Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walao Orient Photo

Talking walao Orient Photo

lol had read abt some pentax buyer recently at OP SLS... but never thought it would be this bad.
    me: do you sell oly lenses?
    guy: yes
    me: how much is the 70 300 ?
    guy: I don't know
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Default Re: walao Orient Photo

Hahaha like that also can???
    E510, E3,E5, EP1,EP3 & OMD EM5

Quote Originally Posted by denizenx View Post
    lol had read abt some pentax buyer recently at OP SLS... but never thought it would be this bad.
    me: do you sell oly lenses?
    guy: yes
    me: how much is the 70 300 ?
    guy: I don't know
    Your question is too general. They do sell Oly lenses but may not have the entire range. If you had asked 'Do you sell Zuiko Digital 70-300mm?' and he replied that way, then it's strange. Otherwise...

He dunno wat are you asking is it? You spoke chinese to him?

Note : Maybe we should not "shop-bash" in this section of the forums . I believe OP does bring in Oly stuff at one of the lowest prices in town. And I spoken to quite a number of their customers and it seems like they are really good at what they do. We sometimes catch them in a bad mood/timing (like some of you sometimes catch me in! ) so... you know... don't lah... ok?

lol I believe both shopkeepers are mainland Chinese. but i used normal english la.
    he wasn't in a bad mood though i must say both quite bochap. he seemed ready to engage in the mono answer game so I left then.
    Last edited by denizenx; 28th September 2008 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denizenx View Post
    lol I believe both shopkeepers are mainland Chinese. but i used normal english la.
    he wasn't in a bad mood though i must say both quite bochap. he seemed ready to engage in the mono answer game so I left then.
    Fact : They are Shanghainese, therefore naturally they are a little stuck up.

there are 2 males, both of them are very nice, but one of them tends to be more curt.

just talk to him, smile, he will respond nicely, from my experience.. everyone deserves a second chance, and op definitely is one of the better shops out there.

it is a good shop, i always buy thins from there as it is much cheaper than other places. Definitedly

Went there twice to get stuff. Received pretty good service. What 4/3 lenses do they sell?

I buy from the saleslady there. Always get good service.

Quote Originally Posted by dorts View Post
    Went there twice to get stuff. Received pretty good service. What 4/3 lenses do they sell?
    "I dunno" never got to find out.

well whatever lah. I'll try the other shops like mscolor. I'll pay $50 diff for responsive service

full of kopitiam flavor... thread moved.

I have heard of plenty stories about them in CS. However, without bias, I shop there for primes and accessories and I feel their goods are ok and so are their pricing. If their prices are good, condition of equipment is good, i pay and then i say thank you. If not good or they say dont know, I thank them and hang up the phone.

I dont care about warranty as I expect the equipment to perform when I need them to. Any problem, i will send back to local agent and if agent reject, i send to the shop which had the piece for grey market.

As to why they dont have prices right there on the spot is because they have to convert from RMB to SG for equipment they do not have locally. They have to check selling price via the PC based video conference. Just in case some people do not know why it can take some time to check pricing is because OP is not the big brand photo shop like those in Peninsular stretch (who used to made a decent living with high prices and happy faces). Their price offer has to be way below recommended price and they try to remain competitive after tabulating exchange, cost of goods, shipping cost, gst and a profit. Sometimes they are cheaper, sometimes they are more costly.

I do pricing on my own products and it is not usually an easy thing to do. Giving ridiculous discounts cuts profits and it becomes hard to steer price back to up margin when other fix costs continue to rise.

As for miscommunications, i think we have to remember the OP bunch are not from Singapore. They are still learning our lingo! Singaporeans can get rude ok and I have seen it many times locally and overseas as well. So, what we read or hear may sometimes have two sides of the same coin.

Sometimes, i see customers sitting there for 5 hours, haggling the price and then ask for this that without buying a thing, hoping the boss would drop the pants for him. I just find it funny.

Disclaimer:
    I am not part of OP nor am i their partner or advertising agent.
    Last edited by contaxable; 28th September 2008 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    I never got that impression when i shopped there. Best service i got from camera stores in Sg are them and John 3:16
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

So Shanghainese have the rights to be stuck up ??
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    So Shanghainese have the rights to be stuck up ??
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

so long as you make the 1st move to ask questions or else they will just think that you are window-shopping only.
    sometimes they only answer whatever you ask, unless you probe deeper then they will be willing to tell more.
    preferred them over alan photo in SLS.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 29th September 2008 at 01:09 AM.

I dunno man ... considering they only have 3 staff there...and take into consideration the hundreds or inquiries they might have day in day out ... man, if I were in their position, I might just go ''HUH!!???!?!?!?!" from time to time.

Everyone's HUMAN. Give them a break.

Where did you get your facts from? I know quite a number of Shanghainese and they are the most friendly people I know. Please don't generalise and stereo-type people. You are a moderator. Members expect better from you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast