Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 140

Thread: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

  1. #101

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by dOlBy View Post
    Thanks DM
    Aiyoh ... please dun thank me yet ... have to discuss with yr comm first. Also have to source sumwan's place that is spacious and conducive to do it.

  2. #102
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    thanks DM
    蓮花仙子

  3. #103

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    -> LotusFairy

    I should have bring my camera along on that day, maybe might have been noticed by then and have the chance to join in the shoot!

    Where got aunty? Only see Hunks and Babes in there leh...


    -> Ambious

    Yup sure I will be back for more. Lovely place to dine in and chill out.

  4. #104

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Please OT here, back to TCSS please thanks..

  5. #105
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by ovc17m View Post
    -> LotusFairy

    I should have bring my camera along on that day, maybe might have been noticed by then and have the chance to join in the shoot!

    Where got aunty? Only see Hunks and Babes in there leh...


    -> Ambious

    Yup sure I will be back for more. Lovely place to dine in and chill out.
    do join us for outings
    蓮花仙子

  6. #106

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Think gglankie refers to me?

    Sonnie sonnie... will keep a lookout on future TS outings. 10Q!

  7. #107

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by ovc17m View Post
    Think gglankie refers to me?

    Sonnie sonnie... will keep a lookout on future TS outings. 10Q!
    Hi hi ovc17m, no worries, please dun misunderstand, i am not refering to you.. i see you and fairy OT abit much.. hahah.. and cos every TS events thread are purely for comments, questions, critiques.. If OT too much, then it becomes like our TCSS thread. Heehee, not only i will remind, some TS seniors will also remind, OT please back to out TS TCSS thread..

    We welcome you come out TCSS thread for OT.. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419533

    Cheers... Peace..

  8. #108

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    my very noob shots... super unprepared.. think they can't make it, esp for the pizza 1...

    DM i book a slot in ur workshop k!





    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  9. #109
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by SolBadGuy View Post
    i vote for this shot
    great composition, could improve on the lighting

  10. #110
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    the mushroom soup...the surface abit ...erhh...thick leh..
    or i see wrongly....
    蓮花仙子

  11. #111

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    the mushroom soup...the surface abit ...erhh...thick leh..
    or i see wrongly....
    Hey Nick, the problem with that shot is that the soup has 'skinned'. That happens when a thick, creamy soup if left sitting for too long - the top dries out and literally forms a covering skin. If you gently insert a chopstick through the side and lift up, you will be able to lift up an entire layer of drier soup 'skin'.

    It's always best to do your entire set-up, positioning, lighting etc with a mock-up, and then start with a fresh dish that is carefully ladelled in on the spot. One of the most challenging things in food photography is working fast. Some dishes you might have the luxury of 2 or 3 minutes before the food starts looking bad, and with some items, you only have a few seconds to shoot before the food item is trash. Also, the parsley is drowning.

    I have to admit that the tilt of the shot is a bit extreme.

    On the bright side, your exposure/lighting control is very nice. This is very good considering the large group that day.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 7th October 2008 at 12:49 AM.

  12. #112
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    #1

    #2

    Download original here

  13. #113
    Member/Tangshooter dOlBy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    #1
    OMG I'm so hungry now!

  14. #114

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by dOlBy View Post
    OMG I'm so hungry now!
    Not only euu!

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    333

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Not only euu!
    time for lunch..
    Capture the moment

  16. #116
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    if....only i can only grab one piece of that wings now......
    蓮花仙子

  17. #117

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Yea food photography workshop for us.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  18. #118

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    #2

    Download original here
    I left earlier and my face is not inside. HR manager pls include me in the attendance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Hey Nick, the problem with that shot is that the soup has 'skinned'. That happens when a thick, creamy soup if left sitting for too long - the top dries out and literally forms a covering skin. If you gently insert a chopstick through the side and lift up, you will be able to lift up an entire layer of drier soup 'skin'.

    It's always best to do your entire set-up, positioning, lighting etc with a mock-up, and then start with a fresh dish that is carefully ladelled in on the spot. One of the most challenging things in food photography is working fast. Some dishes you might have the luxury of 2 or 3 minutes before the food starts looking bad, and with some items, you only have a few seconds to shoot before the food item is trash. Also, the parsley is drowning.

    I have to admit that the tilt of the shot is a bit extreme.

    On the bright side, your exposure/lighting control is very nice. This is very good considering the large group that day.
    Thanks for your kind words DM. It's my folly not noticing the "skin" on the soup. Need to work harder for the next shoot.

    OT: so when's the workshop?
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

  19. #119

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Not quite sure leh ... understand that quite butties are busy, and also this period appears to be very packed with activities and outings etc ...

  20. #120

    Default Re: Tangshooters - Sinful Melvados - Food Photography

    Pai seh..been very busy lately....2 pics to share.......C&C are welcome.

    1. Chicken Wing


    2. Yogurt
    :vhappy:EOS400D

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •