Thread: Software for compressing photo

Default Software for compressing photo

Hi all expert out there, need some help.

recently i find my photo size is rather big, (4MB per photo)... i want to lower the size so tat its easier to send... but i dun wan to reduce the size of the photo nor the quality... is there any program tat can do tat other than rar and zip???

thanks for ur time... =)

Default Re: Software for compressing photo

in typically any software, save as jpg and usually will ask how much compression or quality you want. try out with higher compression or lower quality and see how big your file end up.

u can use irfanview to do this for free. i use capture NX

oh yea... i think i forgot to say... any software tat compress photo by batch than 1by1... much faster

thanks ah guan... any other software to recommend ppl????

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    Hi all expert out there, need some help.

recently i find my photo size is rather big, (4MB per photo)... i want to lower the size so tat its easier to send... but i dun wan to reduce the size of the photo nor the quality... is there any program tat can do tat other than rar and zip???

thanks for ur time... =)

why don't you just..

resize it and make it smaller in terms of pixels..?

i know irfanview, ps elements and NX can do batch

no software can reduce the file size without scarified the images size and quality.

why don't

put all in a folder,
    zip it,
    yousendit!

or

burn in a CD,
    put in a envelop,
    mail it
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

haha ok... thanks for all the help with the reply really appreciate...

1st of all, when i usually take photo i seldom send to people... usually take 100+ shots at minimum and will be at home sorting out the good and not so good, and maybe photoshop abit...

just happen tat i was at my class outing and took quite a number of photograph which i did not change or lower its setting, thus all the file came out rather big... and even with tat, i upload it to facebook without any problem... i like facebook... uploading big file is not problem, just tat they will resize the image for u... and some of my friend wanted the original file... so i have to send them 350MB+ (after zipping) of photo and video to them... sending by CD or thumbdrive is a good idea but i won't be seeing them often thus they will prefer i send by msn msg or mail... and resizing 1 by 1 is really "phew".... time consuming

i understand tat compressing the file will definitely lower the quality or pixel... but i wanted something tat won't affect too much...

anyway i have tried irfanview, not bad a program i will only use it for compressing photo... and the program is just 1.4MB.. quite small... like a floopy disk

haha... thanks everyone again for the help

just happen tat i was at my class outing and took quite a number of photograph which i did not change or lower its setting, thus all the file came out rather big... and even with tat, i upload it to facebook without any problem... i like facebook... uploading big file is not problem, just tat they will resize the image for u... and some of my friend wanted the original file... so i have to send them 350MB+ (after zipping) of photo and video to them... sending by CD or thumbdrive is a good idea but i won't be seeing them often thus they will prefer i send by msn msg or mail... and resizing 1 by 1 is really "phew".... time consuming
    ohhhh.

why don't you just dump everything into one ZIP file

upload it ONCE to yousendit.com like uncle catchlights has suggested..

and just give them the link and tell them to dl within 7 days. if they don't their pasar.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ohhhh.

why don't you just dump everything into one ZIP file

upload it ONCE to yousendit.com like uncle catchlights has suggested..

and just give them the link and tell them to dl within 7 days. if they don't their pasar.
    actually yes... at first i use tat website to upload and give them the link... but someone requested sending through msn and she dun wan to download from website as her connection quite screw up... so i end up sending 1 by 1 to her... while sending i started this topic.. and ah guan save me... haha... i use the program... and its done...

anyway, having this photo resizing software is useful, as i'm so sort of photography committee in my cca... there is very high chance i gonna do something like this again... so the software sort of help me next time... it help decrease file size and thus my upload time will be shorter and my cca member download time will also be shorter...

actually yes... at first i use tat website to upload and give them the link... but someone requested sending through msn and she dun wan to download from website as her connection quite screw up... so i end up sending 1 by 1 to her... while sending i started this topic.. and ah guan save me... haha... i use the program... and its done...

anyway, having this photo resizing software is useful, as i'm so sort of photography committee in my cca... there is very high chance i gonna do something like this again... so the software sort of help me next time... it help decrease file size and thus my upload time will be shorter and my cca member download time will also be shorter...
    hi skyguy,
    i use faststone photo resizer for couple yrs now, it's easy and useful. can do batch resize, rename, cropping, text, watermark etc...really powerful and it's free. can get from download.com. hope it's useful

Photoshop batch tools. Otherwise, if your friend is too lazy, you dont have to waste your own time by sending them all one by one. Just tell them to copy and save frm facebook lor.

I use photoshop to resize them all at once , then zip and upload to my webspace for download.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

how to like resize all the pictures at one shot? or must 1 by 1 reisze? btw i'm using irfanview. please help

Quote Originally Posted by Abuddlah View Post
    how to like resize all the pictures at one shot? or must 1 by 1 reisze? btw i'm using irfanview. please help

under the File put down manual

select batch conversion

click on the batch conversion radio button,
    tick on the advanced options box,
    click on the button,

key in all the setting you want to apply on the images

click ok to exist setting,

locate and select the images you want work on..

hit start and go for coffee.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

hey! thanks man! help me quite a bit