Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cheap and good mp3 players

Default Re: cheap and good mp3 players

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    I got mine from Alvin, can't solder for nuts!

Grey Knight, you checked out the Sansa View?
    Same here. He helped me with the op amp but I did the rest. Found it very therapeutic.

Grey Knight, check out this thread on hwz http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sh....php?t=2086853
    Made in china but looks good. I do not know the seller. Just thought you'd like to check it out. The Onda player look cool.
    Last edited by seankyh; 20th September 2008 at 01:06 PM.

me?

running classic 80GB --->LOD----->dock----->Mseed Spirit------> Audio tech ES7s

i dont really trust creative products(bro's stuff spoilt after 7 months but he is a rough user) but i know for sure if you dont abuse your devices, they hardly fail, and the Xfi looks good, priced well and seems to be everything the average consumer wants.

have handled the sansa's and some sonys.if sound quality is your thing and price isnt too much of an issue, go sony, best sounding, coolest looking, and definitely the most reliable. my 4 year old 1GB player(which costed me around $300 at that time) is still going strong, and sound quality out of headphone jack is better than my classic 80GB!

but for now, i think your choices are between the fuuze and the Xfi, i would go Xfi, for the screen and the multimedia capabilities

just hope it doesnt spoil easily

thanks again for all the replies!!!

@soeypixels - I tried out the E100 but didnt really like the sound :/

@Evilmerlin - yep! just checked it out! not bad seems quite nice , espically since challanger is currently selling it for $199 instead of the usual $319

@ArchRival , mrhobbit - wow..just heard out the sound of the x-fi crystaliser and expander functions on the site and man do they sound goooooood and no known problems so far

looking at them , i think i'll get the view or the x-fi

*edit*
    saw this :http://www.sony.com.sg/product/nwz-a726
    now I'm also considering this (since the price is almost the x-fi 's and I've heard only good about sony so far )...better stop looking or I'll eventually get a more ex one and not be able to get my cam :/
    Last edited by Grey Knight; 20th September 2008 at 08:37 PM.

Those A726s are pretty good actually. The only thing I don't like about Sony is that it only takes Memory Sticks and those pricey compared to SD or micro SD cards.

thanks all
    I got the A726 just now

good stuff!

have fun with it!

New toys are ALWAYS good for health! just not so good for the wallet
    where did you get it from and for how much?

Quote Originally Posted by mrhobbit View Post
    good stuff!

have fun with it!

New toys are ALWAYS good for health! just not so good for the wallet
    where did you get it from and for how much?
    agree fully!
    I'm very happy with my buy as got free gift also so not so bad on the wallet
    I got it at Harvey Norman Hougang Mall for $219 and it came with a leather pouch, leather lanyard (for the pouch ) and a screen protector . The freebies came in a box and there was a lable on the plastic covering the box saying its worth $50 !!

added with the fantastic earbuds I'm very happy with the buy! (cost and sound wise, man does it sound better than my HP )

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    hi all ,
    I'm intending to get a cheap and good mp3 .
    suggestions?
    I'm open to any brand and my budget is up to $200.
    size best is 8gb up.
    i was looking at the creative mosiac but it looks like it was made for girls :/
    suggestions?

thanks!
    nokia 5310.
    Cheap, good, light, thin and free phone capability

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Not if you value sound quality.
    Sorry what? The ipods have phenomenal sound quality, just dont compress the music. Im a huge sound nut, and the ipods have been by far the best ive listened to. Especially paired with a good set of headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Sorry what? The ipods have phenomenal sound quality, just dont compress the music. Im a huge sound nut, and the ipods have been by far the best ive listened to. Especially paired with a good set of headphones.
    It's all about marketing their product wel. If you see almost every where there is an iPod user but not the rest. As human nature when you see your friends have an iPod you will want to get one as well to blend in with the crowd. Not because it sounds great but because you have something in common you can share with.

Those who appreciates music will know that iPod does not produce the best sound of an mp3player. Good ear/headphones also helps the music to sound better as well.

For my own personal opinion, I think iRiver and Sony produce a better sound quality than iPod.

In fact a few months ago a couple of my friends of mine did a blind test on 5 mp3 players.......iRiver L Player 8GB, iPod Touch 8GB, Creative Zen 16GB, SONY NWZ-A820 16GB and Microsoft ZUNE 8GB.

Using 2 ear phones (Shure SE310 Sound Isolating Earphones and Sony MDR-EX90) and 2 headphones (Kenwood KH-K1000 and Sony MDR-V900HD) in a sound proof room (yeah we had a friend's place which had one of those high end home theater system).

Guess which came up tops?

1. Sony
    2. iRiver
    3. Creative Zen
    4. iPod
    5. Microsoft Zune

The test was conducted with 7 panelist whom uses mp3 almost every single day on different types of music from classical to rock to pop and instrumental. They too were surprise with the results. The best part was, there was one die hard iPod user chose Sony as his favourite in the blind test. The very next day, he gave his iPod Touch to his son........and bought himself a SONY NWZ-A820 16GB.....wahaha.....

We use 320kbps bit rate file which was directly burn from original discs.

I am using the iRiver mentioned earlier. I use to own 3 iPods (60GB, 8GB NANO and iTouch 16GB) too but all were gifts from family. Never see the need to use it nor ever bought one. So gave them all away to my niece and nephew.

Oh yeah............iPod does not have a phenomenal sound quality.

Sansa Clip
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

its something like camera brands.

some good in this, others that..

Ipods have good service, good warranty services, a nice screen and good batt life for its size, shape and form.

out of headphone....well......erm......hmmmm lets just say Sony takes the cake.

if i go ampless, i am still on my 4 year old sony 1Gb, amped and pimped, its the ipod(which frankly looks like a bomb, what with the black amp and wires)

but come to that...how many can tell the difference with stock earbuds and 128 downloaded KBPS?

so it doesnt really matter

i can buy an L lense with my setup(which isnt that great i assure you, they are people who can buy a 1d series with their setups) so i better darn well be hearing differences.

MrHobbit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12