Thread: Need advise on how to improve F1 shots using Nikon D60

Default Need advise on how to improve F1 shots using Nikon D60

Newbie here need advise/help on how to improve F1 shots using Nikon D60, thanks in advance.

couldn't get a clear shot, had to shoot thru the fence
    the shot was taken hand held with Nikon lens 55-200mmVR, i did a pre-manual focus to about in front of the "50m" sign & took the pics.
    can advise on how to improve the shots? should have used a tripod/monopod? 70-300mmVR lens? use teleconverters?
    Last edited by mscw; 2nd October 2008 at 03:19 PM.

Default Re: Need advise on how to improve F1 shots using Nikon D60

It's ok. Most people have to shoot through the fence anyway.

Maybe you shouldn't have pre-focused on the "50" sign. Select an AF point, then half press to track the subject. Can use AF-S or AF-C, since personally I don't see the difference.

Once you pre-focused on the "50" sign, only subjects that are of the same distance will be focused. So obviously any car that appears closer or further to you, than the sign, will be out of focus.
    The best things in life are free.

No point using TC on a 70-300 VR. Image quality will be degraded and you also will be forced to use smaller apertures. Possibly can't focus on your D60.

Don't worry. Until the next F1 in SG TS can have plenty of time to practise. He can start by standing beside the road and shooting taxis buses and cars and motorcycles driving past.

Quote Originally Posted by midicity View Post
    No point using TC on a 70-300 VR. Image quality will be degraded and you also will be forced to use smaller apertures. Possibly can't focus on your D60.
    The answer is fast lens

thanks for advise. looks like need to practice more on moving targets.
    was kinda paiseh @ the F1, i only using D60 with 55-200mm. people beside me using D3 & BIG lens with monopods

no nd shy shy la... i oso gt ppl use 1D Mk III wif L lens.. i only using the cheapese Pentax and a manual focus lens... my pics turned out okay one lor.. its juz practice la...
    Pentax K100D Super