Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Sydney pictures - part I

  1. #1

    Default Sydney pictures - part I

    Hi guys...

    Went on a business trip to Sydney and really squeezed my time going places during the weekends

    Here are some pictures from my slides
    Please give comments on how I can improve!!!! (think I really need to learn how to use my external flash more effectively....

    Ehh pictures are a little big hor...


    View of the city from rgb (royal botanic gardens)



    The rocks



    The rocks market
    Last edited by bja; 12th August 2003 at 05:58 PM.

  2. #2

    Default


    SOH roof from the inside


    SOH view from the inside


    lights are on soh


    soh & hb from rgb
    Last edited by bja; 12th August 2003 at 05:55 PM.

  3. #3

    Default


    soh & hb at sunset


    part of soh


    hb at sunset


    hb from soh
    Last edited by bja; 12th August 2003 at 05:44 PM.

  4. #4

    Default


    government house at rgb


    2 people at rgb


    someone's wedding picture (I happened to see the photographer with this group of people )
    Last edited by bja; 12th August 2003 at 05:45 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Very nice series!

  6. #6
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    ahha.. i like the last shot!!

    and to think i was at the EXACT same spots u were about a month ago...

    sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    On the streets where you live
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Hi bja,

    nice pix ...

    for the SOH view from the inside

    do you intend to have the reflections there ?

    If the reflections are not intended , perhaps can use a polarizer to remove the reflection

  8. #8

    Default

    Hi Sgt Pepper, jOhO and coca88

    Thanks for your comments!

    jOhO: yea that place is _beautiful_ man.... it was a pity the wedding picture not so sharp.... they were posing really nicely and it was still winter.... hahahaha they were screaming away when the wind blew at them

    coca88: the reflection is not intended actually but I thought that it's quite cool with the reflection :P Also, I think I'm already using circular polarizer :P

  9. #9

    Default

    nice shots

    most of the shots have the foreground underexposed .. would be better if you use gradual ND filter or wait for better lighting ( sunset or sunrise time ) ... and also to use polariser to cut down the sea reflection ..
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    nice shots

    most of the shots have the foreground underexposed .. would be better if you use gradual ND filter or wait for better lighting ( sunset or sunrise time ) ... and also to use polariser to cut down the sea reflection ..
    Hi megaweb.... thanks for your comments

    yea I realise that too and I actually use my circular polariser for most of the shots already..... and that was stacked on top of my skylight filter...
    you mean I should stack my ND filter on as well? or just use the ND filter only? I had the impression that the circular polariser would do the job as welll... or maybe I didn't turn the polariser enough....

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bja
    Hi megaweb.... thanks for your comments

    yea I realise that too and I actually use my circular polariser for most of the shots already..... and that was stacked on top of my skylight filter...
    you mean I should stack my ND filter on as well? or just use the ND filter only? I had the impression that the circular polariser would do the job as welll... or maybe I didn't turn the polariser enough....
    I see. You can see that the sun/sky is very bright and the foreground is dark or normal ... too much exposure difference tt cause your foreground become underexposed.

    u can
    - wait for better lighting ( like morning or evening time )
    - use a Gradual ND filter ( not ND )
    - try not to stack filters ..
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    I see. You can see that the sun/sky is very bright and the foreground is dark or normal ... too much exposure difference tt cause your foreground become underexposed.

    u can
    - wait for better lighting ( like morning or evening time )
    - use a Gradual ND filter ( not ND )
    - try not to stack filters ..
    oooo okay... thanks megaweb!! learnt something new again!
    will keep that in mind

  13. #13

    Default

    "...I hope the Pacific is as blue as I have seen in my dream, I hope..."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •