Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43

Thread: Inconsiderate Singaporeans on National Day

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawn
    Hi all,

    after looking at and evaluating the picture, i find the dog is the most considerate and polite of them all


  2. #22

    Default

    Eh, looks like you were beside me. I was the inconsiderate guy who opened up the tripod fully and took up 3 ppl worth of space.

  3. #23

    Default

    Another case:
    Late-comer expects people who came earlier than him to shift left shift right just to let him shoot..and in the end, even expects other ppl to switch places with him..

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    djchris > I saw that too, someone with a tripod and SLR ask a guy with a small P&S camera to move away so that he can put tripod there...

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    of cos stay home lah. duh.

    blurblock > < me

    big headache ........ but getting high already .....

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    djchris > I saw that too, someone with a tripod and SLR ask a guy with a small P&S camera to move away so that he can put tripod there...
    We saw different ppl den.. hee
    We weren't at the same jetty.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    djchris > I saw that too, someone with a tripod and SLR ask a guy with a small P&S camera to move away so that he can put tripod there...
    I was sitting by the Espanade when one idiotic phototaker (I would not even classify him to be a photographer) ask me to get out of my place as he wanted my place to take photograph ..... I tell him .... hey, u tot u got camera very big is it? whahahahahaha......

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    I was sitting by the Espanade when one idiotic phototaker (I would not even classify him to be a photographer) ask me to get out of my place as he wanted my place to take photograph ..... I tell him .... hey, u tot u got camera very big is it? whahahahahaha......
    Which is why I make sure I get there early so that I don't have to ask ppl to move away, or squeeze for a slot..

    I wanna take pictures comfortably..

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djchris
    We saw different ppl den.. hee
    We weren't at the same jetty.
    ya lor...so many inconsiderate singaporean around?

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Meng

    Maybe u could enlighten us on why u found the encircled chap inconsiderate? Still very puzzled.

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    I was sitting by the Espanade when one idiotic phototaker (I would not even classify him to be a photographer) ask me to get out of my place as he wanted my place to take photograph ..... I tell him .... hey, u tot u got camera very big is it? whahahahahaha......
    In such a situation, I normally start twitching my left eye and look very agitated. That usually solves the problem.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    761

    Default inconsiderate

    DOnt you all find this thread familiar,,,,,...last time something also happens during some kind of modeling event..?

    What to do? YOu are staying in SIngapore where people just think of themselves....(wouldnt you get frastrated when you see the MRT so filled with people (at the doors and not the center of the cabin?) and you are going to be late for work cos you cant enter the train?

    Singaporeans Singaporeans....sigh.....sometimes, i felt so sick being one...not to invoke any flames here but just my feelings....

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    In such a situation, I normally start twitching my left eye and look very agitated. That usually solves the problem.
    If it happened to me, I'd whoop his candy *** and kick his **** and..(well, the rest is up to your imagination)

  14. #34
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djchris
    If it happened to me, I'd whoop his candy *** and kick his **** and..(well, the rest is up to your imagination)
    I'd use my tripod and sacrifice my ballhead for a good swing at his face

    Actually I also very inconsiderate, I made Newbie123 lower his tripod and bend low so that I can snap the fireworks behind him.

    And I also made djchris and many others sit down and snap

    I'm just EVIL hahaha.

  15. #35

    Default

    what so inconsiderate???

    guy in a chair with dog = harmless

    maybe the problem lies in u?

  16. #36

    Default

    talking about inconsiderate people, i came across a couple at tanjiong rhu park on the national day.

    my friend and I went there to set up our tripod at 3pm. But until 6pm, a guy and his gf went over the metal railing and just setup his tripod infront of US! I was so angry and he didn't even care about the person behind. In the end, I ask him to move abit away, he still give me a very unhappy look. Then he end up blocking people on the other side. The next guy asked him to lower his tripod, he gave him a answer "CANNOT".

  17. #37

    Default

    To all, sorry for the delay as at 12+am, once i posted up the picture and thread, I couldn't access CS anymore after that due to maintenance.

    This was what happened, me and another friend was standing near them, not directly infront of them though, I was half in front of the lady and my friend was to my leftside. We were looking for a good spot to set up our gear and in less than 10 seconds time, the lady said:"excuse me, pls don't block our view". I said okie, thinking that she meant that we should not set up there and block their view. Of course, we will not do that.
    Another 15seconds later, she said the same thing to me again. Irritated and pissed off, we went away. The thing is that we did not even put our bags and tripods down, and were just there for less than 1 minute (from the start till the end), not directly in front of them, and there was nothing in front good for them to view(it was about 630pm then).

    And their chair was right in the middle of the path..

    Well, the rest is for individual to judge.
    P.S: During the evening, they took some pictures of the stadium and river view using flash.
    Period.

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meng
    To all, sorry for the delay as at 12+am, once i posted up the picture and thread, I couldn't access CS anymore after that due to maintenance.

    This was what happened, me and another friend was standing near them, not directly infront of them though, I was half in front of the lady and my friend was to my leftside. We were looking for a good spot to set up our gear and in less than 10 seconds time, the lady said:"excuse me, pls don't block our view". I said okie, thinking that she meant that we should not set up there and block their view. Of course, we will not do that.
    Another 15seconds later, she said the same thing to me again. Irritated and pissed off, we went away. The thing is that we did not even put our bags and tripods down, and were just there for less than 1 minute (from the start till the end), not directly in front of them, and there was nothing in front good for them to view(it was about 630pm then).

    And their chair was right in the middle of the path..

    Well, the rest is for individual to judge.
    P.S: During the evening, they took some pictures of the stadium and river view using flash.
    Period.
    Wow. So many responses in such a short time. Anyway, the friend that meng was referring to, is me. I think the issue of being pissed off by the couple with the dogs in the picture, is not so much of latecomers demanding the right to set up gear and expecting others to give way, but more of being considerate so that everyone can enjoy the public space.

    Notice that they set up their chairs with so much space in front of them, and at the same time expect others not to block their view. If we wanted to play punk, we could have ignored them and set up our tripods right in front of them, and then we would have become the side show, engaging in verbal, or worse, physical sparring. If we had done that, technically speaking, we had the right to do that, since it is a public place, but of course the action would be downright rude and inconsiderate. If they had been more considerate and put their chairs nearer the railings, nobody would have been able to block their view, and others would also have been able to set up their tripods behind them.

    Eventually we set up our stuff a couple of metres away from them, and notice that the fishing rod was still there. The man who owned the rod was rather considerate, and retrieved his rod after that, so that more people could have an unobstructed view. His actions were commendable.

    Also commendable was this family who was sitting near the rails, in front of where we set up our gear eventually. Sitting and squatting there was rather uncomfortable, and occasionally they stood up and stretched, but taking care not to obstruct our lenses.

    Ideal as it seems, if everyone cooperated (photographers and non-photographers), people in front set their tripods lower, people sitting down move to the front, more people could have a nice outing, shooting photos, having a picnic, watching the fireworks, etc. Just like if passengers taking the MRT are cooperative and move inside the carriage, more people can board the train and will not be late for work. Before we insist on our obnoxious right just because we were there first, etc, think of how we would feel if we were at the receiving end of such behaviour.

    Just my SGD 0.02 worth.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    reminds me of the incident at stadium during NDP preview. SniperD, Togu and me reached stadium very early and got the front row seats. It was about 3-4pm, just after the rain.

    We were sitting down all these while. Our bags were on the floor, tripods were opened but legs not extended. We also planned to shoot at sitting position with the camera in front of us and avoid standing, so that we will not block people behind. But later, the family behind complained to a CPT that we were blocking their views with our cameras. However we were in sitting position all these while and it was too early to block anything good to view.

    In the end, the CPT did not ask us to move away, but ask the family to move elseswhere.
    Last edited by Wai; 11th August 2003 at 09:26 PM.

  20. #40

    Default

    I think that family is really dumb! Common sense would tell you that higher seats would give you a better view. Your angle of view across the field would be wider. However, for us photogs, it is more important for us to get closer to the action and also shoot at a level closer to the subjects. Next time, bring some photos to show these clowns why it's better to sit higher.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •