Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pursuing Studies in Photography

Default Re: Pursuing Studies in Photography

Quote Originally Posted by samtcy View Post
    I'm hoping to do a course (dip / degree) in Photography but I can't seem to find any in Singapore. Does anyone here happens to know of any local institution offering this?
    Wow... from someone started with a hubby carrying your tripod to doing an academic course in photography, you've certainly come a long way!
    Good for you!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    Wow... from someone started with a hubby carrying your tripod to doing an academic course in photography, you've certainly come a long way!
    Good for you!

Am dragging my hubby around with me on my photoshoot trips (to Zoo..etc) lately..
    He's having fun taking pics with my compact camera (Fujifilm F31fd) while I use my Nikon...hehe...and of course, he's still my tripod carrier

cool, I'm intending to go Nafa after my O's(this year taking).
    Am i intruding your thread?
    One day you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by kive View Post
    Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts provide Diploma in Visual Communication majoring in Photography. it's a full time 3 years course.
    The course, is now no longer called Diploma in VC (photography)... It is now called Diploma in Fine Arts (Photography) under Dept of Fine Arts. 3 years course.

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    The course, is now no longer called Diploma in VC (photography)... It is now called Diploma in Fine Arts (Photography) under Dept of Fine Arts. 3 years course.
    Hmm, there's actually quite a few course right? Other then the one you mentioned.
    Diploma in Fashion allows you to know more about Fashion Photography, chances of becoming a fashion photographer in future.
    Diploma in Design and Media.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not very sure too.
    One day you'll see.

LASALLE College of the Arts is also offering BA (Hons) Art Photography programme

http://www.lasalle.edu.sg/cgi-bin/We...wa/page?pid=49

I study a Photography at the School Of Visual Arts in New York. Its a degree course, and you get a Bachelor in Fine Arts after 4 years. Really, its great because the facilities are fantastic. I have access to studios with top of the line lights, a variety of cameras of all formats. The course, to begin with is more academic and technical, but once you get the basics down, its very hands on. It is really great being able to have your work critiqued by your peers.

BUT the best thing is that you're in New York. So you no longer have to look at the websites of your favorite photographers, you can just hop on a subway and check they're actual work out at the galleries! Look into this!

Best of luck.
    Kamil.

if you have any questions feel free to msg me.

i'd recommend going overseas. the arts education here is still trying to improve itself. it has not set a proper standard as good as the major polytechnics yet. i was from NYP and now in NAFA. and i find it a little too slack here in nafa. no pressure and it's killing my braincells by practically doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden3 View Post
    Hmm, there's actually quite a few course right? Other then the one you mentioned.
    Diploma in Fashion allows you to know more about Fashion Photography, chances of becoming a fashion photographer in future.
    Diploma in Design and Media.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not very sure too.
    Diploma In Design & Media do offer photography as a minor subject for students.

Quote Originally Posted by escapologist View Post
    i'd recommend going overseas. the arts education here is still trying to improve itself. it has not set a proper standard as good as the major polytechnics yet. i was from NYP and now in NAFA. and i find it a little too slack here in nafa. no pressure and it's killing my braincells by practically doing nothing.
    So which course are you taking in NAFA? And care to elaborate a little on like, what do you do there etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    Diploma In Design & Media do offer photography as a minor subject for students.
    Is it like, Diploma in Design & Media more to editing etc?

I'm having quite abit of queries. Sorry TS, don't mind i ask these people a few questions.
    One day you'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12