The road is long.........
The model's right hairline is blended into the shadow, losing some distinction. Also, lighting seemed a bit flat. I briefly ran it through PS and came up with this comparison
It's a rush job just for illustration, not exactly good. Also you have reduce the res by large margin. The difference is subtle as I am also exploring PS myself. The followings are the steps
1. Duplicate a copy (layer01), hide it and select background layer
2. Bump up background layer saturation to 10 (can adjust to liking, help in merging later)
3. Under "Exposure", adjust gama to 0.90 (needed to provide depth, help in merging later)
4. Now select Layer01 and make visible.
5. Use "shadow/highlight" tools, set only "Shadow"'s control, shadow to 50%, tonal width to 25 or 30
6. Use "Curve" and lower the high output value to about 220 (this reduce nmarginal contrast better than just using the brightness/contrast function)
7. Set the opacity to 60% for Layer01, make background visible and preview.
8. I did not make further adjustment from here, but you could re-adjust saturation or level to optimised on the final effect.
Above are just my 2 cents and there may be better solution from other PS expert. However, the best solution is to either lower your flash intensity, have a filler or reflector to the background or reposition your cameller or model to avoid the shadow blending. Your 2nd pic is good in that aspect.
....hope I don't mahlu myself with the above C&C.. kekekeke.. ..
Have you guys ever wonder if a comment or critique is not nicely done or eloquance, it should therefore, likewise, be condemned as well. For me, I will trufully tell him what I felt distasteful about his writing and "HOW HE CAN IMPROVE" as well..... or totally treat it as none existant... .invisible...not befitting...
My advise, if a critique or comments is issued on your post, do evaluate it's substance and intend and not accept or answer blindly... as it will urge the behaviour to continue unproductively.
why is everyone so hungry yesterday and today?
yesterday, went to my soya bean shop...my fav mayo tuna and mayo roasted chicken sandwiches all sold out..
today, my kebah beef/mutton sold out...
Ok... Teabreak time !!!
I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby
BBB Session Wed 24th Sep
Sim Lim OP 6pm onwards, after dinner BBB@Sheares Technologies
3) coolsigg (TBC)
4) DM ( Just kenar arrowd by family member to do sumtink! Sorry guys, catch up anoder timez yah?)
5) pckee (Will be there if no rain. reach around 6.30-6.45pm)