Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Mars with your naked eyes NOW!

  1. #1

    Default Mars with your naked eyes NOW!

    see Mars with your own eyes now! it's at the 4 o'clock position to the moon! go now.. or else u may miss it!

    those with TCs! i'm counting on u to take some incredible photos!!

  2. #2

    Default

    thanks to my pal, Sober, who whipped out his Sony DSC-P9 immediately and got this shot..



    Last edited by Linkster; 14th August 2003 at 01:10 AM.

  3. #3
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linkster
    see Mars with your own eyes now! it's at the 4 o'clock position to the moon! go now.. or else u may miss it!

    those with TCs! i'm counting on u to take some incredible photos!!
    I saw it! I saw it! but too lazy to take out the camera, lenses, TCs, tripod and whatnot ... just commit to main memory enuff

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    I saw it! I saw it! but too lazy to take out the camera, lenses, TCs, tripod and whatnot ... just commit to main memory enuff

    i also saw it, lazy to cool down my slide.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    i need some hands to help carry the telescope + camera + laptop + tripod up the roof top
    Last edited by Wai; 14th August 2003 at 12:11 AM.

  6. #6

    Default

    yeah , saw it too ! ... tat was cOolz ... will there be another time?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    yeah , saw it too ! ... tat was cOolz ... will there be another time?
    i think it's supposed to be visible throughout Aug.. with 27 Aug being the nearest Mars is going to get to Earth..

  8. #8

    Default

    Hi, just to share my pics of the like:

    Picture 1

    Picture 2

    Picture 3

    Enjoy!

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    yeah , saw it too ! ... tat was cOolz ... will there be another time?
    yup abt 70 years later

    this month is the closes to earth tat y all can see it by naked eye.

    today it will b the closest to moon so those who has long long zoom... kekek go go go take some shots.

  11. #11

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Default

    Also saw it...no gear..

    Strangely, I thought it was something hovering around the moon (watched too many vampire flicks ) coz it was sorta moving..

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgoh
    yup abt 70 years later

    this month is the closes to earth tat y all can see it by naked eye.

    today it will b the closest to moon so those who has long long zoom... kekek go go go take some shots.
    wah gd gd gd ... 70 yrs later ... hope can celeb my 90th birthday by watching the MArs ...

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    yeah , saw it too ! ... tat was cOolz ... will there be another time?
    dun worry, Mars will always be visible to the naked eye, its especially bright this time round cos of its proximity.

    other planets such as Jupiter, Saturn and Venus are also visible to the naked eye, if u know where to look. jupiter is usually the brightest "star" on a clear night. remember: stars twinkle, planets don't.

  16. #16

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by gnail
    dun worry, Mars will always be visible to the naked eye, its especially bright this time round cos of its proximity.

    other planets such as Jupiter, Saturn and Venus are also visible to the naked eye, if u know where to look. jupiter is usually the brightest "star" on a clear night. remember: stars twinkle, planets don't.

    ermm.. ok.. then what's the bright light which i have taken off at changi?
    is that planet venus?


  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hengbok
    ermm.. ok.. then what's the bright light which i have taken off at changi?
    is that planet venus?
    can't tell from e pic.
    but if u ask me to take a guess: Jupiter or Venus.

  18. #18
    Deregistered tweakmax2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    198

    Default


  19. #19

    Default

    cool.....just went out to see....very bright indeed.

  20. #20
    pixelx
    Guests

    Default




Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •