View Poll Results: Do you like the new forum layout?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its more user friendly

14 18.67%
  • No! Give us back the old layout!

61 81.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you like the new forum layout?

Default Do you like the new forum layout?

Is it me that only thinks that the previous layout is better?

Where is the "View all new posts" link??

Now, I got to check every sub forum if I wanna see whats new..

Quote Originally Posted by NiVleK
    Is it me that only thinks that the previous layout is better?

Where is the "View all new posts" link??

Now, I got to check every sub forum if I wanna see whats new..
    you can still use the get new button on the upper right .. just bookmark the link

from the first look, i think it has more information, and you will need to get used to the layout, after a while, shld be okay

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    you can still use the get new button on the upper right .. just bookmark the link
    Ohhh...hahaha I just realised that those buttons are links and one of them is the "view new posts" hhehe.. paiseh paiseh

But still.... I think I need time to adapt to this new layout.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by NiVleK
    Ohhh...hahaha I just realised that those buttons are links and one of them is the "view new posts" hhehe.. paiseh paiseh

But still.... I think I need time to adapt to this new layout.
    A bit blur to where the usual things are but I guess it will take some time to get used to. Looks a bit dis-oriented for me.

But anyway, have to applaud them for doing the upgrading thru the night whilst we slept!

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    A bit blur to where the usual things are but I guess it will take some time to get used to. Looks a bit dis-oriented for me.

But anyway, have to applaud them for doing the upgrading thru the night whilst we slept!
    Hi ppl, pls give us some time to refine the looks, icons, templates and stuff with this new version of vbulletin - we promise that once we roll out the new features (most are disabled right now), all members will truly enjoy ClubSNAP more.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenLau
    Hi ppl, pls give us some time to refine the looks, icons, templates and stuff with this new version of vbulletin - we promise that once we roll out the new features (most are disabled right now), all members will truly enjoy ClubSNAP more.
    prefer the old layout which was much much much much much much much much better.
    Last edited by lavenderlilz; 11th August 2003 at 09:59 AM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    Like darren mentioned, give them some time to sort out the layout later, they're working on the functionality of the forums for now, sometimes changes make the community more fun to stay with.

Things that don't change get boring, because it's not constant

Like darren mentioned, give them some time to sort out the layout later, they're working on the functionality of the forums for now, sometimes changes make the community more fun to stay with.

there are more functions which i like, but probably wun use anyway..
    and the top right with 5 arrows keep me guessing what they do..hope the 5 arrows get replaced with appropriate buttons can liao..

no lah - just that I find the lines in between the posts very very distracting.

Funny thing is my WTS : Nikon Stuff thread in Buy & Sell has completely disappeared. I've done a search on my nick & its no where to be found.
    Last edited by lavenderlilz; 11th August 2003 at 10:28 AM.

Funny thing is my WTS : Nikon Stuff thread in Buy & Sell has completely disappeared. I've done a search on my nick & its no where to be found.
    the threads after Aug 2 were lost during the upgrade, you will have to post again.

I guess its only fair if we make a comment after the admin have finished patching up the forum.

But they have done a good job by upgrading the forum, afterall its for the benefit of members also. So, lets not criticize too much...

i voted for the old layout, bcoz to be honest, i really prefer it. But i still want to thank you guys for making the effort to upgrade. Much appreciated.

What i like about the old one:
    - The yellow boxes that quotes are shown in. i miss that.

What i like about the new one:
    - The font is much bigger in the reply box - less typos.

Can/Will eventually get used to the new one, i guess.

There was a request previously to search all forums for posts within a certain time period. Wonder if that's being considered.

Maybe can highlight to everyone what the new features are when things are smoother.

Thanx again, guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100
    i voted for the old layout, bcoz to be honest, i really prefer it. But i still want to thank you guys for making the effort to upgrade. Much appreciated.

What i like about the old one:
    - The yellow boxes that quotes are shown in. i miss that.

What i like about the new one:
    - The font is much bigger in the reply box - less typos.

Can/Will eventually get used to the new one, i guess.

There was a request previously to search all forums for posts within a certain time period. Wonder if that's being considered.

Maybe can highlight to everyone what the new features are when things are smoother.

Thanx again, guys.
    Thanks for the feedback - the quote box thing is on the list of things to fix (and we will probably make it smaller). Will also try to have a brief summary of the new features (if time permits) as we are still ironing out the issues (as well as trying to bring up the email and web resources).

There will always be resistance to change. I'm one of the biggest culprits, still running quite a few DOS softwares. But I'm sure we'll all get used to the new interface and appreciate it.

For me .... there is no difference, as long as it serve the same purpose .....

A big thanks to the admins for their effort in making CS a better place to be in.

Well, if you ask me, I prefer to the older layout too, but on the hindside, it has its own fair share of quirks too. I don't think I am going to be part of the resistance to the change so here's my input ...

My first impression on the new layout is that its color scheme is brighter and definitely more lively to me, good change here, I think this is one bold step in defining CS's style. The new "Quick Reply" feature is one nifty addition too, but I reckon it will be even better if the button is clearer (or bigger), the current button is a little too insignificant for a feature that is meant for convenience.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Avatar; 11th August 2003 at 01:56 PM.

Blog Entries

How does it look now? Got to admit that this morning, before the interface tweaking, the forum looked VERY messy, but please do give me your honest opinion now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    How does it look now? Got to admit that this morning, before the interface tweaking, the forum looked VERY messy, but please do give me your honest opinion now.
    somehow I miss the "MOST RECENT POST" up on the top to see if any one posted recently..

But a good effort on the new vbulletin... more features to use and I guess it's a matter of time when everyone will get used to this format... but hor... WHEN is the WEBSPACE is going to be UPz??

Quote Originally Posted by Darren

Its better now cos its neater. What I like is u get different coloured backgrounds for alternate threads. Makes it easier to spot.

But I really missed the quotes in the yellow boxes.

Blog Entries

Its better now cos its neater. What I like is u get different coloured backgrounds for alternate threads. Makes it easier to spot.

But I really missed the quotes in the yellow boxes.
    Hmmm... I can tweak the alternate colors to make it even more obvious ... how about GREEN and RED background alternating ?? joking ...

the "quotes in yellow boxes" must wait until our resident hacker comes back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast