Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rubbish @ Boon Lay Interchange.

Default Re: Rubbish @ Boon Lay Interchange.

Littering is a national pastime. LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i am not defending them per se, as a problem, its up to anyone to view that problem from any perspective. you chose yours & stuck to it. i just have a different take on this issue. is it so costly to have a few more closer to where they gather to unwind?

i foresee that a group (of say 10), would make females (local, or foreign of any age) rather uneasy, & would raise a safety concern just by their presence in the interchange itself. no?
    You need 10 foreign workers just to throw rubbish?

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    You need 10 foreign workers just to throw rubbish?
    since when its about my needs?

With the increase in rubbish won't we needs more cleaners.......am I right to think part of my income tax $$$ goes out to paying for them?
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    With the increase in rubbish won't we needs more cleaners.......am I right to think part of my income tax $$$ goes out to paying for them?
    Yes, you are correct. So will putting up more trash bins, and maintenance as well. The way I see it, there should be sufficient trash bins.

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    So, from this one example you conclude all FT's (ok, all FT blue collar workers) are all thieves and should be looked down upon and treated as such?

So, in the same manner, if a Singaporean is stealing, are you going to say that all Singapore blue collar workers are thieves and should be looked down upon and treated as such?

Man, haven't you learned there are good bad apples everywhere?

HS

Re: PSA Building invaded by laptop doers.
    Originally Posted by hongsien
    Many youth in developed world nowadays are so selfish! Some don't even want to share the table with you even when the whole place is full!

HS

First you said this.
    Later when someone said students are from PRC, you said something very different.
    LOL

[quote=hongsien;3671779]Does it matter where they come from? It happens also with Singaporeans, would you have posted the same thing if it were?

QUOTE=hongsien;3671923]PSA bldg has got aircon.......

Ya local cannot commit mistake only FT can

Upz for FT

i have worked with them (native Indians, Chinese & Thai) before, a softer approach works far more effective than breathing down their necks. they view hardnosed tactics as a form of snobbery (sentiment echoed by those who returned unscathed but complained about flight delays as an example). follow local "rules" & social norms? 1st lead by example.
    For Thai, soft approach can still be effective. But not for native Indian & Chinese.
    I also work with native Indian & Chinese, my mode of handling is Hard & Soft approach applie together.

Please read today ST page A21, "Fired workers bash Indian CEO to death".
    The India's Labour Minister, in controversial remarks, decribed the killing of the company
    boss by his former workers as a lesson to other employers to treat their staff better.

The CEO should learn & applies your soft approach so he can live longer.

Jukon

Typical bangalas. No wonder the usual protest for the re-housing.
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    For Thai, soft approach can still be effective. But not for native Indian & Chinese.
    I also work with native Indian & Chinese, my mode of handling is Hard & Soft approach applie together.

Please read today ST page A21, "Fired workers bash Indian CEO to death".
    The India's Labour Minister, in controversial remarks, decribed the killing of the company
    boss by his former workers as a lesson to other employers to treat their staff better.

The CEO should learn & applies your soft approach so he can live longer.

Jukon

the way a report is singled out & blown out of proportion does not mean any national can be typecasted. for that isolated incident the whole nation's population gets stereotyped?

the report focused only on the violent outcome, but whatever lead up to that, its anyone's guess. there was a report of a shooting spree in Finland in today's ST newspapers too, what are you going to label them as?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    As in my HDB lifts, I alway XXXX and scream at the FT maids & workers when they left the rubbish in the lifts.
    your hard & soft approach boils down to that? if the need to XXXX and scream is becoming too common then you may not be the ideal person for the task. better get somebody else or not do anything yourself. to make matters worse...
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 25th September 2008 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    Typical bangalas. No wonder the usual protest for the re-housing.
    your post reeks of racism and bigotry.

Come on guys, everyone IS a little bit racist, there's no avoiding that, but we need do need to realise that openly displaying such a degree of bigotry is unacceptable.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

First of all, why is this racist matter a hot topic??

When my friend my PRC told me that Singaporeans are "People from a small country with an even small heart", i disagreed with her. Now i understand some part of it is true.

Why cant you people do your part of the job. When you see someone doing wrong against the society, instead of trying to correct that person by giving counseling or even giving punishment for repeated incidents, you guys first want to find out his nationality then decide upon the action to be taken. Why be so racist and discriminative.

FTs who come from different countries have been raised under different culture and rules, so unless they are change their habits they do the same when they are here.

Does anybody hear from the FTs talking bad things about Singaporean culture?? I have heard a lot, those things Singaporeans take pride in talking about, but other developed and developing nations laugh about it. Example, Singlish speaking, ERP system everywhere, fine system etc etc. Nobody like to live in a jail and boast about the good things they are provided inside the jail.

Just think about from their side. These FTs are not here to loot your our money or women, they are here to earn their living for their family by working hard. If Singaporeans don't want FTs to work here, I would appreciate the people who support this idea to do their job as cleaners, sweepers and construction workers. FTs can always find job in another country where are treated better.

Be a HUMAN first, then be a Singaporean or anybody. Don't be a racist and talk about racial harmony all along.

I have seen many Singaporean uncle's spitting on the streets and inside the buses, which FTs won't dare to do. Even at traffic light crossings, it is mostly the Singaporeans who cross at a Red light more than any FTs. Then we can say that we learned it from FTs who did that first. I would say, you are at the wrong side to follow a wrong person. You could have corrected him, rather than following him.

Everybody need to do their little part to build up a nation, and dont leave everything to the Govt to do the cleaning of your mess. Singapore Govt is doing their best to help you people by importing foreign workers, bcos you are too lazy to sweet it out in the sun. You all want to sit in Aricon office from 9-5 only 5 days and earn 3K a month. Still you want to blame the govt for not giving Hang Bao.

Please be mature and think wisely.

Thanks.

Don't create racial discrimination here in ClubSnap.

Littering by inconsiderate foreign workers on a large scale, no question about it. The law needs to be applied onto these people as how they are applied to Singaporeans. There is absolutely no necessity to defend the actions of these inconsiderate foreign workers.

Seriously, I don't really care where they come from, locals or not.

The trash left behind at the mentioned place is really horrendous! I walk home from the bus interchange every weekend and HAVE to bypass there. It is always filled with litter, it smells really bad and it attracts rats (seen them scurrying one too many times).

For those who keep saying things like "locals also litter wat..." come to boon lay every weekend and see for yourself...Its different story if you see the pictures in the comfort of your own home rather than walking past the rubbish weekly. Don't compare local caused incidents with the boon lay thing. Measures have been actively done to a certain extent to curb or prevent such behaviours, but the boon lay incident has almost no prevention been carried out.

I believe and hope that the relevant authorities can ACTUALLY do something about it, like putting up more rubbish bins in the vicinity / NEA patrols / signboards etc... Interestingly, a large "Don't litter" signboard is put up right outside the mrt station, but in the background...the litter. I agree with what Parchiao mentioned about the applicability of the law on all people, it is only fair.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

I believe this whole argument has been throw off course by some rather racists people. . .

So, if some of you really think foreign workers are responsible (although i prefer to generalise people who litter as 'litterers') , why don't you just pen a letter to the Police to keep an eye on the area? I'm sure, as CS-ers, you'll be able to take some pretty good photos of the place to show the severity of the situation to the police

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    ...why don't you just pen a letter to the Police to keep an eye on the area? I'm sure, as CS-ers, you'll be able to take some pretty good photos of the place to show the severity of the situation to the police
    Off-topic:
    Direct to Ministry of Environment and Water Resources (or is it under NEA?) will be faster. Just for the record, the police can assist, but the enforcement is at MEWR/NEA's scope.
    Last edited by Ah Pao; 28th September 2008 at 03:59 PM.

the rule of law has been applied equally to locals & foreigners wad. nv catch locals, dun catch foreigners lor...

i am still waiting for some1 to reply me how come he can say i need 10 workers?! talk about being responsible!
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 28th September 2008 at 05:27 PM.

the rule of law has been applied equally to locals & foreigners wad. nv catch locals, dun catch foreigners lor...

i am still waiting for some1 to reply me how come he can say i need 10 workers?! talk about being responsible!
    Cause you suggested that, so that comes from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    I believe this whole argument has been throw off course by some rather racists people. . .

So, if some of you really think foreign workers are responsible (although i prefer to generalise people who litter as 'litterers') , why don't you just pen a letter to the Police to keep an eye on the area? I'm sure, as CS-ers, you'll be able to take some pretty good photos of the place to show the severity of the situation to the police
    So do you agree with what I have mentioned here or do you think I am being racist for stating the truth?

Cause you suggested that, so that comes from you.
    that oni goes to show u did not understand the point i was getting across. the point being a large number of the workers walking into the interchange (to dispose of the trash) making some people uneasy.

1) since when this thread is about my needs?

The way I see it, there should be sufficient trash bins.
    2) how did you conclude that?

now you got 2 questions to answer.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 28th September 2008 at 09:56 PM.

This is exactly why I asked why you will need 10 people to throw rubbish? It has nothing to do with your needs, it is about your perception of 10 people doing something, I asked why 10since you stated that number.

Visit the vicinity of Boon Lay Interchange, tell me if the trash bins are full. If they are not, there are sufficient trash bins. If the trash bins are full, your logic of insufficient trash bins might apply. I see a photo of a trash bin in one of the photos, it does not look like it is over flowing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast