Thread: Any photographers have an issue with FMTEM?

Default Any photographers have an issue with FMTEM?

IF you have any issues with my and my agency, talk here. Or leave a contact number and lets meet up and settle this either with or without a presence of a lawyer.

I don't want to kena arrow again by being accused of posting irresponsible and irrelevant posts.

Kirk, Youhong, any contributions you like to add in to make the fire bigger?
    Or you like to meet up and have a chat. Coffee on me, no problem, I have a big heart.
    But it will shrink when provoke over and over again though I repeatedly said I did my part.

Exclamation Re: Any photographers have an issue with FMTEM?

I'm just curious whether Perspective Models will buy your explainations, since I've got a similar one from Perspective Models when I sent an email to Perspective Models.

Please, neither do I wish to start war. As much as you wish photographers to stand in your shoes to look at things, I hope you can also understand where we are coming from as well.

It must be a headache receiving tonnes of emails complaining about copyright infringements from various photographers and you get frustrated over it when you see your inbox full of complains at first sight. But please also look at things from our perspective as well - not every photographers are so "free and easy" with their IP - you're unlucky to happen to use my images and I happen to be one "hard to deal with person". The sight of having their images used without consent and what's worst is to have another watermark over the images.

I've told Perspective Models before, a third party who views the images will be easily fooled by the watermark, causing the viewers to assume (or indirectly implied) that the copyright belongs to the "agency/management", which result in unhappiness from the rightful copyright owners. For that, I believe Perspective Models can now understand how I felt now.

But seriously, I hope you can learn something from this experience.

I am not digging only the copyright issue, but more of the responsiblity. I do have issues with other users who used my images without permission. When contacted with some of them, they acknowledged that they did not double check before using without giving a page of text of explainations/excuses/reasons of not knowing and case closed.

Anyway, the following is a good thread to read for you
    Models giving photos w/o photographers premission

Similar to my above point, claiming not knowing that the images are Copyrighted are definitely not accepted as an explaination because there are watermarks on the images. The watermarks themselves are reminders to viewers that the images are Copyrighted. Images without watermarks do not mean that the Copyright is being waived either. This is therefore, the reason why I do not buy your explaination or claim of not knowing, in fact, you are shooting yourself on the feet for that. You could have double check with the rightful copyright owner to save yourself from trouble.

Ever wonder what other reputatable modeling agencies do? They HIRE/COMMISSIONED photographers to do portfolio and compcards for their models and not simply use the images the models provide to post on their website. There are good examples here in ClubSNAP itself, just have a look at the <Photoshoots> section of this forum - there are organisers whom are truly professional do the compcards themselves and not simply use any images. For some, they ensure that they get permissions from the rightful copyright owners before posting. And for a handful, simply use without knowing who's the photographers. Finally, a few posts poor quality and low resolution images.

You claimed to be a professional, then show me your professionalism.

Talking about professionalism, seriously, I have emailed multiple infringers before. Your replies are the most unfriendly. I tried to tone down my email very much (relative to my previous "attacks") already. Even Perspective Models did not respond so violently despite my more "aggressive attacks".

As much as you are very "turned off" by the complain emails from me, your words are not very friendly either.

Supporting #3, it is the same for those recording companies. The artists cannot sing or perform their old songs when they changed their recording companies unless their new recording company bought over the copyrights from the previous one. Similarly, a compcard/portfolio is still the IP of the studio/agencies and third parties can't use them. An example I can find is the HOTSTUFF magazine scans - which are copyrighted to HOTSTUFF, and not to the models. (I've tried to enquiry with them, but they didn't really get back to me on their Copyright policies, but I believed that they at most grant the models the licence to use the images for their person uses and not for third parties commercial uses). And since you do not own the copyright of any images, you do not have the right to put your watermarks over you images.
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Default Re: Any photographers have an issue with FMTEM?

Bro, there are certain things you are not aware off, which I would suggest a off-line discussion with the thread starter through a coffee session to re-solve the issue.

The thread starter had acknowledged the meaning on the used of photographs without permission and starting to remove the those photos from the galleries as per request by the photographers. I would encourage photopgrahers who had seen their photos in the galleries to email to the thread starter if they want their photos to be removed.

The thread starter had also done necessary actions to remind the models by sending mass emails on using the photographs without the photographer's permission. Some of the models did not have the knowledge of the copyrights, needs to be educated.

The agency had been operational for years, and had received positive feedbacks by some of the models who I known off. This is the first time they are setting up a proper webpage and there are certain issues they need to clear which they are are unknown off, like the copyrights etc. Rest assured, they are engaging photographers to help to bulit a proper portfolio for their models to replace the head shots sent by the models. Give them sometime, (there are 100 over them and ++ )

To the thread starter
    SISTAR! (Have to change the way of talking ) I know you are fustrated with the issues of copyrights. Don't start war here lah. Not good for your agency. We want peace here. Let's solve this in a peaceful way with some results.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Blog Entries

best is to take it offline, over a friendly cup of coffee
    people tend to be less sensitive to others when they are online

so a face to face meet would be best
    just remember to smile

To TS, save the coffee money, just take the pictures offline. Move on.

I do not blame the photographers at all. Copyrights may not be violated.

Personally, if asked, I generally will agree to allow the pictures to be posted. If they were posted used in anyway without my conscent, there is nothing more to talk about. Pay up.

If I were you, just take those pictures down, the more you try to explain, the more eggs on your face.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Bro, there are certain things you are not aware off, which I would suggest a off-line discussion with the thread starter through a coffee session to re-solve the issue.

The thread starter had acknowledged the meaning on the used of photographs without permission and starting to remove the those photos from the galleries as per request by the photographers. I would encourage photopgrahers who had seen their photos in the galleries to email to the thread starter if they want their photos to be removed.

The thread starter had also done necessary actions to remind the models by sending mass emails on using the photographs without the photographer's permission. Some of the models did not have the knowledge of the copyrights, needs to be educated.

The agency had been operational for years, and had received positive feedbacks by some of the models who I known off. This is the first time they are setting up a proper webpage and there are certain issues they need to clear which they are are unknown off, like the copyrights etc. Rest assured, they are engaging photographers to help to bulit a proper portfolio for their models to replace the head shots sent by the models. Give them sometime, (there are 100 over them and ++ )

To the thread starter
    SISTAR! (Have to change the way of talking ) I know you are fustrated with the issues of copyrights. Don't start war here lah. Not good for your agency. We want peace here. Let's solve this in a peaceful way with some results.
    Support......World Peace
    :vhappy:EOS400D

To the thread starter
    You can do Fiona.com.sg a favour by doing the portfolio shoots FOC...

Fiona.com.sg may continue to remind, and the models/talents may still continue to send in copyrighted materials because they don't know anything. Being " operational for years", the management should be "experienced" enough to know that many models send in copyrighted images. As far as I heard, the models sent in the images are for the client to see, some did not know the images are going to put up to the website.

Not double checking is what I am digging at because of the "professional" claims. My advise to Fiona.com.sg is to double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    To TS, save the coffee money, just take the pictures offline. Move on.

I do not blame the photographers at all. Copyrights may not be violated.

Personally, if asked, I generally will agree to allow the pictures to be posted. If they were posted used in anyway without my conscent, there is nothing more to talk about. Pay up.

If I were you, just take those pictures down, the more you try to explain, the more eggs on your face.
    This is so true !

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post

Fiona.com.sg may continue to remind, and the models/talents may still continue to send in copyrighted materials because they don't know anything. Being " operational for years", the management should be "experienced" enough to know that many models send in copyrighted images. As far as I heard, the models sent in the images are for the client to see, some did not know the images are going to put up to the website.

Not double checking is what I am digging at because of the "professional" claims. My advise to Fiona.com.sg is to double check.
    You are invited if you want to?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

I do not sarpork commercial uses for my images and I ish NOT a FREElance photographer also. My pictures are fail and crabby which makes me wonder why people like to kapo my pictures...

oh, I ish better at shooting mollers than models...

Anyway, mosts of the models are freelancers. It's not too difficult to get them for shots also mah...

I do not sarpork commercial uses for my images and I ish NOT a FREElance photographer also. My pictures are fail and crabby which makes me wonder why people like to kapo my pictures...

oh, I ish better at shooting mollers than models...

Anyway, mosts of the models are freelancers. It's not too difficult to get them for shots also mah...
    Upz to you loh. I just enjoy shooting if there are opportunities....mine already flooded till Nov.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Upz to you loh. I just enjoy shooting if there are opportunities....mine already flooded till Nov.
    Master's business is good~

I also got portraiture shoots, but they are non-humans... They are dolls...

Quote Originally Posted by FMTEM View Post
    IF you have any issues with my and my agency, talk here. Or leave a contact number and lets meet up and settle this either with or without a presence of a lawyer.

I don't want to kena arrow again by being accused of posting irresponsible and irrelevant posts.

Kirk, Youhong, any contributions you like to add in to make the fire bigger?
    Or you like to meet up and have a chat. Coffee on me, no problem, I have a big heart.
    But it will shrink when provoke over and over again though I repeatedly said I did my part.
    Please remove my images from your site. Please read the TOC on my website "Do note that you are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes", stated on the front page ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Please remove my images from your site. Please read the TOC on my website "Do note that you are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes", stated on the front page ...

please leave me your water mark, i will go through the hundreds of photos in my website, which my web deisgner uploaded all into my website, thought it will save me the hassle.

But do give me your water mark or the names of the models, i want to remove it asap. i have enough of this.

now i am getting another web designer to remove ALL of the photos, and get the models to upload their own photos instead.

oh, please email me at info@fiona.com.sg if you urgently want to remove your photos.

this is so not me, so buay gum wan, but i'm still gonna close this thread, give face to phoa.
    Last edited by FMTEM; 27th September 2008 at 01:25 AM.

i am already doing that, getting my photographer friends from here to take photos for the models. and we all had fun..
    as for doing photo shoot foe the models, i know how to do my job, no need 'advise'.
    but getting 100 over models to do photo shoot will take 100 days, if i can do one model per day, and that is impossible.
    anyway, i repeat again, i'm getting my web designer to remove ALL the photos. i don't want to see these photos anymore, too much crap and unreasonable fire starter here, when i said a million times, i did my part.

oh, but sorry, i never say he is invited. i would rather get my grandma to go and take the photo shoot for me.
    Last edited by FMTEM; 27th September 2008 at 01:24 AM.

haha, i checked and double checked. its only that one model who did not get my email. 90% of the models did, and when they send photos now, i ask and ask again, to make sure they are allowed to use the photos. end of topic. period.