View Poll Results: should photographers be standing on steps / ladders?

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 20.38%
  • No

    135 51.92%
  • doesn't bother

    72 27.69%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 179

Thread: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

  1. #41

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    I think bringing a ladder is just simply inconsiderate. What if one day everyone also bring ladder? Are you going to setup a 3 meters platform? I think organiser should just ban people from bring ladder to events.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Recently at Eastpoint, during the Miss Singapore World SemiFinals, there was a group of PGs who are standing right behind the judges (who are sitting down), and they actually stand on the ladders and block everyone behind.

    Why use a ladder when it is not necessary as there is no one blocking in front?
    They forget to bring their brains?

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,621

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Recently at Eastpoint, during the Miss Singapore World SemiFinals, there was a group of PGs who are standing right behind the judges (who are sitting down), and they actually stand on the ladders and block everyone behind.

    Why use a ladder when it is not necessary as there is no one blocking in front?

    Guess they wanted to be on viewfinder level shooting them contestants
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    I think bringing a ladder is just simply inconsiderate. What if one day everyone also bring ladder? Are you going to setup a 3 meters platform? I think organiser should just ban people from bring ladder to events.
    erm, any ladder gang people reading this?
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    If they want to be at a certain height when taking the pictures, fair enough. But they should stand back one row and leave a room for pple to stand in front, instead of hogging the front row with their ladders and block everyone behind.. If someone who came later wanna put a ladder and stand in front of them, they can politely tell the person that the space is for pple w/o ladders.

    Actually, the stage is only about 0.5m high.. just standing alone on the front row can easily get full body shots of the contestants w/o anyone blocking as the judges are all seated.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Guess they wanted to be on viewfinder level shooting them contestants

  6. #46

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Woohoo .... Lets bring out the TLC (Tables, Ladders and Chairs) ... Time to Rumble in WWE style. There is no point complaining here since most of the ppl who use ladders at event "WILL" still be using it. If not happy, then confront them on the spot. No point talking here where everyone still hid behind the monitor screen and jump or laughting or wondering over this.

  7. #47

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    ladder gang!

    oyay! small fly meet BIG FLY(whoever they are). fashion show shooters can form the great wall(ladder) of pg/sg; moi seldom shoot these, more on celebrities where hv to deal with raising hands taking photos, banners etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Recently at Eastpoint, during the Miss Singapore World SemiFinals, there was a group of PGs who are standing right behind the judges (who are sitting down), and they actually stand on the ladders and block everyone behind.

    Why use a ladder when it is not necessary as there is no one blocking in front?

    ya, dunno why. maybe dun want to shoot nostril hair(if any). there was 1 celebrity event that i reached so early that no one has arrived yet and so by right occupied the best possible front location but the stage was so near that in the end i stand at the last barricade and letting others to occupy my location.

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Woohoo .... Lets bring out the TLC (Tables, Ladders and Chairs) ... Time to Rumble in WWE style. There is no point complaining here since most of the ppl who use ladders at event "WILL" still be using it. If not happy, then confront them on the spot. No point talking here where everyone still hid behind the monitor screen and jump or laughting or wondering over this.

    yup. recently i was late for an event, so was standing quite far behind. when it's about to start, saw someone directly in front of me on a ladder but it was a bit too late to relocate. i cant complain anything since i still 'shamingly' noe the phrase 己所不欲,勿施于人. but then i wont tolerate someone later than me and then squeezing in in front of me.


    moi strive to be an "ethical ladder-er" by
    1) on 1st step instead of 2nd step of ladder(not sure will help)
    2) step down from ladder for a while(if got space to come down)
    3) helping my surrounding ppl to take photo
    4) letting my surrounding ppl used my ladder for a while
    5) if standing ard the middle of the crowds, and if the crowd thinned, maintained at current position, provided hv a good view.
    Nothing2C
    Nikon [D300, MB-D10, D80, Trinity, 85/1.4, 50/1.4, 18-200, SB-800]

  8. #48
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    The issue isn't so much of using or not using ladders, but how the ladder is being used.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    They should be banned.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  10. #50
    Member Marmbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    What sort of ladder should you use though?

    If they become more popular maybe Nikon and Canon will start making their own ladders. Who'd want to be seen using anything less than an L-Ladder then.

    :P
    Canon 5D mkii & 40D - 24-70 2.8 L - 50 1.8 II - 70-200 2.8 IS L - 580i & 580ii

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    talking of ladders, where can I get them? and roughly how much is one? those two step ones...
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

  12. #52

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavish View Post
    Nice postings..... some useful information sharing.To know more about printers & Publishers
    click [spam post edited]Print on demand[/URL]
    Err ... we are discussing the topic in the same frequency?
    Last edited by ortega; 25th June 2009 at 01:33 PM.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    They should be banned.
    agree with you! Security guard should just band people from bring such things into events.

  14. #54
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    talking of ladders, where can I get them? and roughly how much is one? those two step ones...
    You are planning to join the Ladder gang?

    The Stationary Store at the Funan 2nd floor should have those that might interest you.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    You are planning to join the Ladder gang?

    The Stationary Store at the Funan 2nd floor should have those that might interest you.
    oh, thanks a lot. but that stationary store generally is more ex... think I'll just pop by for a look...
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

  16. #56
    Member tainted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in Critterdom
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    why not use stilts instead?
    You can step over people and don't need to keep climbing down to shift position if the need arises.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    why not use stilts instead?
    You can step over people and don't need to keep climbing down to shift position if the need arises.
    woah... never thought of that...
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

  18. #58

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    The laddle clan wil never stand behind ,in fact they will set up their laddle in the front row and have no shame about it

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,621

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by strobby View Post
    The laddle clan wil never stand behind ,in fact they will set up their laddle in the front row and have no shame about it
    Er..you mean ladder and not laddle.Laddle is a kitchen tool where you scoop up soup
    or stir cooking in a pot.

    Anyway it's kinda common and in the norm to see photogs carrying them around to
    events nowadays..really can't do much.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  20. #60

    Default Re: Should photographers bring steps / ladders to events?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Er..you mean ladder and not laddle.Laddle is a kitchen tool where you scoop up soup
    or stir cooking in a pot.

    Anyway it's kinda common and in the norm to see photogs carrying them around to
    events nowadays..really can't do much.
    We, as a community should put pressure on them. If everytime they stand on ladder and block others, we shoot and post them on the net.

    Sooner or later, we MIGHT win.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •