Thread: quick quick look outside the window ... there is a ...

Default quick quick look outside the window ... there is a ...

red dot in the sky near the moon ...

its MARS

those with telescope can take it ...

oh ... am i too late for it ?

hey friends, is there a topic somewhere in this forum called something like "two moons on 27th Aug" ... ???? i couldnt find it in search forum ... coz now wanan get more info on it ...

no such thing as two moons on 27th aug lar

just that it is the day when Mars is nearest to the earth, so with a telescope, i should be able to see more details on the mars than ever before

Mars is red in colour and there is a white ice cap, wait i try to upload a pic of mars that i've taken last friday....
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Wai

just that it is the day when Mars is nearest to the earth, so with a telescope, i should be able to see more details on the mars than ever before

Mars is red in colour and there is a white ice cap, wait i try to upload a pic of mars that i've taken last friday....
    oh chey ... haha .. tot is two moons ... made me go n told all my friends abt it ... this time siao liao ...

anyway looking forward for those mars pics ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wai

go go go!

received in an email........

"This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars, an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the last 5,000 years but it may be as long as 60,000 years.

On August 27, Mars will come within 34,649,589 miles and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It
    will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye.

Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August, Mars will rise in the east at 10 p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3
    a.m. But by the end of August when these two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30 a.m. That's pretty convenient when it comes to seeing something that no human has seen in recorded history."

Quote Originally Posted by wacko

go go go!
    there you go...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=41868