Thread: Formula 1 Roads closure 23 SEP - 2 OCT 2008

Default Formula 1 Roads closure 23 SEP - 2 OCT 2008

Don't think there a specific topic on this. Today on leave, so tok go to Marina Sq for lunch and also pick up some reserved stuff....kanna detour. Then, realised the road closure actually come so early.

Here's the release from LTA

http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=2001

Some Highlights:-

4. A series of road closures affecting the Marina Centre area will take place from 20 September to 2 October 2008 to facilitate the setting up and dismantling of the race infrastructure.

8. Pedestrians can continue to access all the establishments in the Marina Centre area via the underground CityLink walkway, the existing surface walkways and pedestrian overhead bridges. Pedestrian access to all buildings will be maintained when the race is on-going. However, access to buildings within the Circuit Park, namely The Esplanade and Singapore Flyer, will be restricted to Formula OneTM ticket holders only when the race is on.

Maps and details that are available in Kioks, etc.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/doc/F1%20Brochure.pdf

Referring to Para 8. So, do you think that's still any chance for free peek and shooting? Not impossible but hard.....

Cheers!

Default Re: Formula 1 Roads closure 23 SEP - 2 OCT 2008

Cannot take it liao. Walked over to the F1 track with my Olympus 1030SW and had a jog around the track over at Marina SQ.

All pictures here are straight from the camera without any PP or cropping.

Here are the locations where all the shots were taken. Map taken from LTA website.

Last edited by cheeseme; 24th September 2008 at 06:29 PM.

Deregistered

Nice photos cheeseme.

May i ask how long did u spend on the track before you were asked to leave? I want to roll on the track too.
    Last edited by bovine; 24th September 2008 at 12:25 AM.

Want me to cover the City Hall portion also? BTW, saw some photographers going around also.

BTW, beside those probably are perm working staffs walking around the area, or going home; without those construction people setting up the place, some joggers, and F1 staffs, the whole place after nights fall is somehow like a deserted place, except the Pit Stop area perhaps.

Really pity those shops over there, especially Marina SQ. Happened to speak to some popular shops there. Believe it or not, some didn't even clock 1 bill today!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    Nice photos cheeseme.

May i ask how long did u spend on the track before you were asked to leave? I want to roll on the track too.
    Except for the PIT Stop area, perhaps not many people today, you are free to walk around OTOT. But please be very careful and stay along the side of the road. The working/construction people' vehicles are going around in all directions! (check out pic 04) Dun get knock down when u are composing your best shot.

Perhaps like me lor, just go there for jog. Think the whole circuit is only 5+ km. But I'm a slow runner, so didn't check out the city hall side.

Enjoy while you can!
    Last edited by cheeseme; 24th September 2008 at 06:27 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    Except for the PIT Stop area, perhaps not many people today, you are free to walk around OTOT. But please be very careful and stay along the side of the road. The working/construction people' vehicles are going around in all directions! (check out pic 04) Dun get knock down when u are composing your best shot.

Perhaps like me lor, just go there for jog. Think the whole circuit is only 3+ km. But I'm a slow runner, so didn't check out the city hall side.

Enjoy while you can!
    Hmm...maybe i'll go tomorrow night,as late as possible. Thanks for the info

Day and night should be no diff if you are not driving. The whole place is already closed till racing is over!

As you may realise, the lighting is very strong. All above pictures were just handheld, focus and shoot without any flash. So, I doubt Singapore's night landscape could stand out nicely except for aerial view. 6-7pm is perhaps the best timing, if want to catch some sunset light plus building light.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    Day and night should be no diff if you are not driving. The whole place is already closed till racing is over!

As you may realise, the lighting is very strong. All above pictures were just handheld, focus and shoot without any flash. So, I doubt Singapore's night landscape could stand out nicely except for aerial view. 6-7pm is perhaps the best timing, if want to catch some sunset light plus building light.
    Hmmm..thank you for your advice. I will heed ur timing suggestions.

Very good information there Cheeseme. Agree with you on construction workers...must be careful.

Thanks for sharing.

thanks for the very useful info cheeseme!
    - α7 | α6000 -

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    Hmmm..thank you for your advice. I will heed ur timing suggestions.
    Remember to share with us how's the access over there, if u really visit there this evening, 24th Sep. Hope it's just as open as yesterday.

Dun forget to share with us what you shoot huh.

For the first time the streets looks a little lonely like the movie Silent Hill or I Am Legend........looks eerie if there is totally nobody around.

Walked thru the tracks yesterday evening and still open. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. Hopefully it is still open later so I can take some pics.

. . . planning to make a quick round tonite as well to recce . . . hopefully it's still open
    - α7 | α6000 -