Thread: Is camera allow in concert?

Default Is camera allow in concert?

hi all jz get my 1st DSLR, will attend sammi's concert at genting next week.

not sure whether is camera allowed at da concert.

thanks!

Default Re: Is camera allow in concert?

Take a look at the T&C from the organisers
    Come visit my Flickr :)

I think in most of the concert not allow your to take photos, but I still see many people bring out their camera

In general, they don't seem to mind a PnS camera, but they'll crack down on DSLR users because they think you're taking "professional" images.
    Alpha

if the term and condition stated no flash camera allow, you still can use the camera without flash. Else if T&C is no camera allow, then it's better to bring a PnS and hide it somewhere technically.

Quote Originally Posted by khtee View Post
    if the term and condition stated no flash camera allow, you still can use the camera without flash. Else if T&C is no camera allow, then it's better to bring a PnS and hide it somewhere technically.
    People have still been kicked out for using a DSLR, even if there's no flash.
    Alpha

aiya... go concert just enjoy the show lor.. why go in and take pictures??? somemore with DSLR...

i'm been using my dslr w/o flash at indoor stadium and the concert hall in the durian, no problems so far.
    lcd reduce brightness and switch off AF beam.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 20th September 2008 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    i'm been using my dslr w/o flash at indoor stadium and the concert hall in the durian, no problems so far.
    lcd reduce brightness and switch off AF beam.
    FWAH...you sure...last time i was attending a concert in the esplanade concert hall, I was gently reminded "no photography allowed" by one of the staff who walked from one end of the hall to me, just because i put up my camera handphone a little too high.

Where you take from?
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    FWAH...you sure...last time i was attending a concert in the esplanade concert hall, I was gently reminded "no photography allowed" by one of the staff who walked from one end of the hall to me, just because i put up my camera handphone a little too high.

Where you take from?
    back row right in the middle, you see the staff and you still take photo...must be asking to be thrown out.
    do it tactically when the staff is not looking in your direction after the hall lighting dims.
    the recent concert i been to in feb, seen ppl using handphones to take photo when the lighting is off, also no problem.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 21st September 2008 at 02:26 AM.

imo, ppl taking photos during esplanade performances really irritate me
    No matter how you set your LCD brightness, other members of the audience can still see a distracting speck of light in front of them.
    really bad etiquette

Of course, in other forms of concerts i.e-pop/rock concerts, fellow audience members may be more resistant to such distractions.

just my 2 cents

thankfully i was attending a tawian rock concert...

I think I have to be considerate, the shutter sounds maybe a disturbance to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    back row right in the middle, you see the staff and you still take photo...must be asking to be thrown out.
    do it tactically when the staff is not looking in your direction after the hall lighting dims.
    the recent concert i been to in feb, seen ppl using handphones to take photo when the lighting is off, also no problem.
    LOL...i wasn't even trying to take a picture la.

Despite this, i tot the staff will check the bags first before you're admitted? You can hide a dslr in your bag?

Ya...go concert just enjoy. Why pay so much to go there and take photos? Maybe some ppl derive excitement to sneak some shots at the expense of the concert goers around them. I hate these type of ppl.

Last time remember going for a choir concert, stupid "main photographer" NEVER switch off the af-assist, NEVER turn the flash off and NEVER turn of the focus beep....... So you can imagine, half the concert, ppl very distracted with the sounds and flashes. Somemore the photog not tactical...shoot in very soft passages, so amidst the "aaahhh....click click....aaahhh...click click FLASH!!!".
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!