Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fernando Alonso Win 2008 F1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix

Default Re: Fernando Alonso Win 2008 F1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    from the TV images, someone from the crew appeared to be hurt after being whacked by the trailing pipe. hope the fella is ok...
    lol....tts y they get paid damn well....all in a nites work...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Sky View Post
    Thanks alot for the explantion.
    What confuse me is that when the safety car comes out, why Massa is not behind it, since he is the leading car.
    A very eventful night.

Congrat to the Winners.
    heheh well ifyou recall earlier on the TV commentatary and when their interview some of them and I thin some people here also mentioned it... they hopping for RAIN or for Safety car. This because their favorite team is not in the front heheh they were behind far back. SO things like Rain or a safety car situation can change the whole thing with the race. F1 races is very organic...you have to keep changing your plan as you race not just the driver but in the pit too where there have enigeering tell you if you can push your car as the engine can handle it or to hold back in case the engine is about to fail or over heating..etc, theyalso have a tactician who is working out to tell the driver what to do...to come in to fuel now or later or whatever... and there is also other people who work in real time to support this two main group...all these as the driver is trying to win the race and avoid hitting or being hit by other cars...

That is why there are some of us who love this F1 thingys...alot of variables. Like me I am not a big fan of the driver but i am of the team and how they work together to make the win happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Yah, what I meant was subsequent pit stops for Massa, whose nozzle they used then? haha..
    hahah OIC..I guess it will be Kimi's heheheh... or a spare noxxle they can fix to the fuel pump system I guess..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    sh1tty way to earn my dough....

problem with too much electronics... ah well, hope ferrari gets their act together in time for japan.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    Actually not so true... alot of them are doing it out of passion for the sport. There is a lot of pride involve here and to be selected to be part of those team is an honor that is more important then anything else. The same people you see doing those car change at the pit, after that, they are the same people who also do the repacking and getting on with the truck to go set up at the next country.
    Last edited by sammy888; 28th September 2008 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    heheh well ifyou recall earlier on the TV commentatary and when their interview some of them and I thin some people here also mentioned it... they hopping for RAIN or for Safety car. This because their favorite team is not in the front heheh they were behind far back. SO things like Rain or a safety car situation can change the whole thing with the race. F1 races is very organic...you have to keep changing your plan as you race not just the driver but in the pit too where there have enigeering tell you if you can push your car as the engine can handle it or to hold back in case the engine is about to fail or over heating..etc, theyalso have a tactician who is working out to tell the driver what to do...to come in to fuel now or later or whatever... and there is also other people who work in real time to support this two main group...all these as the driver is trying to win the race and avoid hitting or being hit by other cars...

That is why there are some of us who love this F1 thingys...alot of variables. Like me I am not a big fan of the driver but i am of the team and how they work together to make the win happen.
    Yes.. Very interesting race.

I just hope Massa can push Hamilton all the way to the end of the season, he was already quite suay when his car died in Hungary just 3 laps before the end. He deserves a change in luck..

sh1tty way to earn my dough....

problem with too much electronics... ah well, hope ferrari gets their act together in time for japan.

hope the guy is ok....

3 more races...exciting...

maybe shd call shumme back from retirement

Actually not so true... alot of them are doing it out of passion for the sport. There is a lot of pride involve here and to be selected to be part of those team is an honor that is more important then anything else. The same people you see doing those car change at the pit, after that, they are the same people who also do the repacking and getting on with the truck to go set up at the next country.
    If what you say is correct then there is quite a bit of exploitation going on. Big bosses collect millions while the guy risking his life/limb at the pits well...gets the pits. But I guess thats a consistent theme in life.

Arrow Re: Fernando Alonso Win 2008 F1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix

Ferrari could use lollipop for rest of season Sunday, 28 September 2008

Sep.28 (GMM) Felipe Massa has admitted that abandoning Ferrari's unique 'traffic lights' pitstop solution is an option, following yet another blunder in Singapore on Sunday. The latest mistake could cost the Brazilian the world championship, after he fell 7 points behind McLaren's title leader Lewis Hamilton by failing to score at F1's first night race.

Massa pulled away from a pitstop too early, ripping the refuelling hose from the rig, knocking over a mechanic, and incurring a penalty for driving into the path of another car.

"It was not a technical failure, but a human one, so the same thing can happen with any system," the 27-year-old told reporters when asked if Sunday's incident might finally compel Ferrari to abandon the 'traffic lights' system.

"Of course we could return to using a lollipop, but today's problem was not about this," Massa added, explaining that because a mechanic pressed a button too soon, the green light on the driver gantry simply came on too soon.

"These things happen," he continued. "We are all human and we can all make mistakes."

Team boss Stefano Domenicali confirmed: "It was Felipe himself who went to console the mechanic who made the mistake."

GT5 come out, i think i want sammy to be in my team... u can sit beside me when i drive the F1 car or be my navigator in the rally games.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post

Sep.28 (GMM) Felipe Massa has admitted that abandoning Ferrari's unique 'traffic lights' pitstop solution is an option, following yet another blunder in Singapore on Sunday. The latest mistake could cost the Brazilian the world championship, after he fell 7 points behind McLaren's title leader Lewis Hamilton by failing to score at F1's first night race.

Massa pulled away from a pitstop too early, ripping the refuelling hose from the rig, knocking over a mechanic, and incurring a penalty for driving into the path of another car.

"It was not a technical failure, but a human one, so the same thing can happen with any system," the 27-year-old told reporters when asked if Sunday's incident might finally compel Ferrari to abandon the 'traffic lights' system.

"Of course we could return to using a lollipop, but today's problem was not about this," Massa added, explaining that because a mechanic pressed a button too soon, the green light on the driver gantry simply came on too soon.

"These things happen," he continued. "We are all human and we can all make mistakes."

Team boss Stefano Domenicali confirmed: "It was Felipe himself who went to console the mechanic who made the mistake."

that mechanic must be having a really hard time now

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post

for Massa. F1 is not just the driver only, is team work, and Massa know very very well he need a team and everyone in a team to win not just him.
    Canon 5D II, 20-35 f/2.8L, 28-80 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/4L IS, 100-300 f/5.6L, 100 f/2.8 Macro

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
    If what you say is correct then there is quite a bit of exploitation going on. Big bosses collect millions while the guy risking his life/limb at the pits well...gets the pits. But I guess thats a consistent theme in life.
    Supply and demand. And well...that is the way life goes. If you like something enough wouldn't you be willing to take more nonsense or get compensated less if this is what you wanted to do? heh If someone employ you to be asst photographer in their studio for $500 you would say...no way but if this studio shoots for nude models projects only...you might say YES to the job heheheheh.... In every sport or work there are always the die-hard fans and well maybe they do get exploited in a way...but that's life. Most of them seem happy from what I watch or read in documentaries and past interviews. Hell if I got a chance I would not mind doing it for a year or so..for the thrill and exprience and to be a part of history in the sport.

congrats to alonso... and can someone please sack the entire Ferrari Pit Crew for that incredible snafu??!!
    Mmm,will inform Michelle Yeoh to pass down the msg to the team...

A bit hard to explain to you everything but if you check out the F1 sites you will get a better understanding how alot of factors ( predicted or unexpected) are part of "strategies" toward wining. Safety car is good for you if you are not the leading cars....great if you are in the last portions part of the race group. When a saefy car comes out..everyone has to bunch up behind it...so all that long lead you might have as the lead care or second or third...right up to the last car...all of a sudden you have all catch up with each other. And with a safety car...that means you can get behind yoru front car but not overtake...so all of a sudden every car is like back to back till the safety cars goes off to let the race continue at "normal" speed again.. That is why this can be a strategy in itself too.... Of course there are more to it.... like using this time to refuel or something... so it gets complicated to explain it all... check out the F1.com site and follow a few more races you will get a better idea of how F1 works.
    Eh...

The 2 drivers who went into the pit stop after the safety car came out was penalised. You're not allowed to go into the PIT when the safety car is out.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPine View Post
    It is confirm, Fernando Alonso Win 2008 F1 Singtel Singapore Grand Prix.
    YES HE FINALLY WON...The SP odds for alonso & his team to win was high,believe in him so predicted right..Any Alonso supporters here??He's so lucky.He was speaking to media that if you are not in the top 5 starting grip,then it's very hard to get championship points.Nelson JR & Safety car play a very big part in all the changes.On the other hand,felt pity for the "Finish" race ending at TURN 10 he missed it.One and only Ferrari to get some points,in the end everything turn out all wrong for the ferrari team..
    拍照重要的不是尺度,而是照片帶給大家的感覺.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KuroSaGi View Post
    Mmm,will inform Michelle Yeoh to pass down the msg to the team...
    dun even start... i might start swearing in hokkien again...

my mclahlen (yup... dats how the women in my workplace pronounce it) supporting colleagues are already gloating this morning...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

dun even start... i might start swearing in hokkien again...

my mclahlen (yup... dats how the women in my workplace pronounce it) supporting colleagues are already gloating this morning...
    Not dare to,you are the boss Moderator here wait you banned me,how...Sound like you are a Ferrari fans too... Ham-Min-Tan,this is what Tnp report yesterday...
    拍照重要的不是尺度,而是照片帶給大家的感覺.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast