Thread: Hidden surprise in Microsoft Hari Raya card

Smile Hidden surprise in Microsoft Hari Raya card

So this year, I am responsible for the photography and design of the mosque silhouette and full moon composite picture used in Microsoft Brunei’s 2008 Hari Raya Aidilfitri cards. I took this photograph one evening from the vantage point of the park across from the mosque where skateboarding was the main attraction. It never occurred to me nor had I noticed the detail that someone was praying at the time. Take a look at the photography below and pay attention to the lower left corner and you shall be enlightened. I discovered this a week after I had finalised the art work with Microsoft and what I originally thought was an artifact turned out to be ART!

Source: http://shimworld.wordpress.com/2008/...greeting-card/

Jan Shim Photography

Jan Shim Photography

Note the man praying in the lower left hand corner of the photo below.

Jan Shim Photography
    Last edited by janshim; 30th September 2008 at 05:10 PM.
    JAN SHIM PHOTOGRAPHY
    www.shimworld.com

Default Re: Hidden surprise in Microsoft Hari Raya card

It kinda looks like he's searching for a contact lens. I thought that the prayer posture was a little lower than that. But an egg is an egg. Nice one!

think he's between movements...

had you not pointed the man, i would never notice.

and that posture makes him look like he is doing pushups. hehe :P
    i always believe that the Sujud, prostration is the quintessential position in the Muslim prayers while lifting your hands to recite a doa' is also a meaningful pose for photographing the faith.

but since its unplanned, its okay i don't quite get the easter eggs part tho. the card itself is pretty sleek
    Last edited by velasco; 8th October 2008 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries

since you edge the mosque to get the selection for the glow, you must have seen the man right?
    especially when there is the hole for his arm
    the man even has a detailed neck
    Last edited by ortega; 8th October 2008 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    had you not pointed the man, i would never notice.
    but since its unplanned, its okay i don't quite get the easter eggs part tho. the card itself is pretty sleek
    Thanks! This link should help explain what Easter Eggs mean. The relevance and keyword here is "Microsoft"
    JAN SHIM PHOTOGRAPHY
    www.shimworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    since you edge the mosque to get the selection for the glow, you must have seen the man right? especially when there is the hole for his arm the man even has a detailed neck
    The finished composite that was submitted to Microsoft was by and large "rough" but good enough for print The edging wasn't difficult and therefore hadn't required a detailed or zoomed-in selection process to produce the overall result. It was only when I had a closer look when cleaning the artifacts that had been left behind that I noticed what appears to be a human silhouette. The "detailed neck" became obvious after meticulous removal of unsightly scattered pixels.
    JAN SHIM PHOTOGRAPHY
    www.shimworld.com