Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Tripod should i choose ? Need advice

Default Re: Which Tripod should i choose ? Need advice

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Agree with - zac08

Get the best tripod you could afford. I have to change my old PPCP tripod to a better Benro one afte my lens gotten heavier. Spend more money again
    Thanks for the advise diver
    My hubby and I are buying D90 next week ...and tripod too. which tripod would you recommend for D90?

Quote Originally Posted by DEDEP View Post
    My hubby and I are buying D90 next week ...and tripod too. which tripod would you recommend for D90?
    Recommendations are many but a lot depends on your budget, your possible heaviest camera setup, preference of either flip or twist-lock for loosening/tightening the legs, max weight you can endure carrying etc.

After figuring all these criteia, your choices should be pretty limited. Then it will only be a matter of testing them out with your equipment.
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

Quote Originally Posted by DEDEP View Post
    Are you buying from a shop that also sells tripod? Take the time to try deploying and stowing the tripod. See if it handles to your expectations. Better still, mount your camera with lenses (choose the heaviest one you have or is going to have) and check out the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    cheap and light tripod usually not good
    good and light tripod usually not cheap
    cheap and good tripod usually not light

how to forget the last one!
    Maybe this is easier to remember- cheap, good, light : choose any two.

Hello ClownCrown,

I just bought a Yong Nuo Travel Nomad 5section tripod from James, JLPhoto as a gift for my friend.

It's 5 section, but with my 400D Gripped + 17-40L, it didn't move when pressed down. It's said that if you mount a camera setup on a tripod and you gently poke one leg, the camera will move if it's a bad tripod. It didn't.

Now, I tested the 5 section one. Common sense will tell me that the 4 section will be steadier, and the 3 section will be steadier than the 4 and 5 section ones due to the larger last section leg.

I love the twist locks because it's a lot better when packing, especially for people like me who put the tripod on backpacks.

I highly recommend either of their 3 tripods. When the stock comes for the 4 section YL 580 (it's globally out of stock for a few months), I will definitely be getting it. I'll shell out for the Gitzo CF and RRS heads next time when I save up enough, but the YongNuo tripods will definitely serve me well.

S$99 for 4section and S$110 for 3 section is a steal. I won't tell how much I bought the 5section one for.

Cheers
    Zexun
    Our pictures are our footprints. It’s the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12