Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (29!) HUAT AH!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (29!) HUAT AH!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    just like kuytie
    by the way, it is dirty kite.

pls dun call him until so intimate like 'kuytie'. can really make me forgo lunch later.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    by the way, it is dirty kite.

pls dun call him until so intimate like 'kuytie'. can really make me forgo lunch later.
    orh sorry.. i didn't know only u can call him 'kuytie'

kuytie.....cheesy.....

i feel like puking.

actually the 2-1 score....pui pui pui!

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post

actually the 2-1 score....pui pui pui!
    sad right

then u see gooners win 6-0

even manCircle won 3-1

sad right

then u see gooners win 6-0

even manCircle won 3-1
    real sad.....

back to same old story....

but somehow....we tend to do things the very very hard way...

1. on route to winning the last big years...almost could not make it to the knockout stage.
    2. on the final.....3 goals down by halftime
    3. on route to FA cup final....beat who in 3rd round by 4-3
    4. and in the final need last min SG goal to draw level and needed penalties to win.

real sad.....

back to same old story....

but somehow....we tend to do things the very very hard way...

1. on route to winning the last big years...almost could not make it to the knockout stage.
    2. on the final.....3 goals down by halftime
    3. on route to FA cup final....beat who in 3rd round by 4-3
    4. and in the final need last min SG goal to draw level and needed penalties to win.
    so... it is never easy to b a LFC fan.

PENNANT HOPES FOR MORE CHANCES

Jermaine Pennant is hopeful he can force his way back into contention for a regular place in Liverpool's starting line-up after an impressive performance in their 2-1 Carling Cup win over Crewe.

Pennant was a constant menace on the right flank and delivered the cross for Lucas to score the winning goal after Daniel Agger's free-kick had given Liverpool the lead on Tuesday night.

The 25-year-old winger had been linked with a move away from Anfield before the transfer window closed but is now determined to fight for his place.

Pennant said: "It is very frustrating to know that you've been a playing such big part of the team and all of a sudden you are in the shadows but that's the manager's choice and you just have to get on with it.

"If you get your chance you have to make the most of it and when teams come to Anfield it's their cup final so it can be difficult.

"We have got a lot of strength in the squad which is why it is so hard to get in the team so I'll keep plugging away and see what happens.

"It was nice to play a game - whether it's the Carling Cup or any game it's good to get a run out I and enjoyed every minute of it.

"It gives another us chance to play another game and if the draw is good we can go further in the competition."

Manager Rafael Benitez confirmed that Philipp Degen was withdrawn after he broke two ribs in the match and was replaced by Jamie Carragher.

Benitez also admitted he was pleased to give the emerging talents of Emiliano Insua, Nabil El Zhar and Damien Plessis a chance to shine at Anfield.

"It was good to see some young players and it is important for their confidence," Benitez said.

"Clearly to see how the young players do against stronger players is very important and also to see how they perform against these types of teams.

"I think that we have a lot of young players who did well today - their work-rate was good.

"They competed really well, it was a good test and it also allows us to rest some of the senior players."

Crewe first-team coach Steve Holland was proud of the way the Coca-Cola League One outfit acquitted themselves.

"There was a mass brawl to get Fernando Torres' shirt afterwards but overall I think they didn't show any signs of nerves on the night," he added.

"We acquitted ourselves well - we stuck to our game plan and could have even have nicked an equaliser at the end with a couple of late chances."

Next game against Everlose... remember what happened last season for the same fixture??

Liverpool beat Everlose thanks to 2 goals by Dirk Kuyt!!! both from the penalty spot

Next game against Everlose... remember what happened last season for the same fixture??

Liverpool beat Everlose thanks to 2 goals by Dirk Kuyt!!! both from the penalty spot
    Rather my most interesting moment i remember is phil neville dive and 1 hand save of the goal bound goal.

so... it is never easy to b a LFC fan.

ever since 1976, it was never easy...except the year Dalglish took over as player manager.....unbeaten for 30 + games....and the league was won moons earlier ....tt was the doubles year...rgiht ???

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Rather my most interesting moment i remember is phil neville dive and 1 hand save of the goal bound goal.
    i remember Stevie G looking shocked when he was replaced by Lucas

ever since 1976, it was never easy...except the year Dalglish took over as player manager.....unbeaten for 30 + games....and the league was won moons earlier ....tt was the doubles year...rgiht ???
    kenny dalglish took over time, already goin abit on downhill.

top players were not being replaced by top youngsters.

then kenny suddenly say he sian liao n left us after last game of season buang against gooners at Anfield, then graeme souness took over...

all buang from then onwards.

never recover.

PENNANT HOPES FOR MORE CHANCES

got dirty kite, where got chance?

then kenny suddenly say he sian liao n left us after last game of season buang against gooners at Anfield, then graeme souness took over...

never recover.

u r right. King Kenny cannot bear to drop and kick out his teammates and buddies mah
    he is too nice a guy and as a result, we were left behind... souness suay to takeover and worse still, think he was not given money to sign players

souncess also.....poor buys...

but there were 2 good youngest that came up from the crop......Mac and God

never recover

never recover.

eh.. it was Kenny Dalglish who brought in the likes of John Barnes, Beardsley and John Aldrige... i think he was also the one that signed Redknapp

eh.. it was Kenny Dalglish who brought in the likes of John Barnes, Beardsley and John Aldrige... i think he was also the one that signed Redknapp
    when Dalglish left the squad was a bit ah pek liao.. but still Souness could have build on that but he brought in rubbish players and worse still he could not get along with the players. Tactically he was really larbish..

but that's all in the past liao lah... now we have Rafa and Kuyt.. this is gonna be our season!!!

Sorry to say this, but Liverpool went downhill because a big part of it was due to the Heysel Stadium disaster. They were banned from European competition for a further 2 years even after the ban was lifted for the English clubs. Without competing in the European Cup, there wasn't any money to spend on the players. One might say that the prize money was meagre compared to now, but than again the price of players back then weren't that expensive either.

The Hillsborough disaster was another setback for the Reds. Can you imagine the psychological scars imprinted on the players? No clubs can recover just like that. Just see Man U, how long did Man U recover after the Munich disaster?

Of course if the Heysel incident didn't happen, we might not have been lamenting the form of Liverpool right now. But then again, we will never know. We can only hope that Liverpool starts winning the league again.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast