Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photography Rules/Laws in Singapore

Default Re: Photography Rules/Laws in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    "he pleaded guilty to charges of trespassing."
    so it is not illegal to take photos
    so he wasn't charged for TAKING THE VOYUERISTIC PHOTOS, only for trespassing.

hmmmm
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Me and my friend were entering Paya Lebar MRT last week,and my friend was having my DLSR in his hand. The security guard came up to us and said,you can keep camera in your hands but not to take any pics.

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    so he wasn't charged for TAKING THE VOYUERISTIC PHOTOS, only for trespassing.

hmmmm
    He was found with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), therefore he can't be legally charged (I think) as he is deemed mentally unstable. OCD is classified under major disorders.

In anycase, I seriously was not aware that shooting in public transports are illegal, now I must reconsider. I usually hold my camera out on the bus, I thought its the best place to shoot candids and landscapes actually. The road will almost always be in some kind of perspective and its free motion blur from the vehicles passing. No wonder I always get weird stares.

Anyway what consitutes Voyeurism anyway? Women nowadays wear near scanty apparrels. So is taking picture of them in their short skirts Voyeuring? (Not from under.) Say assuming that private areas were exposed.

I must go check out Vince's thread now.
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

I would shoot and run but then again no point getting in trouble! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyfana View Post
    I would shoot and run but then again no point getting in trouble! haha.
    haha if I shoot I don't have to run, I'd probably already be at least 100 meters away. But its just fun to shoot I guess sometimes but the pictures are not worth much after. Its like a sport?
    Looking for Canon 100mm F2 USM :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123