Thread: help needed... LCD TV Repairman

Default help needed... LCD TV Repairman

Hi,

anyone knows of any repairman that can repair LCD TV? my tv can't seems to be able to sense my remote control, suspect the receiver end of the tv is giving me the problem.

hope i did not violate anything here...
    Imagination is more powerful than words.

Default Re: help needed... LCD TV Repairman

Hmm ... have yu tried changing the batteries in yr remote?

better off sending the unit to the manufacturer instead. Nowadays these kinda repairs is not feasible for repairman to do already as they will need to source for the IR unit and cost will be high, not to mention he have to know every brands and models.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Batteries changed, even bought a universal remote to verify that if its the remote control defective or the tv. somehow, the symptoms is intermittent. sometimes can sometimes can't.

pertaining to sending it to the manufacturer. somehow, i m not willing to pay the extra bit that the manufacturer is charging... haiz... that's y trying my luck...

unless the repairman says beyond him, den somehow, it satisfy myself that i need to send to manufacturer for repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    Batteries changed, even bought a universal remote to verify that if its the remote control defective or the tv. somehow, the symptoms is intermittent. sometimes can sometimes can't.

pertaining to sending it to the manufacturer. somehow, i m not willing to pay the extra bit that the manufacturer is charging... haiz... that's y trying my luck...

unless the repairman says beyond him, den somehow, it satisfy myself that i need to send to manufacturer for repair.
    well, the repairman will still charge u a assessment fee right?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well, the repairman will still charge u a assessment fee right?
    agree but its definately cheaper than manufacturer.

i know, i may be paying more if it ended up with manufacturer. its a gamble. just share an example. i bought a spare keys for my car from the agent. was quoted $25 just to cut the keys. outside, i did it @ $3. if somehow, the keys doesn't fit, i can still afford to purchase another uncut key @ $12 + another trial (for $3) and i can still save $10. however, it minus my time taken to buy another keys and try another mister mint to cut the key.

in this case, the manufacturer already quoted me $150 for home visit exclude parts. ended up, i may as well purchase another new tv or just treat the tv does not have remote control.