Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rubbish @ Boon Lay Interchange.

Default Re: Rubbish @ Boon Lay Interchange.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    if you don't walk the talk, your words don't carry weight = not worth listening to. they may likely be the 1s who littered, but judging from all the pics posted by the TS alone, i also do not see litter bins except 1 across the road in pic #3 & another in the last pic. if littering has been an issue for some time already least that can be done is to provide enough bins.

littering is always an issue where there is a crowd, not having proper ways to dispose of thrash is the end result. its unfortunate that the report chose to focus on a place where blue collar workers congregate. they are not being defended like little children, thats your personal view.
    So no litter bins means you can litter? You talk without any logic. Don't tell me Boon Lay Interchange does not have rubbish bins.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    oh gosh...i can't believe some people actually singled out foreigners as 'trouble-makers'
    In this thread, they are singled out for their inconsiderate way of leaving trash all over places that they congregate. Nobody has mentioned anything trouble makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    So no litter bins means you can litter? You talk without any logic. Don't tell me Boon Lay Interchange does not have rubbish bins.

there are, but even with numerous rubbish bins to be found in some places 1 can still find litter on the roads. Orchard Road isn't litter free.

why am i reasoning with someone who doesn't believe in walking the talk.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 22nd September 2008 at 10:45 PM.

WHAT SO BIG DEAL?

Come to little India, and U will know what am I looking at. Compare to this? Peanut!

Oh, what about compare to those left over after any major events? Haha, both are peanut within a peanut.

So who did that? Foreign Workers? You? Me? Him? She? or It? Haha, who blame who?

Just another common human act, isn't it? Isn't it everywhere in the world are still working hard on how to educate people how to look after the environment.

Foreign Workers? You? Me? Him? She? or It? Haha, who blame who?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    WHAT SO BIG DEAL?

Come to little India, and U will know what am I looking at. Compare to this? Peanut!

Oh, what about compare to those left over after any major events? Haha, both are peanut within a peanut.

So who did that? Foreign Workers? You? Me? Him? She? or It? Haha, who blame who?

Just another common human act, isn't it? Isn't it everywhere in the world are still working hard on how to educate people how to look after the environment.

Like the subject of this thread, you are talking rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseme View Post
    WHAT SO BIG DEAL?

why u talk till like game show, You? Me? Him? She? or It? just broke off arh?

i choose them loh, Town Counsil never put enough litter bins. den nx point finger at reporter who maybe looks down on these foreign workers.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 22nd September 2008 at 11:44 PM.

I don't agree to suggestions that there are not enough trash bins. One photo clearly shows a trash bin at the bus stop, there are likely to be many more within the interchange. If the bins are full to the brim. it might be a valid to suggest that there are not enough bins to go around. The way i see it, there was absolutely no effort made to keep the environment clean, so it is quite valid for ANYBODY to make a representation that these foreign workers did not give a hoot about the cleanliness of OUR country.

why you always XXXX and scream at them? who are you to do so?
    If a old man like me can carry bulky items all the down to the designated area why should we allow young & strong FTs left rubbish in the lifts. I will do the same things if the local commit the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    If a old man like me can carry bulky items all the down to the designated area why should we allow young & strong FTs left rubbish in the lifts. I will do the same things if the local commit the same mistake.
    still it does not mean you can go around behaving badly.

I don't agree to suggestions that there are not enough trash bins. One photo clearly shows a trash bin at the bus stop, there are likely to be many more within the interchange. If the bins are full to the brim. it might be a valid to suggest that there are not enough bins to go around. The way i see it, there was absolutely no effort made to keep the environment clean, so it is quite valid for ANYBODY to make a representation that these foreign workers did not give a hoot about the cleanliness of OUR country.
    if the issue has been simmering for some time, its more like a lack on initiative to deal with the problem, & letting it fester. the least that can be done is to have enough litter bins in place. with the bins in place & some 'educating' those who congregate there, den talk about the lack of effort on their part.

Let me be blunt about this particular example of foreign workers littering. They are the culprits, there isn't anyone else to blame, the root of the perception problems highlighted in the press recently is due mainly to their behaviour and not ours. We don't have to lead by example. They need to learn that they will be looked down upon if they insist on behaving in this manner, just like how we will look down on fellow Singaporeans if they do likewise. They should not be defended like little children, they are adults and they can learn to assimilate.
    Very true they should not be protected little children, they should pack their rubbish & throw them in the proper areas just like many of us do after the happy time in public places.

still it does not mean you can go around behaving badly.
    I am not a gangster going around behaving badly.

Years ago, a FT brutally attacked and seriouly injuried a 40+ woman just to rob her handphone. The neighbourhood gathered and arrested him. The FT cried and begged for mercy as he is forced to rob because he dun earn much as construction worker to provide his family a better life back home. My dear friend, be the Judge. Lastly, I am not related to the suspect or the victim.

Should we find more excuse for the suspect FT as he come from a poor country and he has contributed to achivement of Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    synapse man has pretty mcuh said all i'd want to say about your post, so i'll just say this.

not all FT's are blue collar/domestic workers as you imply and assume. and even then, not all of them litter and pee in lifts and threaten NEA officers. While i do agree that SOME foreigners (and a bloody lot of locals too) do litter and give stupid excuses when caught, what you're saying implies a large amount of xenophobia on your part. intentional or not, i can't say.
    Nowaday, we refer "FT" as blue collar worker & white collar, be IT, banking, as professional
    you can call me racist I dun care cos they behave differently.

I have say enough & will stop here, bye bye

Years ago, a FT brutally attacked and seriouly injuried a 40+ woman just to rob her handphone. The neighbourhood gathered and arrested him. The FT cried and begged for mercy as he is forced to rob because he dun earn much as construction worker to provide his family a better life back home. My dear friend, be the Judge. Lastly, I am not related to the suspect or the victim.

Should we find more excuse for the suspect FT as he come from a poor country and he has contributed to achivement of Singapore.
    So, from this one example you conclude all FT's (ok, all FT blue collar workers) are all thieves and should be looked down upon and treated as such?

So, in the same manner, if a Singaporean is stealing, are you going to say that all Singapore blue collar workers are thieves and should be looked down upon and treated as such?

Man, haven't you learned there are good bad apples everywhere?

HS

Typical of someone who doesn't want to think more open........

HS

if the issue has been simmering for some time, its more like a lack on initiative to deal with the problem, & letting it fester. the least that can be done is to have enough litter bins in place. with the bins in place & some 'educating' those who congregate there, den talk about the lack of effort on their part.
    So we have special rules that apply to foreign workers? If the trash bins are not used to begin with, there isn't really any point in putting up more of these. As I have mentioned it before, there must be quite a few at Boon Lay interchange. There isn't anything you can say to defend these people in this instance, it is plain to see that they have made a nuisance of themselves.

lordy. you certainly don't speak like the "old man" you say you are... i'd expect something like this from a secondary school kid, but an adult...

So we have special rules that apply to foreign workers? If the trash bins are not used to begin with, there isn't really any point in putting up more of these. As I have mentioned it before, there must be quite a few at Boon Lay interchange. There isn't anything you can say to defend these people in this instance, it is plain to see that they have made a nuisance of themselves.
    In THIS INSTANCE, (note the emphasis on THIS INSTANCE) i'd say yes, the foreign "talent" (if thats the word for it) are responsible for leaving the mess behind. In general, though, Singaporeans contribute ALOT to the mess on our streets, and the cleaners (both foreign and local), clean up after us.

i wonder if i'd get into trouble for doing a street series shooting litterbugs.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Your prejudiced, rascist views appal me

Why pick on that incident when many of the hundreds of handphone thefts that occur yearly are committed by our very own, gracious Singaporeans.

Oh well, if you're as old as you claim you are, i doubt what i say change you.

face palm*

i am not defending them per se, as a problem, its up to anyone to view that problem from any perspective. you chose yours & stuck to it. i just have a different take on this issue. is it so costly to have a few more closer to where they gather to unwind?

i foresee that a group (of say 10), would make females (local, or foreign of any age) rather uneasy, & would raise a safety concern just by their presence in the interchange itself. no?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast