Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

  1. #61
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    1 person buy 8 -
    5 persons buy 40 liao..
    and if they selling those ticket away at 100 each.. wa piang that a lot of $
    Well I will not buy black market tickets ... am always against that kind of "capitalism" heh. anyway..will go bike around the area and see if I can find a "hole" to shoot through heheh.....

  2. #62
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    1pm bro....I got the confirmation from them via phone when I called earlier to double double double check about the walkabout tickets.
    Thanks, appreciate the info.

    ../azul123

  3. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    So no more walkabout for tomorrow also?

    I went down to Empress Place ticketing at 12:30pm also say sold out. Availables are grandstands.

    I wonder why they add all those black clothes... I mean, it's not for safety like the fences, why does it have to be there?
    ~~I have 2 bods... Nikon and Nokia
    ~~MyFlickr~MyDeviantart~MyFacebook

  4. #64

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    There's this good spot which although only have a view of a slowing bend and the accelerating F1 cars after that, there's a TV which is meant for the seats nearby which u can see easily and hence watch together with the actual car racings. It's right behind the Esplanade hawker centre, at the two raise platform area.

    Do come early though, as it would get real packed at the platform and at th surround area.
    Later will include a pic of this area in an edit
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  5. #65
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    Quote Originally Posted by chocmuffins View Post
    So no more walkabout for tomorrow also?

    I went down to Empress Place ticketing at 12:30pm also say sold out. Availables are grandstands.

    I wonder why they add all those black clothes... I mean, it's not for safety like the fences, why does it have to be there?
    Prevent those who did not pay from watching. I checked many places and it is the same in most part..It does nothing but just to stop you from viewing. You have to wonder how much money making will be enough before some freebies is given. And if they wanted to make more money then why did they not sell more walkabout tickets. Silly really. It was not even that crowded from what someone who went told me for the walkabout crowd.

  6. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Prevent those who did not pay from watching. I checked many places and it is the same in most part..It does nothing but just to stop you from viewing. You have to wonder how much money making will be enough before some freebies is given. And if they wanted to make more money then why did they not sell more walkabout tickets. Silly really. It was not even that crowded from what someone who went told me for the walkabout crowd.
    Have you seen link bridge between Suntec and Marina Square/Pan Pacific last night? It was very crowded that I got scared passing it. People are also watching dangerously from dirt slopes or standing on safety barriers / low walls. This is just waiting for accidents to happen.

    Crazy organizers...
    ~~I have 2 bods... Nikon and Nokia
    ~~MyFlickr~MyDeviantart~MyFacebook

  7. #67

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    Quote Originally Posted by chocmuffins View Post
    Have you seen link bridge between Suntec and Marina Square/Pan Pacific last night? It was very crowded that I got scared passing it. People are also watching dangerously from dirt slopes or standing on safety barriers / low walls. This is just waiting for accidents to happen.

    Crazy organizers...
    The bridge was closed until a lot of shouting at the police/organisers to open it. The queue on at the entrace of the suntec area and stretched into Marina Square and people were hurling abuses etc. I was afraid of a possible stampede as those on the bridge had no way to turn back if they want to and people behind were squeezing forward!!! Not sure if anyone stomped on this!

    As for walkabout vantage point, a few places to shoot without the fences, but the angle may not be the best.

    I'll probably just camp somewhere with a view of the TV screens and watch the race instead of worrying about shooting. Shooting was done and dusted during practice sesssions!

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    Quote Originally Posted by *********** View Post
    I'll probably just camp somewhere with a view of the TV screens and watch the race instead of worrying about shooting. Shooting was done and dusted during practice sesssions!
    Hey, I've got the same idea with you! Shoot on Thursday and Friday, enjoy the race from TV with aircon and roof. I hope it's raining tonight! Better race drama!
    ~~I have 2 bods... Nikon and Nokia
    ~~MyFlickr~MyDeviantart~MyFacebook

  9. #69

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    I gave a few hints to a prime location and i think quite a bit of you guys did not believe me but it made the news. the place was the tennis courts on the fourth floor marina square. friday i was there by myself, saturday there was a party and sunday i was there with about 20 other people.

    like i said earlier, it was completely overlooked by everyone from f1 to the mall management. the screens (wire fence) could open up but for safety purposes we left them closed but it did not affect picture quality at all.

    a few bros tried and i think they eventually got it because on sunday there were some new faces... anyways hope everyone enjoyed it.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyshot View Post
    I gave a few hints to a prime location and i think quite a bit of you guys did not believe me but it made the news. the place was the tennis courts on the fourth floor marina square. friday i was there by myself, saturday there was a party and sunday i was there with about 20 other people.

    like i said earlier, it was completely overlooked by everyone from f1 to the mall management. the screens (wire fence) could open up but for safety purposes we left them closed but it did not affect picture quality at all.

    a few bros tried and i think they eventually got it because on sunday there were some new faces... anyways hope everyone enjoyed it.
    Was there on Sunday nite (just a few hours ago) during the actual race and it was cordoned off by security leh? They put up white tape sealing the area off, saw security guard keep a lookout too.

  11. #71
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    29

    Default Re: Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Walkaround vantage points?

    Quote Originally Posted by happyshot View Post
    a few bros tried and i think they eventually got it because on sunday there were some new faces... anyways hope everyone enjoyed it.
    So, any good pics to share with us?
    ~~I have 2 bods... Nikon and Nokia
    ~~MyFlickr~MyDeviantart~MyFacebook

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •