Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324273247 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

Default Re: Thread for Lumix FZ18 and FZ28 Series

5) Mr Hermit

This one was taken at my work place. Finally I managed to spot the elusive green snake that my collegues saw.

6)

7)
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

woah nice shots! Now you definitely must come for the outing and give me some tips!

I have nothing nice to post today haha... some lumix adverts! did you all guess which FZer is this? ^^

Quite stupidly, I actually did a HDR exposure of the first picture... when reviewing on the way home, I took it as an under exposed picture and deleted it... =( Oh wells. Was trying to get the Star 8 effect to come out too, but it didn't work I guess.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Hey riscal, really nice shots, I like the close-up of the green snake.
    ombre
    Numbers are getting up for the outing, if all confirm. Will get a HP number to you when I arrive, I refuse to own one here in Oz. I have confiscated up to 8 of them in one lesson, I should be able to get a good one for my trip
    Shouldn't you be studying? What are you studying?
    When is your exam?
    Study hard and good luck.
    Ex-FZ 28 Sony a330 SAM 3.5-5.6/18-55 SAM 4-5.6/55-200 DCR250

maybe we should meet at bouna vista instead of orchard... then we from bouna vista walk to sky garden and to botanic and then to orchard...

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    maybe we should meet at bouna vista instead of orchard... then we from bouna vista walk to sky garden and to botanic and then to orchard...

Possible idea... will be a little smoother, but are we confirm going there? Must see if everyone wants to go there or not first... maybe some just want to go to botanic and fall out.

And there he's showing off his perfect shot... *envious!*

Some pictures from me...

Rare looking Bird spotted near my place.
    Pumped loads of flash on a hot sunny day to get it lit up! still the background is burnt, but at least the bird can be seen.

A candid of too much candies.

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post

i know this may sound like a silly question, but how did u make that effect, where the people are 'shadowed' but the background is clear?

[QUOTE=ricsal;4570469]here is some of the pics I took yesterday morning while I went for the family barbeque by the sea. Taken at east coast before the sun rises.

hi riscal, what mode did you use?

Is this same as your rare bird, cuz if it is I can bring some with me, we have truckloads of them here.

joking lah
    Last edited by Clunk; 2nd December 2008 at 05:39 PM.

anyone knows of any camera strap that's wider than the panasonic one? wanna get one around $30. went CP and the price was pretty over budget. tried using my dad's olympus strap but it doesn't fit into the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by coolzephyr View Post
    i know this may sound like a silly question, but how did u make that effect, where the people are 'shadowed' but the background is clear?
    its silhouette effect. u have to meter it to the sky to get the effect. usually during the golden hours.

[QUOTE=coolzephyr;4572499]
    Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    here is some of the pics I took yesterday morning while I went for the family barbeque by the sea. Taken at east coast before the sun rises.

hi riscal, what mode did you use?
    i bo pian. i took IA coz lazy and just woke up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    (Touch up a bit)

-=[ FZriends Outing! ]=-

Date: 21 Dec 2008
    Time: 2.00pm [Note the change of time]
    Agenda: TBC -
    Meet @ Orchard -> Botanic Gardens -> Sky-Garden (Bouna Vista - TBC?) -> Sunsets -> Xmas lights maybe?
    Free and Easy to leave anytime if you have other commitments, no pressure!

Participants:
    Ombre [+ 1 friend (TBC)]
    Vinze
    Skyguy [+ 1friend]
    Clunk [+Melvin]
    Ay6810(solo)
    Riscal (TBC)
    John Wong (TBC)

Remark:Be ready for wet weather. Bring along ur drinking water. And some money to buy drink on the way.
    - Tripods and Monopods could be useful. (Anyone confirm bringing? Maybe sharing of tripods could be easier.)

pls add on ur name into the participant list if u wish to participate.. thanks you =)

-------------
    6/10 confirmed, will be quite a scene if 10 photographers march down orchard. Lol.

We'll need to collect HP numbers 1 week before too I guess.

I should be bringing monopod, but gotta see how first. My gear is nearly 2kg now =(
    Firstly, welome John.

Above sounds good, will be bringing monopod and lightweight Slik U6000 tripod (sharing is good).
    Battery power could be an issue even for those with a backup battery, does using EVF extend battery life much more than using LCD screen?
    Melvan and I will most likely stay on for night shots and Christmas lights till quite late as long as I feed him he is happy. May have to bring PNS cam as backup. We are flexible to changes so what ever most ppl want is fine.

Haha, skyguy didn't make any effects, he's the skyguy remember? =P Naturally his camera only meters the sky. Alright, a little too much textbook for me. Yea anyway I was standing right behind him and I didn't "see" the shot! Either because the couple was too near and I was too 'shy' to snap, or I simply wasn't artistic. =X

And Rob, sure looks like the same bird haha. I don't see them very often, Initially I thought it was a baby pigeon that gone stray from the pack. Although this one doesn't look as fat. I usually use the EVF, because I like it, and also yes, because I 'believe' it drains less power. I mean it makes sense doesn't it?! Smaller area = less power! Haha, but to be truthful, I have no statistical (or mathematical! ) evidence for this.

Can consider a 3rd party FZ spare battery? I was surfing ebay the other day and they were only going for about 18 SGD, about 12 USD maybe? Not sure about reliability, but you could give it a shot.

Slimo, try goggling 'martin' or 'optech' for the strap? I believe one of our local online sellers carry them, can't remember off-hand and I can't find it for the moment. I think crumpler has a strap too around 25-35? At the back of my head, I go, $30 for a strap are you nuts?!~ But its up to you =) I am trying to not buy stuff anymore hah.

Forgot to comment that I love Ricsal's number 2 shot! Almost looks HDR-ish... and the snake is like ... but I hate snakes.

I'm wondering if I should wear shoes or crocs slippers for the outing... hm... I have a 75% chance of bringing a monopod. As long as my bag doesn't weigh a ton on that day.

Back to the books!

lol. im still hunting for a tripod too! anw the stuffs u buy just treat it as "investment" lar. like that then wont heart pain when thinking of how much u have spent.

good thing is i dont have to buy lens.

Hi Slimo, can you make it to the Outing?

hmm im not sure if ill be free on that day. how bout putting me on the TBC list? i might bring a friend along too.
    Last edited by Slimo; 2nd December 2008 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    (Touch up a bit)

-=[ FZriends Outing! ]=-

Date: 21 Dec 2008
    Time: 2.00pm [Note the change of time]
    Agenda: TBC -
    Meet @ Orchard -> Botanic Gardens -> Sky-Garden (Bouna Vista - TBC?) -> Sunsets -> Xmas lights maybe?
    Free and Easy to leave anytime if you have other commitments, no pressure!

Participants:
    Ombre [+ 1 friend (TBC)]
    Vinze
    Skyguy [+ 1friend]
    Clunk [+Melvin]
    Ay6810(solo)
    Riscal (TBC)
    John Wong (TBC)
    Slimo and friend (TBC)

Remark:Be ready for wet weather. Bring along ur drinking water. And some money to buy drink on the way.
    - Tripods and Monopods could be useful. (Anyone confirm bringing? Maybe sharing of tripods could be easier.)

pls add on ur name into the participant list if u wish to participate.. thanks you =)

(
    Turning into a major event!

put me on TBC too i'm interested but yet to know if i can get the green light

Quote Originally Posted by Slimo View Post
    lol. im still hunting for a tripod too! anw the stuffs u buy just treat it as "investment" lar. like that then wont heart pain when thinking of how much u have spent.

good thing is i dont have to buy lens.
    Wait till you upgrade to dSLR then you'll feel what I feel! ;

Event is getting a little huge! wow.