Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoaid XXVI: Keep on Lubbing.. and Shooting!

Default Re: Photoaid XXVI: Keep on Lubbing.. and Shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    WHere is this place?

hahaha u go for HorFun or something else???
    I thought everyone should know wat heheh..

His stall in a corner coffee shop just across the main road T-Junction from my HDB flat in Eunos Crescent heh.. Want a wider picture to show you where too? hahahah..
    Last edited by sammy888; 4th October 2008 at 11:29 AM.

Alternative to Ekin's Sun Dance? It works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6bxFw4pSY

We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I thought everyone should know wat heheh..

His stall in a corner coffee shop just across the main road T-Junction from my HDB flat in Eunos Crescent heh.. Want a wider picture to show you where too? hahahah..
    yes, need direction. Would love to check it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    ]
    So a "few" shots of it......... a 94 frames of GIF!!!!! hahahahaha
    My F1 gif, but only 28 frames taken with YYK's 30D

More at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420013
    Last edited by Wai; 4th October 2008 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    Alternative to Ekin's Sun Dance? It works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka6bxFw4pSY

chillies and onions wonder how it came out from his mouth.

My F1 gif, but only 28 frames taken my my friend 30D

nice catch. did you submit any for the competition

nice catch!!! this is power!!! right time right place!

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    chillies and onions wonder how it came out from his mouth.
    cos he is creative lor...........
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Good one ...

hows every one doing ..got little too bussy with my work..

by the way in going for a short trip to himalayan hill's anyone joining ?a good place to shoot

cheers
    Sudhir
    Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open

photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by gsv13 View Post
    Good one ...

hows every one doing ..got little too bussy with my work..

by the way in going for a short trip to himalayan hill's anyone joining ?a good place to shoot

cheers
    Sudhir
    Hey man... good to see you are finish with the hard work and getting some free time to get relaxing. Have a fun trip..tkae lots of pictures and come share it here. You planning your own trip or is this a group thing? Get a really wide lens with you and you are all ready to get some great landscape shots heh.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    yes, need direction. Would love to check it up.

That should suffice I think heheheheh...... happy din din..

Less then 10mins walk there through the housing estate shop houses. The chicken rice store which I shot the photo with all the "stripped down" chickens is mid-way to Kim's at HDB block coffeshop.

wahhh the Kim's hokkien prawn mee loooks very delicious!! Any reviews on that?

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyb View Post
    wahhh the Kim's hokkien prawn mee loooks very delicious!! Any reviews on that?
    He still have his Mercedes Benz park on the side, his diamond clustered soild gold rolex is still locked around his left wrist, his thick gold chain is well...hanging around his neck (like a black Rapper) under his business long sleeve shirt, his solid gold Mercedes Benz belt buckle is still there after all these years.... lost some hair and okay....about his mee... it has lost abit of it's " shiokness" but still better then most. Problem is 4 times out of a week....he has some other guy cooking and not him I take it you have another outlet of two and he has to make his appearance at each to keep up the sales hehe.... ANd yes...you can't help but read his life story (ies) the entire place is plastered right left and centre with all his publicity tearouts from papers and magazines... hehehe... interesting place if only to at least have tasted his cooking once.

These day a minimum "tar pao" is $5.00.

I ate my first order from him in 1982. Even back then...he has his MB 380s and rolex and just a dinky frying wok setup just outside the gates of a coffee shop along Upper Changi Road. So he only start to sell from 10pm till early morning. And all along the road will be alot of expensice cars that stops by to "tar pao" a few packets home. That was his hey day and he should have stayed that way. He got too famous and listen to too many people and over invested in Karaoke, bought a building in Geyland to open soem karaoke thingy and other restaurant..I think he lost the bulk of his money there all these years.. And in his older age now....skill do dropped abit as it takes alot out of you to make a batch of mee each time. I can still remember that. These day to speed up the order he cooks up a large pot and pick it off from there to recook each order.
    Last edited by sammy888; 5th October 2008 at 12:53 AM.

He still have his Mercedes Benz park on the side, his diamond clustered soild gold rolex is still locked around his left wrist, his thick gold chain is well...hanging around his neck (like a black Rapper) under his business long sleeve shirt, his solid gold Mercedes Benz belt buckle is still there after all these years.... lost some hair and okay....about his mee... it has lost abit of it's " shiokness" but still better then most. Problem is 4 times out of a week....he has some other guy cooking and not him I take it you have another outlet of two and he has to make his appearance at each to keep up the sales hehe.... ANd yes...you can't help but read his life story (ies) the entire place is plastered right left and centre with all his publicity tearouts from papers and magazines... hehehe... interesting place if only to at least have tasted his cooking once.

These day a minimum "tar pao" is $5.00.

I ate my first order from him in 1982. Even back then...he has his MB 380s and rolex and just a dinky frying wok setup just outside the gates of a coffee shop along Upper Changi Road. So he only start to sell from 10pm till early morning. And all along the road will be alot of expensice cars that stops by to "tar pao" a few packets home. That was his hey day and he should have stayed that way. He got too famous and listen to too many people and over invested in Karaoke, bought a building in Geyland to open soem karaoke thingy and other restaurant..I think he lost the bulk of his money there all these years.. And in his older age now....skill do dropped abit as it takes alot out of you to make a batch of mee each time. I can still remember that. These day to speed up the order he cooks up a large pot and pick it off from there to recook each order.
    OOU! So THAT's him!

Yeah, I remember seeing him near Jln Masjid .. and his building and stuff. Amazing, the things greed can do to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    OOU! So THAT's him!

Yeah, I remember seeing him near Jln Masjid .. and his building and stuff. Amazing, the things greed can do to a person.
    Ya..he lost big in those investments with partners.... I remember he call the building Kim's Building hahaha... He should have stick to what he knows best and not leave it to other people's expertise who in the end, to their own ends, took advantage of his money and blew it all away.

But he seem to still be going strong...no regret and just go back to doing what he does best...which is his mee heheh.

I told him a few years back I bought from him when he had a dinky stall and he was all smile and told others at some nearby tables how someone like me is still eating his mee after all these years.... quite the marketing man I have to say hahahahah.....
    Last edited by sammy888; 5th October 2008 at 01:10 AM.

Ya..he lost big in those investments with partners.... I remember he call the building Kim's Building hahaha... He should have stick to what he knows best and not leave it to other people's expertise who in the end, to their own ends, took advantage of his money and blew it all away.

But he seem to still be going strong...no regret and just go back to doing what he does best...which is his mee heheh.

I told him a few years back I bought from him when he had a dinky stall and he was all smile and told others at some nearby tables how someone like me is still eating his mee after all these years.... quite the marketing man I have to say hahahahah.....
    Ya lor! These guys take the saying ... never say Die to the MAX! Or they put up a very good front.

soundss good, gonna drop by and buy one packett one of these days, thanks sammy for review n history!

That should suffice I think heheheheh...... happy din din..

Less then 10mins walk there through the housing estate shop houses. The chicken rice store which I shot the photo with all the "stripped down" chickens is mid-way to Kim's at HDB block coffeshop.
    Thanks. Will make a trip there. Never occurs to me that there are good food in this area.

Blog Entries

how about a makan outing?

btw i met nisa at the oktoberfest last night
    quite the party animal

Makan with Nisa == damn good food! heehee.. =)

Yummy!!

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 47891011141934 ... LastLast