Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 1010

Thread: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

  1. #461

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Hi all, Clunk will find this interesting!

    I used a reverse macro technique to take the shots below. Works like a microscope. It should work a lot better than the Raynox, if you can set it up with the FZ18. Probably need a cheap manual dSLR lens. or a 50mm F1.8 (what I used.)

    The setup was handheld, and shutter speed was kind of draggy... so the image quality isn't dead sharp. I tried my best. I need to get the macro coupling ring, hah.


    Some ugly hair sticking out from my toe... haha, could NEARLY see the texture, shall use a proper set up and try again next time.

    By the way, the above aren't crops! They're just resized for upload. =)

    Should be do-able for FZ18... you'll need two step rings, 10 bux each, and a 50mm F1.8 lens, which costs maybe 70 (old) - 110(Brand new)?

    Just that these techniques have to be done with manual focus, and it can get a little tricky with the FZ18 in manual. I had a hard time myself, took 30 minutes to set up the above. (and its not at its maximum magnification yet, just that I got fed-up trying to focus.)
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  2. #462

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    When I first got my Raynox DCR250, my test pic is my leg hair and skin.

    WARNING: Graphic is a little gross. so dun puke at the monitor. lols

    1) focusing


    2) near my knee


    3) my leg skin! ewww. no wonder they said beauty is skin deep.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  3. #463

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Hi all, Clunk will find this interesting!

    I used a reverse macro technique to take the shots below. Works like a microscope. It should work a lot better than the Raynox, if you can set it up with the FZ18. Probably need a cheap manual dSLR lens. or a 50mm F1.8 (what I used.)

    The setup was handheld, and shutter speed was kind of draggy... so the image quality isn't dead sharp. I tried my best. I need to get the macro coupling ring, hah.


    Some ugly hair sticking out from my toe... haha, could NEARLY see the texture, shall use a proper set up and try again next time.

    By the way, the above aren't crops! They're just resized for upload. =)

    Should be do-able for FZ18... you'll need two step rings, 10 bux each, and a 50mm F1.8 lens, which costs maybe 70 (old) - 110(Brand new)?

    Just that these techniques have to be done with manual focus, and it can get a little tricky with the FZ18 in manual. I had a hard time myself, took 30 minutes to set up the above. (and its not at its maximum magnification yet, just that I got fed-up trying to focus.)
    the 1st one is pretty good. I didnt know it was a coin at first. I thought u went to fossil museum. :P. my eyes is killing me. lols.

    I agree with manual focusing. its pretty hard with fz18.

    anyways, where do you get the 50mm lens?
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  4. #464

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    the 1st one is pretty good. I didnt know it was a coin at first. I thought u went to fossil museum. :P. my eyes is killing me. lols.

    I agree with manual focusing. its pretty hard with fz18.

    anyways, where do you get the 50mm lens?
    Woah your hair pictures are sure well magnified... I must push the limits next time, but my depth of field is so thin compared to yours though. Wonder if your hair is super thick or something, *skeptical that Raynox works better than a reverse macro* haha.

    Where do I get the 50mm? Its a 50mm F1.8, basic lens for dSLR? Thought you'd know since you have experience with SLRs. Haha. Or if you meant where I bought it, MS Color.

    Not sure if I wanna buy the reverse mount ring... $11, but don't feel like spending money anymore... Haha. (RESIST BBB!) Or lets just call it RRR.

    I wanna sell my wide angle though, anyone you know who will be interested in a 20mm F1.8? =X Maybe yourself even? ^^

    Anyway my first pic got lucky lol. Straight out of cam picture, and I wasn't even planning for the vignette and color.

    Anyone bringing Raynox on that day? I wanna try it with my 250mm lens ^^ should be a real killer.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  5. #465

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Anyway my first pic got lucky lol. Straight out of cam picture, and I wasn't even planning for the vignette and color.

    Anyone bringing Raynox on that day? I wanna try it with my 250mm lens ^^ should be a real killer.
    yea i will be bringing raynox 250

  6. #466

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    Woah your hair pictures are sure well magnified... I must push the limits next time, but my depth of field is so thin compared to yours though. Wonder if your hair is super thick or something, *skeptical that Raynox works better than a reverse macro* haha.

    Where do I get the 50mm? Its a 50mm F1.8, basic lens for dSLR? Thought you'd know since you have experience with SLRs. Haha. Or if you meant where I bought it, MS Color.

    Not sure if I wanna buy the reverse mount ring... $11, but don't feel like spending money anymore... Haha. (RESIST BBB!) Or lets just call it RRR.

    I wanna sell my wide angle though, anyone you know who will be interested in a 20mm F1.8? =X Maybe yourself even? ^^

    Anyway my first pic got lucky lol. Straight out of cam picture, and I wasn't even planning for the vignette and color.

    Anyone bringing Raynox on that day? I wanna try it with my 250mm lens ^^ should be a real killer.
    I'm still a newbie in DSLR world man... thats why lah I ask noobie question. lols.

    Nah, its alright I skip the wide angel lens. (^__^)
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  7. #467
    Member Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Darwin Australia
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Juat woke up and came here to check what everyone has been up to, and find a bunch of SICK PUPPIES taking pictures of their body parts, yuck, yuck ,yuck

    Actually pics are quite interesting, I would also like to try DCR250, as I am thinking of getting one. Hey, then I can take some photos of my body parts and really gross you out! How can you take pictures while standing over a mirror?
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

  8. #468

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Woe to the girls suffering in silence!

  9. #469

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by coolzephyr View Post
    Woe to the girls suffering in silence!
    Aww! Hush hush...
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  10. #470
    Member Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Darwin Australia
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Just before I left for work this morning this little fella ran across the wall near the pc, managed to get 1 or two snaps off before he dissappeared behind bookshelf. Hope wife does not spot him.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

  11. #471

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    whoa! what a brat! will your wife squeal if she sees it? sometimes i wish i was quick enough to take out my camera and snap interesting shots.. but i usually take out the battery and store it in its casing cos i heard that i shouldnt put the battery in the camera for too long a period of time.. what do u guys think?

  12. #472

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    Just before I left for work this morning this little fella ran across the wall near the pc, managed to get 1 or two snaps off before he dissappeared behind bookshelf. Hope wife does not spot him.
    hee...heeuu......HUGE!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by coolzephyr View Post
    whoa! what a brat! will your wife squeal if she sees it? sometimes i wish i was quick enough to take out my camera and snap interesting shots.. but i usually take out the battery and store it in its casing cos i heard that i shouldnt put the battery in the camera for too long a period of time.. what do u guys think?
    good practice. But sometimes I just get too lazy... However ever since I got a dry cabinet and a CF card reader, I tend to do it. While the files are copying, just pull out the battery and store, when you're back, its done =)

    I think its more important for 3rd party battery users though.

    I ordered a 3rd party battery grip.. next time I gotta dismount a battery grip everytime I store =(

    Last time when I had FZ, I tend to take out the battery to cool between shots... If I'm shooting continuously for like 2 hours, I usually take out and leave the doors open at appropriate interval... the compartment tends to heat up quite fast.

    Anyways, learn to load the battery quickly! Haha.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  13. #473

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by coolzephyr View Post
    whoa! what a brat! will your wife squeal if she sees it? sometimes i wish i was quick enough to take out my camera and snap interesting shots.. but i usually take out the battery and store it in its casing cos i heard that i shouldnt put the battery in the camera for too long a period of time.. what do u guys think?
    i only take it out when i am keeping the camera... when i bring my cam out (which is not very often) the batt will be inside and with a spare batt

  14. #474
    Member Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Darwin Australia
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    The common name for him is a "Huntsman" spider. This time of year they turn up indoors to get away from rain. They are quite harmless, I like them cuz they catch other nasties and mozzies. We also have a "Mouse spider" that is larger again.
    We have a "Blue tongue lizard that lives unde the tool cabinet in our backyard, Amy is quite terrified about going outside. The Blue Tongue is quite harmless and very hard to creep up on to get a pic, they are good to have around cuz they keep the snakes away.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

  15. #475

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    The common name for him is a "Huntsman" spider. This time of year they turn up indoors to get away from rain. They are quite harmless, I like them cuz they catch other nasties and mozzies. We also have a "Mouse spider" that is larger again.
    We have a "Blue tongue lizard that lives unde the tool cabinet in our backyard, Amy is quite terrified about going outside. The Blue Tongue is quite harmless and very hard to creep up on to get a pic, they are good to have around cuz they keep the snakes away.
    if you go to Pasir Ris park, u can see this Huntsman at night. if u guys wanna do Night Macro la. They live under the wooden walkway. They are BIG...seriously. My body cant stop squirming everytime I wanna take its pic. lols.

    Your place pretty cool to have all of this species living under 1 place. Its good to have them in the house as they tend to ward off many things that can harm us as long as they never harm us either.

    I wish my house is like that but i'm the type that Throw thing at it first then see what species it is. so its like Too late. lol!
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  16. #476

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Btw guys, about the outing. I got a BAD feeling that I cant make it since my work schedule still unconfirm.

    We got 2 more weeks so I try to make excuse if I can "Cabut" on that day from Work. heh heh.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

  17. #477

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    The common name for him is a "Huntsman" spider. This time of year they turn up indoors to get away from rain. They are quite harmless, I like them cuz they catch other nasties and mozzies. We also have a "Mouse spider" that is larger again.
    We have a "Blue tongue lizard that lives unde the tool cabinet in our backyard, Amy is quite terrified about going outside. The Blue Tongue is quite harmless and very hard to creep up on to get a pic, they are good to have around cuz they keep the snakes away.
    Clunk is a true naturalist indeed. I'd never have thought of that; different environment perhaps.


    Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    if you go to Pasir Ris park, u can see this Huntsman at night. if u guys wanna do Night Macro la. They live under the wooden walkway. They are BIG...seriously. My body cant stop squirming everytime I wanna take its pic. lols.

    Your place pretty cool to have all of this species living under 1 place. Its good to have them in the house as they tend to ward off many things that can harm us as long as they never harm us either.

    I wish my house is like that but i'm the type that Throw thing at it first then see what species it is. so its like Too late. lol!
    Haha, seriously I handicap first, & burn it on a tissue, for every insect or crawler that gets into my room. I hate bugs! The practice has somehow been ritualized for the sake of self-gratification. Haha.

    Anyway I cant help but notice Pasir Ris has all sorts of bugs, lizards, esp butterflies (sometimes birds) in every corner... even in the urbanized areas.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

  18. #478

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Hi Chuck,

    Would love to see some pictures of your home indoors and outdoors.
    i love wild life and nothing beats living around in the mist of all this animals

  19. #479

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    ahh ok.. i only put in my battery when i use my camera hehe.. ok

    hey clunk, which part of Australia do you live in?

  20. #480
    Member Clunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Darwin Australia
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

    Our place is quite small, two bedroom unit (1 bathroom, Kitchen, meals area, lounge/hall).
    Will post some pics next week after I have tidied up a bit, a friend has left us a lot of plants to mind while he has gone on holidays for a year. We live in a complex of nine ground floor units each with their own backyard which is little more than a fenced in courtyard. There are quite large common front yards but nobody seems to use these areas because they are taken care of by a gardener. It is just Amy and myself living here, my 3 sons are grown up and have their own lives now and her three boys are in S/pore.
    The beauty of our place is we can lock the doors and go away for weeks on end and the gardens are reticulated automatically and as long as we don't have a cyclone everything should be the same when we return. Darwin is quite unique in as much as it is built on a beautiful harbour and close to some very picturesque national parks. The first time I took Amy for a drive out to the country, she was quite shocked to be out in the middle of the bush in only a few minutes. "Where are all the houses gone?" she asked. I told her the next town (Katherine) was 300 km away and the next city was Alice Springs (1500 km away).
    Amy thinks that wildlife in Darwin is "over-rated" and that people in Singapore get by quite well without all the creepy crawlies. When I said I hope she dun see the spider it was concern for the poor spiders safety.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •