Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (29!) HUAT AH!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (29!) HUAT AH!

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    chelski drew with manure at home only...we beat the hell out of manure...where got no up? pulis howlien coz he was lucky Gerrard goal disallowed,if not sure stoke got thrashing...
    of cos he will say chelsea is a tougher test. i dun think he want to psych up the chelsea players before the match by saying stoke can pull off another shock result. just psychological battle only lah..

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    of cos he will say chelsea is a tougher test. i dun think he want to psych up the chelsea players before the match by saying stoke can pull off another shock result. just psychological battle only lah..
    yeah lah,like buying insurance...if lose...thats what expected...if another draw...then pulis will think hes a master tactician...he'll park his whole team in the penalty box for sure...

must be happy lah...we were worst off last season than now... though i think everton will provide us a sterner test than manure...but will be a more open game than stoke...
    yeah it's gonna be more difficult than manure.. manure probably came to Anfield thinking they could get free points again.. but they probably did not expect the kind of hard work put in by the likes of Keane, Masche and Kuyt who went chasing down every ball.. they just could not deal with it.

toffees gonna be difficult.. hopefully torres and keane can finally get their act together.. Cahill has been in some good form lately it's gonna be full of action

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 11pts
    2). domdomino 7pts
    3). boresome 7pts
    4). zhapchit 5pts
    5). blazer workz 5pts
    6). canew 4pt
    7). jfoo 4pt
    8). Taurean 4pts
    9). airfins 2pts
    10). cheesecake 2pts
    11). roDz 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). kelccm 1pt

27/09/08

Everlose vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!
    Not-so-Goodi-Son Park (Away fixture)

1245pm( England time)

1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!(TORRES, TORRES! - basket, u beta score!) crazy cheesecake
    2). 3-0 Liverpool wins (Keane, Torres) Goondu
    3). 3-2 Liverpool Win (Keane, Torres) blazer_workz
    4). 3-1 Liverpool Wins! (Dirty Kite, Rubbish King) kelccm
    5). 3-1 Liverpool wins! (1st.: D. Kuyt, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew.
    6). 1-0 Liverpool win (Riera) zhapchit
    7). 3-1 Liverpool wins (Riera, Torres) airfins
    8). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS! (Torres, Babel) Taurean
    9). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (KUYT) roDz...

yeah lah,like buying insurance...if lose...thats what expected...if another draw...then pulis will think hes a master tactician...he'll park his whole team in the penalty box for sure...
    in any case.. i'm hoping they will at least pull off a draw again

yeah it's gonna be more difficult than manure.. manure probably came to Anfield thinking they could get free points again.. but they probably did not expect the kind of hard work put in by the likes of Keane, Masche and Kuyt who went chasing down every ball.. they just could not deal with it.

toffees gonna be difficult.. hopefully torres and keane can finally get their act together.. Cahill has been in some good form lately it's gonna be full of action
    i think this game will be a cracker...plenty of hard tackling & maybe cards...

in any case.. i'm hoping they will at least pull off a draw again
    if they play the way they played against us...they might sneak a goal on the counter...i remember they had a player who was able to get free but shot wide against us... but i think chelski will win this one...

if they play the way they played against us...they might sneak a goal on the counter...i remember they had a player who was able to get free but shot wide against us... but i think chelski will win this one...
    Chelsea need to be careful of the monstrous throw ins from Rory Delap...

Chelsea need to be careful of the monstrous throw ins from Rory Delap...
    we were fortunate our field dont have plenty of space for delap to run & throw...& reina did well on 1-2 occasions...

Alex old fogey got scared by a balloon

Fellow Reds

Live Match Gathering: Everton v Liverpool Sat 27 Sep 19:45 Harry's @ Chijmes

So, here we go again, the 128,000th Merseyside derby, of which Everton have won three (OK, so that's not strictly correct but close enough!). There was a time when this was a most jolly affair, with fellow scousers sharing banter, space, and if really lucky, wives. Win or lose, everyone went home happy to scouseland. Unfortunately this is no longer the case, with Everton blaming Liverpool for everything from Heysel to Hurricane Katrina. The result? A nasty, spiteful and wonderfully entertaining fixture.

The so called 'Peoples' Club' have made an uninspiring start to their season, and David Moyes' celebrated red hair is rapidly fading to grey. Added to that is their farcical on/off move to Tescoville which sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it? However, you can bet that they'll be up for this one.

On Liverpool's part, the old doubts have resurfaced after a sluggish and uninspiring draw against the Stokies. Rafa needs a win here to get the reds back on track, and more importantly to keep in touch with the leaders.

East of Anfield will of course be gathering at Harry's @ Chijmes to watch the game unfold. We'll be doing a quiz, so come on down and show us how much you know about our club, a bucket of Carlsberg to the winner, and if you fancy getting up and giving us a song (a Liverpool song that is!) they'll be beers on hand for that too. And don't forget we'll also be running the first goal time competition as well in aid of Balestier Special School. So make sure you get down there early, stock up on beers and get ready for the latest clash of blue and red!

YNWA

East of Anfield

next time, manu play away, the home fans all bring balloons

Fellow Reds

Live Match Gathering: Everton v Liverpool Sat 27 Sep 19:45 Harry's @ Chijmes

So, here we go again, the 128,000th Merseyside derby, of which Everton have won three (OK, so that's not strictly correct but close enough!). There was a time when this was a most jolly affair, with fellow scousers sharing banter, space, and if really lucky, wives. Win or lose, everyone went home happy to scouseland. Unfortunately this is no longer the case, with Everton blaming Liverpool for everything from Heysel to Hurricane Katrina. The result? A nasty, spiteful and wonderfully entertaining fixture.

The so called 'Peoples' Club' have made an uninspiring start to their season, and David Moyes' celebrated red hair is rapidly fading to grey. Added to that is their farcical on/off move to Tescoville which sounds vaguely familiar, doesn't it? However, you can bet that they'll be up for this one.

On Liverpool's part, the old doubts have resurfaced after a sluggish and uninspiring draw against the Stokies. Rafa needs a win here to get the reds back on track, and more importantly to keep in touch with the leaders.

East of Anfield will of course be gathering at Harry's @ Chijmes to watch the game unfold. We'll be doing a quiz, so come on down and show us how much you know about our club, a bucket of Carlsberg to the winner, and if you fancy getting up and giving us a song (a Liverpool song that is!) they'll be beers on hand for that too. And don't forget we'll also be running the first goal time competition as well in aid of Balestier Special School. So make sure you get down there early, stock up on beers and get ready for the latest clash of blue and red!

YNWA

East of Anfield
    will be watching at the comfort of my livingroom,now that i have cable again...

kena by his own coach. SABO!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

will be watching at the comfort of my livingroom,now that i have cable again...
    wa... so expensive nowadays.

heard they gonna raise the $$ again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

what u expect from starsuck?
    suck our $
    and they become starhuat

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

what to do..want to keep the children & mdm quiet...

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    what u expect from starsuck?
    suck our $
    and they become starhuat
    moonhuat!

hehehee

good thing i stopped for 1yr!!

Let's get ready to GUESS GUESS GUESS!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and haf listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

League Table

1). grumpy 11pts
    2). domdomino 7pts
    3). boresome 7pts
    4). zhapchit 5pts
    5). blazer workz 5pts
    6). canew 4pt
    7). jfoo 4pt
    8). Taurean 4pts
    9). airfins 2pts
    10). cheesecake 2pts
    11). roDz 1pt
    12). dfstan 1pt
    13). kelccm 1pt

27/09/08

Everlose vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!
    Not-so-Goodi-Son Park (Away fixture)

1245pm( England time)

1). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS!!(TORRES, TORRES! - basket, u beta score!) crazy cheesecake
    2). 3-0 Liverpool wins (Keane, Torres) Goondu
    3). 3-2 Liverpool Win (Keane, Torres) blazer_workz
    4). 3-1 Liverpool Wins! (Dirty Kite, Rubbish King) kelccm
    5). 3-1 Liverpool wins! (1st.: D. Kuyt, Last: S. Gerrard) Canew.
    6). 1-0 Liverpool win (Riera) zhapchit
    7). 3-1 Liverpool wins (Riera, Torres) airfins
    8). 2-1 LIVERPOOL WINS! (Torres, Babel) Taurean
    9). 1-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (KUYT) roDz...
    10). 2-0 LIVERPOOL WIN! (Torres, Torres) boresome

BENITEZ HAPPY TO UNLEASH GERRARD

Rafael Benitez wants the local passion of Steven Gerrard to drive Liverpool to Merseyside derby glory on Saturday, insisting his skipper is "indestructible."

And that is even though the Liverpool manager admitted he substituted Gerrard last season at Goodison Park because he was "showing too much passion".

Now Benitez expects to see Gerrard show a more mature approach to the 208th showdown between Liverpool and Everton, and to cap his display with the 100th goal of his Anfield career.

A Liverpool victory would not only extend their record of losing only two of their last 10 derby visits to Goodison, but also equal their best-ever Premier League start to a season after six games.

And Benitez knows Gerrard will be the key to maintaining the club's unbeaten start to the campaign.

He said: "It was a pity that Steven was denied his 100th goal for Liverpool against Stoke, but that I am sure will only motivate him more to score against Everton.

"Especially in a derby, it would be fantastic for him to get that goal, and I believe he can.

"He is always important to us. But more so in these type of games when local players are involved. Everyone knows he is key to us, and in this game more so.

"He can change games, win games and if he is not playing well he can still score and win matches for us.

"If he is playing well he is indestructible. He has the mentality and passion for these games and he is important to all the other players."

Liverpool completed the double over Everton last season, and have lost only two of their last 17 meetings with their neighbours.

But Benitez is looking beyond this local skirmish as he hopes Liverpool can continue to improve.

He said: "We have started the season well. We are improving, but only at 60 per cent of our potential at the moment. If we keep improving we will get closer to what we want.

"I know that last season at Goodison Park I took Steven off because maybe he was playing with too much passion. At that point we needed to keep possession against 10 men, we needed to keep control.

"That was the idea. And it was Lucas - who came on and was calmer and more relaxed - who was able to create our winner. That was an important decision for the team, something I had to do. Maybe this time it will be Steven who wins the game for us."

He added: "You have to control your passion to win the game, to control yourself physically as well as mentally.

"The game is similar to when we play Manchester United. But then we know it is against one of the top teams and we are competing to be at the top of the table.

"With Everton it is all about us being neighbours, the games are similar, but not the same.

"As for Steven, he is one of four or five local players involved. They all understand and want to show their passion on the pitch, they want to give something back to the fans."

While Gerrard is aiming for his century of goals for the club, new signing Robbie Keane is still searching for his first after nine appearances.

Benitez said: "We are not worried about Robbie not having scored yet for us. He has a good record against Everton, so it would be just perfect for Gerrard to score his 100th in this game and for Robbie to break his duck.

"I have very good memories of our double over them last season, it was exciting for me and for the fans.

"But always we only want to win, whoever it is against. We want this three points to put us top of the table but I realise that this is special for the fans."

Referee Mike Riley can expect a busy afternoon. There have been seven red cards in the last seven meetings between the clubs and 16 in 32 Premier League clashes.

Benitez added: "There have been a lot of red cards in these games, and that is because players are under pressure. But the longer it goes on, these players mature and are able to handle the situation better.

"I only enjoy it if we win. Beforehand and during the match it can be very difficult.

"You can see that with the way people talk to you around the city in the build-up. All week I have had fans, from an old woman to young children, all calling out to me to say how much they want us to win."

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast