Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Your Heart
    Posts
    676

    Default Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    Good try on using the grass as 'space' in the photo.
    I think would be better to convert it to b&w as manny ppl
    complain bout the saturation and all. Peace.

  2. #22

    Default Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    the negative space here might just work if you shoot at a higher angle
    definitely need to lose the guitar case, not adding to the photo

  3. #23

    Default Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyASh View Post
    Hi guys.. thanks for the constructive comments... it does help me open up to both world.. Actually i doing a survey for this kind of photography, because im a artist itself.

    1st is a non artists interpretation of a picture

    and the other is an artists interpretation of contemporary art towards the picture

    Individual world reflects differently in this particular picture that i post.. . No offence to the one who critics on that picture. Its good. I really like your comment. And further i gain lots of feedback to improve on my photography.thanks guys..

    For instance, lets put this in a contemporary art gallery with a well taken picture opposite of the one that i post.. An artist will look to the particular picture for quite sometimes with a thinking of what is the artist had to share while an non artist will glance and said "that is a poor photograph"..No offence again. After all its individual preferences.
    sorry to ask, are u looking at critics for photography.. or art?

    if photography, u have received ur critics. for art.. well... i dun think this is as artistic work.


    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyASh View Post
    well man... like i said its a survey...Im cool man... chill... defensive its part of the survey... I respect your constructive comment. it depends on individual preference.. let say, this picture was taken by a professional photographer and he/she jus wanna look at the response that a newbie posted in this forum...and he might said... i like this kinda of photograph. its something new... wat will you response.?

    i dun understand the part where u have to be defensive to conduct a survey. i believe u have to be open minded to conduct a survey?

    btw, if u have been in the forum long enough, there are several senior photographers here who have received harsh comments from others.. not only newbies get the beating.

    no offence bro.. just my humble opinion as a non-artist.
    You Need Some Madness In Life To Stay Sane
    http://emuted.multiply.com

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Western Singapore
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    pardon my intrusion to this thread but i think both sides has its point. just like a coin has two sides depending on which the side the viewer is facing but do agree that design and photography is different though both have similar elements. No offense to the TS but your really a bit on the defensive side which though im no artist but feel a truly inspiring artist should be one who takes serious priority into conveying what he wants to portray to his audience regardless of the difference of level of understanding towards arts the audience has. After all, isn't arts about communicating with others. Wouldn't it be better if you can make all agree with your works which in my sense theres sure not everyone will be on the same point of view you have but without them there wont be any room for improvement right? All this is in my humble opinion and its not my intention to offend anyone but if you feel offended by what i said, i sincerely apologise to you.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by hairyharry View Post
    Good try on using the grass as 'space' in the photo.
    I think would be better to convert it to b&w as manny ppl
    complain bout the saturation and all. Peace.
    Yes, but how does the space contribute to the image, except to cause imbalance?

    Playing with space without making the image look imbalanced is something very hard to do. In this image, it doesn't really help that the negative space (that's the grass) is not really fully out of focus; you can still make out some detail in the grass, which does distract quite a fair bit. At that to the fact that you have three elements in the top half of the image, and only negative space in the bottom half, and you have a strange combination and imbalance (top-heavy) of compositional elements.

    Here are some of my examples on playing with space. Sometimes it helps when you have one clear subject over a few iffy ones:

    Here you see the sprout clearly stands out from the background, because of its colour, and also because the immediate surroundings (grains of sand) add context to the image, while everything slightly further away is out of focus.

    This second one was a shot intended as a title image for a film called "Double Vision", hence the use of two similar subjects. Note that while there is a significant amount of negative space, it is not overly excessive, nor does it make the image feel lopsided.

    Elements wise, ask yourself also, what does the guitar and guitar case contribute to the photo? What does your subject's pose contribute to the photo?

    You talk about art. Tell me, do you know any artist who just does his works for the sake of it, without conveying a message or telling a story? I'm not sure about you but I know of no such artist. At the heart of every artist is the desire to tell a story, and the expression is thru his/her works.
    Last edited by calebk; 26th September 2008 at 04:19 PM.

  6. #26

    Thumbs down Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyASh View Post
    Hi guys.. thanks for the constructive comments... it does help me open up to both world.. Actually i doing a survey for this kind of photography, because im a artist itself.

    1st is a non artists interpretation of a picture

    and the other is an artists interpretation of contemporary art towards the picture

    Individual world reflects differently in this particular picture that i post.. . No offence to the one who critics on that picture. Its good. I really like your comment. And further i gain lots of feedback to improve on my photography.thanks guys..

    For instance, lets put this in a contemporary art gallery with a well taken picture opposite of the one that i post.. An artist will look to the particular picture for quite sometimes with a thinking of what is the artist had to share while an non artist will glance and said "that is a poor photograph"..No offence again. After all its individual preferences.
    screw you and your elitist attitude and your artistic bullshit...

    what rubbiish you talkign about artists and non-artists having different view. ASSUMING PHOTOGRAPHERS ARNT ARTISTS THEMSELVES.....you come in here looking for opinion by "non-artists" then refute opinions saying "oh my picture works and it belongs in a contemporary art gallery, bla bla bla, bullshit bullshit bullshit"

    go put in a contemporary gallery and piss off from here lah like that

  7. #27

    Default Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    yeah man... i felt tat too... Am pleased with their critics ... it really help me in my future photography... thanks to cheguthamrin, night86mare, calebk, espion... it really help in this kinda of composition.. and like i said its jus a survey man...peace

  8. #28

    Smile Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by lifepursuer View Post
    pardon my intrusion to this thread but i think both sides has its point. just like a coin has two sides depending on which the side the viewer is facing but do agree that design and photography is different though both have similar elements. No offense to the TS but your really a bit on the defensive side which though im no artist but feel a truly inspiring artist should be one who takes serious priority into conveying what he wants to portray to his audience regardless of the difference of level of understanding towards arts the audience has. After all, isn't arts about communicating with others. Wouldn't it be better if you can make all agree with your works which in my sense theres sure not everyone will be on the same point of view you have but without them there wont be any room for improvement right? All this is in my humble opinion and its not my intention to offend anyone but if you feel offended by what i said, i sincerely apologise to you.
    hey, thanks...i like your point of view

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyASh View Post
    well man... like i said its a survey...Im cool man... chill... defensive its part of the survey... I respect your constructive comment. it depends on individual preference.. let say, this picture was taken by a professional photographer and he/she jus wanna look at the response that a newbie posted in this forum...and he might said... i like this kinda of photograph. its something new... wat will you response.?
    i dunno what kinda hallucination you suffer from... you come and post with a title as newbie, then say you are an artist and now you say you're doing a survey...

    so i'm going to close this thread, this section is not for you to do a survey...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #30

    Default Re: hi im quite new in photography world, plz comment.thanks

    hi guys... thanks for the comments and critics... i appreciate it.. i will do better as time goes by... it really help me in many ways... Thanks alot .. and thanks to Del_CtrlnoAlt..

    this thread is closed officially...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •