Thread: Silica pack humidity controller?

Default Silica pack humidity controller?

hey guys!

I used the default amount of silica gel provided in the silica pack when i bought the dry box and i went to reheat/reactivate it yesterday and made it blue again!

However within 6 hours of putting it back into the dry box, the humidity in the box dropped from 55% to 29%! that's too dry right??

Is there anyway to control the humidity when i use silica gel? Is it possible to go to zero ah?

Thank you!!

Default Re: Silica pack humidity controller?

take out some?
    Pentax K100D Super

Quote Originally Posted by adiknaim View Post
    take out some?
    but technically, they will stop working when they are red right?

thats when it stabalizes?

so even if i take out like 90%.. the 10% still has the ability to bring it to zero?

Taking out some just reduces the rate of absorption?

why do u need to reheat the silica gel? i am thinking izzit it too cheap and u can juz use and throw? how many times can u reheat btw? u noe, the last time i reheat the silica gel and it turns all white and not as clear purple/blue as it once is.

6 hours and it becomes 29%? wow.. the truth is i hv to put a few dayz and then it reaches 60%. probably my dry box is leaking or u hv a veri good dry box.

Quote Originally Posted by maximize View Post
    why do u need to reheat the silica gel? i am thinking izzit it too cheap and u can juz use and throw? how many times can u reheat btw? u noe, the last time i reheat the silica gel and it turns all white and not as clear purple/blue as it once is.

6 hours and it becomes 29%? wow.. the truth is i hv to put a few dayz and then it reaches 60%. probably my dry box is leaking or u hv a veri good dry box.

haha i just bought the I-case dry box.. haha

so how do you maintain your humidity level?
    hmm..

where did you get it from and how much? (sorry off topic)

29% is too low, what i do is to remove some of the beads or leave it open for a while. i know of no other way to control the level.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it