Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony F828

Quote Originally Posted by henavs
    An ancient F707 or a prehistoric F505 can still take good photos, dont they? I guess there are still many ppl around happily using their throw-away items...
    That's because they have not seen the dark side yet.
    I was using my F505 before it got stolen last Dec. Then when I got the D60, the images it produced were wow! A league of a difference. I have since not look back then. My F505 accessories are now just a sad reminder...

Comparing 600mm on DSLR is definitely not a fair comparison...Granted, DSLR can be customized to ur needs provided u got extra dough...

I'm just trying to say its a different class...depends on ur needs, dun just jump into the DSLR wagon...I've seen quite a lot of newbies regret tat they have dump so much money, which at the end gave up their hobby...

And Newman, u definitely can tell me how much u hav spend on ur 10D equipment since u got all the good L lens there...
    You can get the 828 when it's out and start buying all its accessories. Then when a 999 or whatever comes out, tell me that you can still use all the accessories you got for this as well. If newbies have the money to jump onto this wagon and then regret it, I think they just don't know what they want then. Yes, I have spent more than $10K on my DSLR and L lenses, but my lenses and flash can also be used on my EOS 30 and also very likely on another DSLR in future.

The debate is getting nowhere now... LOL

Anyway, Newman, I'm not trying to poke u...We havin a healthy debate here, so no hard feelings "peace"

FYI, I'm not a fan of Pro Digicam nor do I'm a zealot of DSLR...I'm a die-hard film SLR user, hav started to shoot slides with Nikon FM10 & FM2 since 7-8 yrs ago...
    So I'm not supporting Pro digicam nor DSLR...

I'm also not trying to compare between DSLR & Pro Digicam coz they're obviously in different league as I've emphasized above...

I'm just trying to give some ideas to those who still using their Pro Digicam to consider carefully before getting DSLR...
    Bcoz its not as easy as dumping a few grand and ur good to go...U need to have constant upgrading of the lens & accessories to built a solid DSLR system...Not only u need 'passion' for it, it is also very expensive...

I'm making a comment based on my own experience...Lets admit it, I love having new gadget...Who doesnt? I went thru meaningless upgrade from 2mp, 3mp, 4mp, pro digicam up to DZLR then DSLR (D30 only lah)...Now back to film SLR again...

Its purely my opinion only, just take it as a pinch of salt...

Anyway, F828 its a great pro digicam nevertheless...
    Last edited by henavs; 19th August 2003 at 01:31 AM.

Some opinion for those who likes to compare DSLR with Prosumer Digicam such as Kon-Min A1, Sony 828, etc...

If u think Prosumer Digicam is expensive, how much do u expect a DSLR would be? DSLR with fast lenses definitely dun come cheap...

To keep up with Sony 828 fast lens...U'll be looking at 10D + grip + 17-35 f/2.8L + 28-70 f/2.8L + 70-200 f/2.8L...They easily add up to $7K++...Ok, let just say u managed to get all 2nd hand, they are still at least $6k...While most new Pro-Digicam is about $2K++ only...

No doubt DSLR Bokeh & sharpness might be much better than prosumer digicam...But Imagine the hassle of carrying & changin 2 or 3 heavy L glasses, while ur fren is happily snapping away with his 828...No sore back, no missing moment, no regret...

Just my 2c worth...
    Heh heh, I believe what u said above started my argument. No worry, I've not harboured anything bad against u. Definitely, prosumer & DSLR cams are in different leagues. And why would anyone get a SLR with a lens that covers every focal length. The quality just won't be there. If u r seeking the ultimate in image quality, SLR or DSLR is still the way to go, coupled with some good lens. Not any compact or prosumer cam. People go for prosumer cams as they are usually better than compact ones. I'm sure cost is the main issue for most from going into DSLR. Why do u need to constantly upgrade lens & accessories to build a solid DSLR system? Because u can! But u don't have to also. I'm saving for a 24-70mm/f2.8L and that's it. Wow! Talking about expensive. Look at your upgrade path! You must have spent quite a bit also. And no I'm not crazy about getting new gadgets. Just get what I need. Cos when u get something new, the old is as good as useless. DSLR bodies will come & go. Just like SLRs. But the lenses stay for a long while. Prosumers hardly improve on optical quality, just technologically. And why do u still use your FM10 & FM2? Cos even today's prosumers still can't match their optical quality.
    Last edited by Newman; 19th August 2003 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Heh heh, I believe what u said above started my argument. No worry, I've not harboured anything bad against u. Definitely, prosumer & DSLR cams are in different leagues. And why would anyone get a SLR with a lens that covers every focal length. The quality just won't be there. If u r seeking the ultimate in image quality, SLR or DSLR is still the way to go, coupled with some good lens. Not any compact or prosumer cam. People go for prosumer cams as they are usually better than compact ones. I'm sure cost is the main issue for most from going into DSLR. Why do u need to constantly upgrade lens & accessories to build a solid DSLR system? Because u can! But u don't have to also. I'm saving for a 24-70mm/f2.8L and that's it. Wow! Talking about expensive. Look at your upgrade path! You must have spent quite a bit also. And no I'm not crazy about getting new gadgets. Just get what I need. Cos when u get something new, the old is as good as useless. DSLR bodies will come & go. Just like SLRs. But the lenses stay for a long while. Prosumers hardly improve on optical quality, just technologically. And why do u still use your FM10 & FM2? Cos even today's prosumers still can't match their optical quality.

I agree with some of ur view also, each ppl has their own perpective...The debate will be endless if we try to stuff our opinion in each others throats...

Anyway, I've got rid of my Nikon quite a while ago...I was only using a decent lens at that time, but I was happily snapping away for years...
    Tat was b4 I started my digital craze...Coming from a traditional manual SLR, Digicam is something completely new to me, so I've lost quite a bit from upgrading here & there...

shutter lag shutter lag shutter lag.....

that's wat all these digicams are all about, aren't they? press shutter button and wait 1 sec before shutter opens

doesn't matter how many megapixels it has.... or how big the zoom....
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

I agree with some of ur view also, each ppl has their own perpective...The debate will be endless if we try to stuff our opinion in each others throats...

Anyway, I've got rid of my Nikon quite a while ago...I was only using a decent lens at that time, but I was happily snapping away for years...
    Tat was b4 I started my digital craze...Coming from a traditional manual SLR, Digicam is something completely new to me, so I've lost quite a bit from upgrading here & there...
    Actually, I was thinking of getting a Nikon manual SLR for fun also. But it's only a matter of time before all cameras are digital. I've seen like 8 out of 10 pros using digital now. Well, monetary loss always there but it's the pictures that u get which are priceless. Hell, if I'm filthy rich, I'll probably get the 828 just for the heck of it. I really liked my F505. Really simple to use and no fuss. But now image quality is #1 for me.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn
    shutter lag shutter lag shutter lag.....

that's wat all these digicams are all about, aren't they? press shutter button and wait 1 sec before shutter opens

doesn't matter how many megapixels it has.... or how big the zoom....
    yes sony 717 has good shutter lag but it can't beat a dSLR..

but then again, time lag tests on imaging-resource.com shows that the 10D barely beat the 717..

i think the ultimate in fast shutter still goes out to the 1D and 1Ds.. and maybe the upcoming 1Dv/1Dx/1Dwhatever-letter-it's-gonna-be

Default Flash for the 828

Does anybody know which external flash can be fitted on the 828??
    Can the Nikon SB80DX be on it? What about the 717??

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by willyfoo
    Does anybody know which external flash can be fitted on the 828??
    Can the Nikon SB80DX be on it? What about the 717??
    Physically I think any flash (except the Minolta Dynax flash) will fit.
    Whether it can be used (most probably) and whether advance function are available is the question.

Thumbs up

This is Super. I have F717. I will wait for this to get in a Hand. Than F717 sell away low price about 1K. 8pix is super all time. All digital camera had battery problem of out of power. But SONY is the best support battery all time. In F717, 1 battery of NP-FM50 can used up to a day. No problem at all. Same as the F828. Same battery as NP-FM50. 3

the ISO X mount lor... if it can fire with one pin it'll work...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

I'm very temped to buy this cam when it first announced, but not anymore after canon annouced the 300D Digital SLR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Chai
    I'm very temped to buy this cam when it first announced, but not anymore after canon annouced the 300D Digital SLR.
    i'd still rather get the 10D.

i'm pretty tired of having to focus everytime i want to take a shot.

10D has the AI servo AF which is something like continuous AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Like the beefy hand grip and the black rubberised body. But the biggest selling points to me are the CZ T* lens, the RAW mode as well as the CFII compatibility, and the buttons layout. Kudos to Sony. Will most probably get it.

Time to save up.
    Come to think about it, I may not get this cam after all, cause I shoot only when I travel nowadays. It's just that the special passion for photography can only be ignited when I visit an alien place.

Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    i'd still rather get the 10D.

i'm pretty tired of having to focus everytime i want to take a shot.

10D has the AI servo AF which is something like continuous AF.
    What you paid is what you get. Also what appealed to me is the weight & size of 300D compare to 10D.

Default hey

Hi you guys...please stop all the debate.

Imagine discussing Canon in a Sony Thread...no respect leh.

Let's discuss Canon back at home lah.....Canon doesn't mean better than anyone else you know??

I came here trying to say that F828 is a great cam at that price and MP.

And I see all this....

I'm just trying to be fair to the Sony users here...they've got a great cam coming up!

was validating an old EOS 500 today for writeoff... it's still faster than most new digicams I've used. LOL
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Thumbs up

Hi all,

I just received information this morning that the 828 will be selling for S$1800 when it arrives at out shore late this year/early next year.

Default Very Ex

Quote Originally Posted by mechafetish
    Hi all,

I just received information this morning that the 828 will be selling for S$1800 when it arrives at out shore late this year/early next year.
    That's very expensive. Considering 8MP is too high resolution for many people...One wonders why Sony comes out with a digicam at 8MP...

Die lah...at this price...it will be really be squeezed out by Canon's 300D...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernLights
    That's very expensive. Considering 8MP is too high resolution for many people...One wonders why Sony comes out with a digicam at 8MP...:
    Never say too early... years ago I posted on a Singapore ONE forum about my new Coolpix 950 being 2 Megapixels and gave great quality shots... someone from the old National Computer Board responded "Who needs anything more than 640*480, unless its used to fill his ego"...
    I just kept quiet... and thought to myself... 'you just watch'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast