Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What a load of bull from SBS!!

Default Re: What a load of bull from SBS!!

I find this is very unjustify for the public. First they increase the transport price, indicating of fuel increase and also getting a new fleet of buses which can accomodate disables. Now they give the excuse that they cannot ferry the disables on these special buses as the bus was not on WAB route. In the first place, why this special bus was not on WAB route, this give the public the wrong impression. It should be on WAB instead. This is very sad and annoying. Look at the explanation from the SBS representative, her replies are totally unacceptable. This is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    This is against PTC mission statement.

Get ready for some spin doctor statements.

If you look at this country buses, at least SBS has the wheelchair access bus decal and have the wheelchair bus infrastructure unlike Malaysia where there is no such service.

You can't compare with European bus services that has wheelchair access buses as this is uniquely Singapore and have different routes and cheaper bus fares when compared to Europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    being a small country, fuel consumption would be less, wear & tear of parts is also less, that should bring prices of fares lower. not to mention a highly dense population to support the transport operator.

*why bring in another country to compare, how fare is it?
    agree with sore-eyez, why compare with another country? so do u compare ur salary, housing, private car etc with another country? how about when ur company dont increase ur salary, do u tell them to compare to other country?

we are talking about local public transport provider. about their ever increasing and statement about making the system accessible for the wheel chair bound, yet, after installation the platform in some of the buses, refuses to use them.

how about putting it this way, is the bus stop, terminers, buses design for the visually impaired? so they shouldnt let them use the bus service too?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

How about this for customer service - "I never asked you to wait. If you don't want, don't wait."

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News...002-91193.html

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    How about this for customer service - "I never asked you to wait. If you don't want, don't wait."

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News...002-91193.html
    than there will be people coming in to say,

have u tried the public transport in malaysia? wonder why are u singaporean complaining.

so if I was an individual on a wheelchair, and I need to take a bus... I'll have to pray that the bus that plies through my frequent routes are wheel chair accessible? so if that's the case, I am suppose to a) go find out where such buses are, and b) if such routes do not occur within my destination intended/residence, that I move to somewhere more convenient?

I'm sorry but. that has got to be the biggest pile of horse manure I've heard in a while. try having that as an excuse in any other civilised country and you'll probably be hung drawn and quartered for suggesting that handicapped people are not entitled to equal privileges as able-bodied individuals.

chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    I find this is very unjustify for the public. First they increase the transport price, indicating of fuel increase and also getting a new fleet of buses which can accomodate disables. Now they give the excuse that they cannot ferry the disables on these special buses as the bus was not on WAB route. In the first place, why this special bus was not on WAB route, this give the public the wrong impression. It should be on WAB instead. This is very sad and annoying. Look at the explanation from the SBS representative, her replies are totally unacceptable. This is too much.
    Why not make is easier, just abolish the stupid "WAB" route rule, and make every bus vehicle capable of carrying a wheelchair to stop whenever they see a wheelchair bound passenger at the bus stop?

It is like saying....

"hah we must buy a 747 to ferry our passengers. and because of buying a 747 we must increase the air fare....."

after buying the planes and increasing the fares, the 747 is put in cold storage.... and when u ask why the reply is

"Hah u see not all airports in the world is equipped to handle to 747, hence it is better we leave it in the hangar!"

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Why not make is easier, just abolish the stupid "WAB" route rule, and make every bus vehicle capable of carrying a wheelchair to stop whenever they see a wheelchair bound passenger at the bus stop?
    The "WAB" should not be in the picture in the first place when SBS bought these series of buses. Wonder who is the smart fellow who come up with this "WAB" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I've taken the single deck wheelchair accessible bus(WAB) and the passenger seating capacity is designed by someone who does not take the bus.

There're too many empty spaces at the front and the back seats floor is too high for old and weak people to go up.
    The step is to stop wheelchairs from going haywire and hit the passengers behind whenever the bus accelerates.......

HS

Stupid. Shows what a terrible organisation it is.

haha, don't know built a new wheel-chair friendly bus for what, might as well install more seats then...this new type of bus feels like a standing-friendly bus instead

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    The "WAB" should not be in the picture in the first place when SBS bought these series of buses. Wonder who is the smart fellow who come up with this "WAB" thing.
    The stupid "wheelchair accessible bus stop" law should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    than there will be people coming in to say,

have u tried the public transport in malaysia? wonder why are u singaporean complaining.
    Tell those people that we should benchmark upwards, not downwards like the government likes to do. It's called false superiority.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by terryansimon View Post
    so if I was an individual on a wheelchair, and I need to take a bus... I'll have to pray that the bus that plies through my frequent routes are wheel chair accessible? so if that's the case, I am suppose to a) go find out where such buses are, and b) if such routes do not occur within my destination intended/residence, that I move to somewhere more convenient?

I'm sorry but. that has got to be the biggest pile of horse manure I've heard in a while. try having that as an excuse in any other civilised country and you'll probably be hung drawn and quartered for suggesting that handicapped people are not entitled to equal privileges as able-bodied individuals.

Yes, it is a pile of bovine excrement. The excuse holds no water, is a disgrace and there should be legislation passed to ensure such institutional discrimination is outlawed.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

some months ago, my mom friend went to visit this Changii airport, reached there & my mom friend walking with stick need a wheelchair to move around as the airport is BiG. so look for some "friendly ppl" around try to get a wheelchair & got a surprise reply... " are going to Penang? if yes, u can use wheelchair....what the heck is this??? i thought this intl airport well equip facilities...& disable ppl can't even use their wheelchair..even non passenger in the airport are allowed to use the wheelchair facilities at countries like London & Dubai airport....no choice, so my mom friend ride on the "baggage trolley" instead, this they certainly allowed
    MAKE YOUR MAGIC BEHIND THE CAMERA, NOT IN PHOTOSHOP

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    some months ago, my mom friend went to visit this Changii airport, reached there & my mom friend walking with stick need a wheelchair to move around as the airport is BiG. so look for some "friendly ppl" around try to get a wheelchair & got a surprise reply... " are going to Penang? if yes, u can use wheelchair....what the heck is this??? i thought this intl airport well equip facilities...& disable ppl can't even use their wheelchair..even non passenger in the airport are allowed to use the wheelchair facilities at countries like London & Dubai airport....no choice, so my mom friend ride on the "baggage trolley" instead, this they certainly allowed
    what the hell!!

i know, you and your mom not ang moh right?
    Last edited by denniskee; 4th October 2008 at 03:19 AM.

they should deploy the wheelchair friendly buses on the WAB routes then... not all the buses that ply those routes are wheelchair friendly... why use wheelchair friendly buses on non-WAB routes and use non-wheelchair friendly ones on WAB routes?...

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    they should deploy the wheelchair friendly buses on the WAB routes then... not all the buses that ply those routes are wheelchair friendly... why use wheelchair friendly buses on non-WAB routes and use non-wheelchair friendly ones on WAB routes?...
    to give an impression we're an inclusive society, when in fact all they really care about is maximising profits.

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    What i can think of WAB buses can ferry more crowds than those single deck bus cos less seats, so more standing place.

The newer single deck buses can accomodate 2 wheelchair.
    So more seats were taken away...
    WAB thing is just an excuses to reduce the number of seats & making good impression of themselves.
    Sometimes I rather take MRT than bus when thinking that I need to waste time waiting for the bus & having big chances to be standing on all my journey.
    This is just pathetic...
    Last edited by Lingkm82; 4th October 2008 at 07:32 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast