up photo of facial hair or hairy chest for proof of over 18?

  2. #182
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    A close-up photo of facial hair or hairy chest for proof of over 18?
    why not pubes if that's the case?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  3. #183
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    A close-up photo of facial hair or hairy chest for proof of over 18?
    female models got hairy chest & facial hair?

  4. #184

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    not really. there is a difference between telling tom and jane to not frolick in the dangerous part of the jungles, compared to not allowing them to touch each other at all. censorship is censorship, i'll give you that, and this is after all, undeniably.. the better form of censorship that you can get today.
    As evidenced by my post count, I'm very new here, and lurk far more than I post. However this topic struck a nerve; censorship, in any form, is never good, no matter what form it takes. I'm with Deadpoet here. I abhor any control mechanisms created by a select few who thinks everyone should conform to their standard of morality. It is oppression, and you cannot disguise it, and I will not support it.

    I also think that a lot of people have missed the point. This being an internet forum, you will always attract certain forms of scum. There is no way to combat that except for being aware and knowing how to protect yourself. I leave you with this gem of a quote, feel free to extrapolate its meaning.

    "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

    PS. Cookie for those who can attribute that quote!

  5. #185
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    As evidenced by my post count, I'm very new here, and lurk far more than I post. However this topic struck a nerve; censorship, in any form, is never good, no matter what form it takes. I'm with Deadpoet here. I abhor any control mechanisms created by a select few who thinks everyone should conform to their standard of morality. It is oppression, and you cannot disguise it, and I will not support it.

    I also think that a lot of people have missed the point. This being an internet forum, you will always attract certain forms of scum. There is no way to combat that except for being aware and knowing how to protect yourself. I leave you with this gem of a quote, feel free to extrapolate its meaning.

    "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

    PS. Cookie for those who can attribute that quote!
    some us president! or to be exact Thomas Paine.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  6. #186

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    some us president!
    This guys was never POTUS. Come on lah, you can do better! I'll share my chocolate chip cookie with you though, for effort

    Damn that was quick editing. Thomas Paine is correct. Cookie for you, sir!

  7. #187
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    This guys was never POTUS. Come on lah, you can do better! I'll share my chocolate chip cookie with you though, for effort

    Damn that was quick editing. Thomas Paine is correct. Cookie for you, sir!
    the POTUS was a joke. hence my saying to be exact
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sex sells

    let chaos reign then.

    time to remove the Guidelines Reminder liao...

  9. #189
    Member/Tangshooter jawzsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moi live in a flat
    Posts
    714

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Long and interesting read..... just hope to register a simple request to the organizers of photoshoot event to spare a thought for the image of the forum.. Thankz in advance....
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

  10. #190

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    the POTUS was a joke. hence my saying to be exact
    This is what happens when I type much slower than I can hit the reply button

  11. #191
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    This is what happens when I type much slower than I can hit the reply button
    hehe regardless i win a cookie! hehe
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  12. #192
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    let chaos reign then.

    time to remove the Guidelines Reminder liao...
    with such a comment. i believe its uncalled for, and i may just smell a warning sent to u or they will just land the hammer on u.

  13. #193
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by jawzsg View Post
    Long and interesting read..... just hope to register a simple request to the organizers of photoshoot event to spare a thought for the image of the forum.. Thankz in advance....
    lets put it this way....

    now. its both camera owners and shoot organisers that have spawn off this so called trend.

    if u have realised. i used the word camera owners and not photographers. and that is not to tarnish the word anymore.

    and it takes 2 hands to clap.

  14. #194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    with such a comment. i believe its uncalled for, and i may just smell a warning sent to u or they will just land the hammer on u.
    my post was in reponse to some who prefer absolute freedom... some view it so extreme.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    As evidenced by my post count, I'm very new here, and lurk far more than I post. However this topic struck a nerve; censorship, in any form, is never good, no matter what form it takes. I'm with Deadpoet here. I abhor any control mechanisms created by a select few who thinks everyone should conform to their standard of morality. It is oppression, and you cannot disguise it, and I will not support it.

  15. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    By the time, and if, CS gone the way of SG Girls, SG Girls will be another light year ahead doing something else.

    Back in the 1800's, let's say somewhere in China or North America, if a girl wears what a typical Singaporean teenagers might be wearing these days, she might be hauled off to jail, stoned to death, and at the very lest branded with the word "slut" on her forehead??

    time will change everything, including our thoughts and expectations.
    I'm not bothered by what SG Girls will become as I don't even know what it is right now, maybe will pop over just to "educate" myself

    Back in the 1800s, dressings are according to what is acceptable at that point in time, same as we're trying to see what is acceptable here now.

    In your earlier posting you have mentioned that the "style" of advertisment as well as the shoot itself have been sleazy. That, I think almost all of us have agreed is the going trend. Question is, do we want to accept this here in CS now? Do we want to do something about it? What can be done? How we can play a part?

    Time indeed will change our thoughts and expectations, but here and now, what are our thoughts and expectations?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  16. #196

    Default Re: Sex sells

    1. Sion (Captain)
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt (Goalkeeper)
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Smalltake
    24. Ol_B_y

    Agree the tag lines have to be moderated...no sleaze, be considerate !

  17. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    As evidenced by my post count, I'm very new here, and lurk far more than I post. However this topic struck a nerve; censorship, in any form, is never good, no matter what form it takes. I'm with Deadpoet here. I abhor any control mechanisms created by a select few who thinks everyone should conform to their standard of morality. It is oppression, and you cannot disguise it, and I will not support it.

    I also think that a lot of people have missed the point. This being an internet forum, you will always attract certain forms of scum. There is no way to combat that except for being aware and knowing how to protect yourself. I leave you with this gem of a quote, feel free to extrapolate its meaning.

    "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

    PS. Cookie for those who can attribute that quote!
    Censorship is everywhere and we practise it everyday.

    Not using the "F" word when you're speaking to your boss or parents even when you're piss off is already a form of self censorship. Not posting an image which you have shot where the model accidentally expose herself is also censorship. So you see, not all censorship are bad.

    You're right to say that this is an open forum and a certain level of scum and sleeze will creep in. Thing is, do we allow this to con't and grow or do we contain it?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  18. #198
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Would be interesting to note if any Shoot Organiser is reading this thread or have some feedback.

  19. #199

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Censorship is everywhere and we practise it everyday.

    Not using the "F" word when you're speaking to your boss or parents even when you're piss off is already a form of self censorship. Not posting an image which you have shot where the model accidentally expose herself is also censorship. So you see, not all censorship are bad.

    You're right to say that this is an open forum and a certain level of scum and sleeze will creep in. Thing is, do we allow this to con't and grow or do we contain it?
    Wait till all those images posted here are their mothers, daughters, sisters, or wives, then censorship will kick in here.

  20. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by chisiang View Post
    one thing I don't understand is why are the participant's name hidden or disguised?

    or probably it's always the same few blokes who turned up for those shoots therefore to prevent people from thinking likewise, their identities are hidden
    This is interesting. I've been woundering why as well.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •