Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: September Pentaxian Outing - MacRitchie Trails - Please Share Your Photos Here

Default Re: September Pentaxian Outing - MacRitchie Trails - Please Share Your Photos Here

Everyone took nice shots^^ Must had a great time^^

Quote Originally Posted by Simplytimo View Post
    I think snakes with triangular heads are poisonous right? Any snake experts here?
    Not expert, but I believe that's a pit viper (Wagler's I think). The other green one should be a whip snake (Oriental I think).

Default Re: September Pentaxian Outing - MacRitchie Trails - Please Share Your Photos Here

the snake looks poisonous, don't be too brave la

Quote Originally Posted by Simplytimo View Post
    Snakes

Think most of us got this snake .....

Went very close. No crop for this.

After a while, the snaked turned to Desmond who was taking the snake with me after the main party had moved on. Looked like it coiled up and getting ready for an attack if we got any closer.

Think we got away cos the snake was probably thinking our lens was our eye...such a big eye monster. If it is true we would have been attacked if we had used a compact.

I think snakes with triangular heads are poisonous right? Any snake experts here?
    Bro, I'm not kidding, It is an ADULT viper. You DON'T want to be bitten by this, you will probably DIE if not treated in time.

Last edited by creampuff; 21st September 2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Bro, I'm not kidding, It is an ADULT viper. You DON'T want to be bitten by this, you will probably DIE if not treated in time.

Wow! Close encounters of the worst kind!
    EDIT: 2 weeks ago, a 10ft full grown cobra was found in my garden in India. Luckily it was entangled in some netting and could not extricate itself. Enough time for my parents to summon the local wild life authorities and have the critter carted away without killing it.
    Last edited by skypacker; 21st September 2008 at 11:25 PM.
    D7000 + MB-D11, AF-S 18-105 VR, AF-S 70-300 VR, AF-S 50/1.8G, Tamron 90 Macro, Metz 50 AF-1.

My share of the outing:

Ray of Life

Ready to take off

DF

Quote Originally Posted by Equatorer View Post
    mini spider on desmond's DA lens, taken by brother fengwei
    That's one discerning spider. It has excellent taste in optics and knows fine photographic equipment when it sees it.
    D7000 + MB-D11, AF-S 18-105 VR, AF-S 70-300 VR, AF-S 50/1.8G, Tamron 90 Macro, Metz 50 AF-1.

Continue:
    Eye gonna blow!

X-Rated

Quote Originally Posted by ishou80 View Post
    Eye gonna blow!
    Of all the macros I see on this thread, I like this one best in terms of flash/ISO technique^^ I dunno why, but taking shots of dragonfly or demselfly tends to reflect how well you control ur light environment^^ Too harsh the color of the body/head goes off, too soft u may not have the shadow cast maybe there. These are just my personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by longko View Post
    Of all the macros I see on this thread, I like this one best in terms of flash/ISO technique^^ I dunno why, but taking shots of dragonfly or demselfly tends to reflect how well you control ur light environment^^ Too harsh the color of the body/head goes off, too soft u may not have the shadow cast maybe there. These are just my personal opinion.
    shifu thanks for sharing..think i got this by chance cos I think the other few guys can identify..we are totally shack out already...so i just aim and fire...haha

No special pictures have been taken, but share mine anyway.

K-5: DA1224,DA2040,DA*50135, FA31,43,24-90, To Sell: DA21,DA1770
    http://matchkk.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Wah...better not let my wife know. else she will ban me from going out with you guys in the future...cos I told her most people also shot the snake...

Some candid shots..

Equatorer with a Vivitar 105 Series 1 Marco..

Simplytimo

Bernard's (hjbyeo) lovely wife SK
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

Wow! Seems you guys not only enjoyed the trip, but also came back w/ so many excellent photos

And sorry about the unshown photos. Just updated them, the group shot, and Bernard and his beautiful wife, on the first page of this thread:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417208

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    extracted from the Singapore snake blog.
    Although this species is venomous, it is not known to bite people (Lim & Lee, 1989) and its bite is seldom deadly (Lim & Lee, 1989; Lim & Lim, 1992).
    http://singaporesnakes.blogspot.com/...idolaemus.html

nice pics from all of you.

recognize some ppl from the group photo.

Equatorer, you looks much more mature than I thought.

The snake, wow

Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Pentaxian for Life

Pentaxian for Life

Quote Originally Posted by ishou80 View Post
    shifu thanks for sharing..think i got this by chance cos I think the other few guys can identify..we are totally shack out already...so i just aim and fire...haha
    Not shifu lah >.< Anyway some best shots came when one is not thinking too much

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast