View Poll Results: Do you like the new forum layout?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its more user friendly

14 18.67%
  • No! Give us back the old layout!

61 81.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you like the new forum layout?

Think the layout is getting better by the day... waiting for more modifications!

Good work and fast too!

seriously...too many lines between the threads....and the fonts! ..too bold and glaring..a pain to look at.

and the new layout.... .....what was wrong with the previous one?

just an observation, the system if off by about 5 mins from 1711.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    just an observation, the system if off by about 5 mins from 1711.
    ask 1711 to adjust their time ?

The old layout has a more visual appeal. It is cleaner and more pleasing on the eyes and it certainly look more professionally done than this. And it's easier to navigate as well, although in fact, there isn't much difference. Maybe it LOOKS easier to navigate and draws people to navigate the forums.

The new layout puts me off. I agree that change is good, but this layout is bad. There seem to be too many lines arounds, everything look very cramped and full of text. It's rather hard to read and after a while I get sick of it.

I really loved the New Posts table of the old layout, as I put Clubsnap as my default homepage url in my browser. It allows me to glance at the latest discussions instantaneously, and if any attracted my attention, I would click on them. Now I have to scroll scroll.

Thumbs down for this.
    Please do not respond to ads from a long time ago. Chances are items have already been sold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeepZpace
    The old layout has a more visual appeal. It is cleaner and more pleasing on the eyes and it certainly look more professionally done than this. And it's easier to navigate as well, although in fact, there isn't much difference. Maybe it LOOKS easier to navigate and draws people to navigate the forums.
    actually, to me, there isn't a huge difference between the old and current layout.
    The new layout puts me off. I agree that change is good, but this layout is bad. There seem to be too many lines arounds, everything look very cramped and full of text. It's rather hard to read and after a while I get sick of it.
    agree with you on some of the unnecessary lines, but to remove them will require hacking some templates which we do not have the time right now as we are busy getting the webspace, email and other backend functions working again. However, we WILL get around to improving the display layout.
    I really loved the New Posts table of the old layout, as I put Clubsnap as my default homepage url in my browser. It allows me to glance at the latest discussions instantaneously, and if any attracted my attention, I would click on them. Now I have to scroll scroll.
    Not sure what you mean here -- did you bookmark http://www.clubsnap.org/ or the Get New button?

the www.clubsnap.org portal page will be up again soon (as soon as we can find a portal template that works with this new software version).

In the meantime, you can create a bookmark with the following URL to get the new posts - http://forums.clubsnap.org/search.php?do=getdaily

Thumbs down for this.
    awwww ... come on ... we work our butts off to get the forums upgraded and improved and this is the thanks we get ? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    In the meantime, you can create a bookmark with the following URL to get the new posts - http://forums.clubsnap.org/search.php?do=getdaily
    true but it still doesn't look as good as before.

awwww ... come on ... we work our butts off to get the forums upgraded and improved and this is the thanks we get ? ...
    We do appreciate the effort but this makeover just doesn't work for me. Its been 4 days & I still don't like it. Like what DeepZpace said, its just not visually pleasing at all. I used to be able to browse CS for long periods but now it just makes me want to get out as soon as I get in. In fact, I now spend less time at work looking at CS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    true but it still doesn't look as good as before.

We do appreciate the effort but this makeover just doesn't work for me. Its been 4 days & I still don't like it. Like what DeepZpace said, its just not visually pleasing at all. I used to be able to browse CS for long periods but now it just makes me want to get out as soon as I get in. In fact, I now spend less time at work looking at CS
    Okay ... instead of just saying "It doesn't work for me." perhaps members would list out things which they would like to see changes, and we shall see what we can do ... bearing in mind that hacking the templates will take some time. No promises if we can do all of them, but we can try. Let me start:-

List of items to be improved (if possible):-
    1. Remove the blank line/box between posts.

Okay ... instead of just saying "It doesn't work for me." perhaps members would list out things which they would like to see changes, and we shall see what we can do ... bearing in mind that hacking the templates will take some time. No promises if we can do all of them, but we can try. Let me start:-

Its abit hard to describe but I think if it can look exactly like what CS webpage used to look like - it would be brilliant

As I do not have a screen capture of the old format, if someone does have it then its easier to do a side-by-side comparison & let u know why we find the previous layout better.

2. The previous poll presentation was neater than the present one.
    Last edited by lavenderlilz; 13th August 2003 at 11:47 AM.

I apologise that my previous comments were rather harsh, as Clubsnap has always been my favourite photo forum. I really appreciate the moderators' constant effort in maintaining and upgrading this website.

I hope my criticisms are constructive though, and I will still support Clubsnap no matter what.

Cheers~
    Please do not respond to ads from a long time ago. Chances are items have already been sold.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeepZpace
    I apologise that my previous comments were rather harsh, as Clubsnap has always been my favourite photo forum. I really appreciate the moderators' constant effort in maintaining and upgrading this website.

I hope my criticisms are constructive though, and I will still support Clubsnap no matter what.

Cheers~
    No need for apologies as no offence was taken. We appreciate your frank feedback and of course, we will continue to make ClubSNAP your preferred photo forum

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    Its abit hard to describe but I think if it can look exactly like what CS webpage used to look like - it would be brilliant

As I do not have a screen capture of the old format, if someone does have it then its easier to do a side-by-side comparison & let u know why we find the previous layout better.

2. The previous poll presentation was neater than the present one.
    The poll function should be remove... hardly used for any photography-related topics anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    The poll function should be remove... hardly used for any photography-related topics anyway.
    Second that..
    80% of the time its mostly crap..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    You sure? hmmm.... maybe i go create a poll on this ...

Hmm.... So now we only got the forums only?? haven't been around for some time so the change is shocking

Default Re: Do you like the new forum layout?

Who on earth dug up a 5 year old thread?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123