Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (29!) HUAT AH!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (29!) HUAT AH!

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 11pts
    2). domdomino 7pts
    3). boresome 7pts
    4). zhapchit 5pts
    5). blazer workz 5pts
    6). canew 4pt
    7). jfoo 4pt
    8). Taurean 4pts
    9). airfins 2pts
    10). cheesecake 2pts
    11). roDz 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). kelccm 1pt

27/09/08

Everlose vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!
    Not-so-Goodi-Son Park (Away fixture)

1245pm( England time)

1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!(TORRES, TORRES! - basket, u beta score!) crazy cheesecake
    2). 3-0 Liverpool wins (Keane, Torres) Goondu
    3). 3-2 Liverpool Win (Keane, Torres) blazer_workz
    4). 3-1 Liverpool Wins! (Dirty Kite, Rubbish King) kelccm
    5). 3-1 Liverpool wins! (1st.: D. Kuyt, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew.
    6). 1-0 Liverpool win (Riera) zhapchit
    7). 3-1 Liverpool wins (Riera, Torres) airfins
    8). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS! (Torres, Babel) Taurean
    9). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (KUYT) roDz...
    10). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) boresome
    11). 2-1 Liverpool WIN (Gerrard, Keane) jfoo

bro jfoo so busy lately ah

hardly post!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    bro jfoo so busy lately ah

hardly post!
    got check once in a while but really beeeesi. will beeeeesi for a while more.

Deregistered

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 11pts
    2). domdomino 7pts
    3). boresome 7pts
    4). zhapchit 5pts
    5). blazer workz 5pts
    6). canew 4pt
    7). jfoo 4pt
    8). Taurean 4pts
    9). airfins 2pts
    10). cheesecake 2pts
    11). roDz 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). kelccm 1pt

27/09/08

Everlose vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!
    Not-so-Goodi-Son Park (Away fixture)

1245pm( England time)

1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!(TORRES, TORRES! - basket, u beta score!) crazy cheesecake
    2). 3-0 Liverpool wins (Keane, Torres) Goondu
    3). 3-2 Liverpool Win (Keane, Torres) blazer_workz
    4). 3-1 Liverpool Wins! (Dirty Kite, Rubbish King) kelccm
    5). 3-1 Liverpool wins! (1st.: D. Kuyt, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew.
    6). 1-0 Liverpool win (Riera) zhapchit
    7). 3-1 Liverpool wins (Riera, Torres) airfins
    8). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS! (Torres, Babel) Taurean
    9). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (KUYT) roDz...
    10). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) boresome
    11). 2-1 Liverpool WIN (Gerrard, Keane)
    12). 2-0 Liverpool WIN ! (Babel , Torres ) domdomino

Keane eager to break duck in Mersyside derby

Robbie Keane hopes Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will give him a chance to register his first goal in a red shirt in the 208th Merseyside derby on Saturday.

The 28-year-old has yet to find the net for Liverpool in nine competitive appearances since his 20million switch from Tottenham Hotspur in the summer.

Keane has been on the bench for two of the last three matches but is optimistic Benitez will hand him a starting place for his first derby against Everton at Goodison Park.

"I think every player wants to be involved in big games and they don't come any bigger than Everton against Liverpool," Keane said.

"Playing against Everton is something that I'm really looking forward to. As a player you always want to play in games like this and I've been involved in a few derbies in my time.

"The north London derby with Arsenal while I was with Tottenham was fantastic and I'm sure this will be no different - and even better.

"It's the first one of the season so I think everyone is looking forward to it - especially me."

The omens are good for the Republic of Ireland striker, who scored a hat-trick against the Toffees back in 2003 while the previous incumbent of the number seven shirt - Harry Kewell - registered his first goal against the team across Stanley Park.

Keane though is wary of threat posed by David Moyes' side, who come into the fixture on the back of a third round Carling Cup exit at the hands of Blackburn.

"People say Everton are always a very physical side, and yes they are physical but they have attacking players who can go forward and score goals," Keane told the club's website, liverpoolfc.tv.

"They have players who like to play good football like Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill and Leon Osman, so it will be a tough game and they look like a really solid unit too.

"Tottenham got quite a few good results against them while I was there, so hopefully that will be the same this time around with Liverpool.

"I think everything goes out the window with derbies. Form can give you confidence how you play, but things will be different because it will be two teams fighting for local pride on Saturday.

"My experience of derby games has taught me that each match is always completely different - no matter how well you've been doing in the league or how good the team you're playing against is."

Benitez is reported to be interested in signing Sao Paolo defender Aislan - but is only likely to pursue the player if the 20-year-old Brazilian qualifies for a work permit.

KUYT HIGHLIGHTS DERBY IMPORTANCE

Dirk Kuyt believes Liverpool will be well on the way to a successful season if they beat Everton in Saturday's derby.

Liverpool are still unbeaten in all competitions, despite manager Rafael Benitez claiming they are not yet playing to their full potential.

Kuyt, who scored two penalties to win the corresponding away fixture last season, said: "If we win at Goodison Park we will have made a really good start to the season.

"We will have beaten Manchester United and Everton and enjoyed other good results home and away.

"A lot of positive things have happened so far this season so there is nothing gained by being negative.

"We wanted a good start to the season and so far we've had one. Now we have to keep going and keep winning games."

Kuyt has only scored once in the league since that 2-1 win at Everton last season, and has gone 10 months without a goal in the Premier League.

But the Holland international is determined to retain his positive approach, saying: "That victory was a real highlight of my career here so far.

"I had never taken two penalties in a game before, and certainly not in a big derby with one of them being in the last minute to win the game.

"You can look back now and talk about how important that moment was and how much pressure was on me, but at the time all I was focusing on was scoring the goal.

"It was an unbelievable game and for me to score the two goals was really special.

"These games are always different but I think the important thing is to enjoy them. You sometimes don't get too many opportunities in your career to play in these kind of matches so you should make the most of them.

"It's a really important game for us and we know what it means for the fans. We had two good results against Everton last season so hopefully we can do the same again."

With Fernando Torres and Robbie Keane also struggling for goals this season, Kuyt has the full support of his manager, as Benitez insists the Dutchman is a player for the major occasion.

Benitez said: "With Dirk, you know he can get goals.

"He proved last season there that he can handle the pressure in big games, and he can do that again.

"He has a habit of scoring important goals for us. Just look at his Champions League record.

"I am sure that if he continues to work as hard as he does, and his work-rate is amazing, then his rewards will come."

MOYES READY FOR `AGGRESSIVE` REDS

David Moyes claims Liverpool and not Everton are more likely to dole out the aggressive treatment in Saturday's Merseyside derby.

The famous fixture has seen 16 red cards distributed during the Premier League era - more than any other match.

And despite Everton having received 10 of those - including the dismissals of both Tony Hibbert and Phil Neville during Liverpool's turbulent 2-1 win last season - Moyes believes Rafael Benitez's side will be the more physical side on Saturday.

The Everton manager used the recent comments of Sir Alex Ferguson following Manchester United's 2-1 defeat at Anfield earlier this month as justification for his claim.

Ferguson claimed his side were outmuscled after Liverpool came from a goal down to beat his team and give Benitez his first win over United as Liverpool manager.

Moyes has backed up his fellow Scot and accused Liverpool of "crying" foul over Everton's style of play when it is in fact they who look to get more "stuck in".

He said: "They have been games that have been hotly contested and I am sure this one will be as well.

"I think in the main, the team that has got stuck in is Liverpool.

"They have been very aggressive, I think Alex Ferguson said that the other week about their style at the moment.

"They are a very tough team so I think it is Liverpool who cry that rather than Everton.

"Maybe you are speaking to the wrong manager."

Despite his strong words, Moyes also praised Everton's rivals and he believes Liverpool's local element is the driving force behind Benitez's outfit.

"They are a quality side and I think I would single out Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard," he added.

"They are the heartbeat of Liverpool, I think they know what it's about and I am not just talking about derbies but in general.

"They are the heart and soul of the club and because they are local lads as well so they know what it means."

Everton fans will not be buoyed by Moyes' frank admission that his squad is suffering a collective dip in confidence following their recent performances.

His side have failed to keep a clean sheet this season - or pick up a single point at home in the Premier League - and they crashed out of the Carling Cup in the week following a defeat against Blackburn.

But Moyes is convinced the lack of confidence is only temporary and he is determined to help his squad through it.

Moyes said: "I would be lying if I said we were bumbling and brimming with [confidence].

"But my job is to put that right and you have to be prepared at times to take risks.

"There will be periods of low confidence at any football club - you have to be ready for them.

"My job as manager is to find the solutions and get us the results and raise that confidence which will lead to better performances."

Moyes has urged the home crowd to get behind his team, but not to the extent that their support manifests itself as abuse.

"I think a derby is very important because they are great for any city," he said.

"I come from Glasgow so I know what they are like but I think there is a limit to what the chanting should be.

"I hope both sets of supporters will be well behaved but what we want is a fantastic atmosphere because that is what makes derbies great."

with mike riley as ref,we can expect another game full of cards juz like chelski v manure...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    with mike riley as ref,we can expect another game full of cards juz like chelski v manure...

give all to the home team please

on Standby! but i m still ready for LFC!!

Deregistered

i hope i dont loose too much blood .

need standby E-Pack incase i kena Heart Attack from the match.

can't wait for the match.. hope either Keane or Torres will score.. from an Kuytie assist of cos

hope phil neville will play as gk again.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    hope phil neville will play as gk again.

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    can't wait for the match.. hope either Keane or Torres will score.. from an Kuytie assist of cos
    i can see myself being recalled jus abt now.

Super save

My supporting days dated back during the late 70s... yeah, i noe i'm old..

Well, i'm not pessimistic, just that i have wished for many seasons that they need to maintain their consistency, something which they didn't have in the past. Like the hokkien dialect direct translation, 3 days wind 4 days rain.

And i really want to be proven wrong this season, and stuff my mouth with the premier league trophy.

Come on rafa, liv'pool, prove me wrong!!

anyone wants their mouth to be stuffed with Kuytie's boots ?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    anyone wants their mouth to be stuffed with Kuytie's boots ?
    Hmm... socks should be a better choice, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i can see myself being recalled jus abt now.
    So early must be KAH!!!

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast