Thread: Help needed regarding Nikon D60

Default Help needed regarding Nikon D60

Hi guys,

I brought out my D60 for a shoot to the Southern Ridges a few days ago and I had a bizarre encounter with the LCD screen of the camera. Apparently, the screen went on and off erratically when I was viewing it under sunlight. Is there something wrong with the proximity sensor? Or does it has to do with the glare from the sunlight that is causing such a phenomenon?

Just pondering if this's a common problem with other owners of the D60 and whether I should start considering sending it in for servicing.

Would greatly appreciate any help provided. Thanks.

Cheers.
    Last edited by wiLLy-LucifeR; 15th September 2008 at 11:11 PM.

Default Re: Help needed regarding Nikon D60

Quote Originally Posted by wiLLy-LucifeR View Post
    Hi guys,

I brought out my D60 for a shoot to the Southern Ridges a few days ago and I had a bizarre encounter with the LCD screen of the camera. Apparently, the screen went on and off erratically when I was viewing it under sunlight. Is there something wrong with the proximity sensor? Or does it has to do with the glare from the sunlight that is causing such a phenomenon?

Just pondering if this's a common problem with other owners of the D60 and whether I should start considering sending it in for servicing.

Would greatly appreciate any help provided. Thanks.

Cheers.

yup.. i'm having this problem too.. if i'm not wrong it's due to the light sensor above the LCD screen.. i think it's coz of the strong sunlight that is "confusing" the light sensor.. didn't know wat';s the real cause though.. and it's really irratating! normally i will juz switch the light sensor off during this "bright" period and turn back on after it's not so bright..
    yeah. i'm still a noob..