Thread: Iron Maiden to the rescue

Default Iron Maiden to the rescue

Sep 14, 2008

Iron Maiden to the rescue
    LONDON - IRON Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson flew to the rescue of holidaymakers left stranded abroad after Britain's third largest tour operator collapsed, newspapers reported on Sunday.

The heavy metal hero is also a Boeing 757 pilot and flew a specially-chartered Monarch Airlines flight from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt to London Gatwick Airport.

XL Leisure Group went into administration on Friday, leaving some 85,000 British holidaymakers stranded abroad.

Since then almost 12,000 people have been brought back as part of an airlift mission conducted by the aviation regulator.

'I was just doing my job. I was called out like a lot of other pilots to help and I was obviously happy to do that,' The Mail on Sunday newspaper quoted rocker Dickinson as saying.

'Some of the people on the flight were obviously frustrated by the situation they had found themselves in but everyone was pretty good-natured about it all.'

Dickinson, 50, said he was off to the Greek island of Kos next to rescue some more stranded holidaymakers.

The Iron Maiden frontman has been a captain with Astraeus, having worked for the British charter airline for nine years.

Dickinson has also competed in fencing at international level.

XL sponsored English Premier League football club West Ham's shirts and the east London side played with patches covering the firm's logo in their 3-2 defeat at West Bromwich on Saturday. -- AFP

Default Re: Iron Maiden to the rescue

Holy smoke! They should have Iron Maiden playing throughout the whole boring plane journey! Totally awesome!

For a moment i thought the thread title was suggesting Iron Maiden is now sponsor for West Ham United....i might just support it as a 2nd team if that really happened...imagine "Iron Maiden" on their jersies....
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

ha ha ha.... would you fly in the plane piloted by a rock star?

Quote Originally Posted by wee_ly View Post
    ha ha ha.... would you fly in the plane piloted by a rock star?
    Bruce Dickinson is a qualified pilot. If he is my pilot....wow! He is multi-talented guy. Rock star, part-time DJ, pilot, author and fencer.

UP THE ******* IRONS!

okay, jokes aside, he really loves to fly, has been his passion, hobby and was once his job(thank gods metal snatched him away though)

on a side note, anyone here going for the Motley concert? looking for people to do a group buy for cheaper tickets, i got 2 waiting, need 3 more, anyone?

sorry for the OT

Quote Originally Posted by mrhobbit View Post
    on a side note, anyone here going for the Motley concert? looking for people to do a group buy for cheaper tickets, i got 2 waiting, need 3 more, anyone?

sorry for the OT
    When I heard they're coming, wow it kickstart my heart but after seeing the tix price, no more dr feelgood and will have to make do with smoking in the boys room!

Bruce Dickinson also holds a degree in history & is an expert on tanks & war histiry.

If I'm not wrong, he even owns a few WW2 tanks, among which one of them is a T-34.
    hasta la justicia siempre

Run to the hills run for your lives~!@~!@!@
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by koolz View Post
    Holy smoke! They should have Iron Maiden playing throughout the whole boring plane journey! Totally awesome!
    Number of The Beast played on an airplane? Erm, not sure even if Maiden fans would like to hear it in midflight

hallowed be thy name!
    chezburgr i can haz?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Number of The Beast played on an airplane? Erm, not sure even if Maiden fans would like to hear it in midflight
    I like to hear Bruse Dickinson sing Aces High when he is piloting the plane.

this is OTing into something totally different already

got my Motley Crue tickets, now....MAIDEN!! where are you?!?!!? COME TO SG PLEASE!!

*although deeps inside he knows chances are remote.

hmmm whats the best PnS there is now? i needa sneak one into the motley concert