Thread: Can we buy a camera without ..... ?

Default Can we buy a camera without ..... ?

Hi All,

I just want to know that can we buy a camera without freebies (e.g. memory card, card reader, cleaning kits, tirpod etc etc)
    Usually shopkeepers attracts people with different promotions and stuff but the price of those freebies is also included in the camera price
    Suppose if the camera price is like S$500 and with freebies the price is like S$599 or S$699 but the actual price of camera only in S$500.
    Can someone recommend me a shop where i can buy only camera without freebies on some cheap price? Thanks

Default Re: Can we buy a camera without ..... ?

Just go to the shop and tell them firmly that you don't what any useless crap and just want to purchase the camera body (or camera +kit)?

Some of the freebies are not offered by the shop, but are actually from the equipment suppliers themselves. For instance, the Canon 450D's kit comes with a 4GB card and the EF lens book at a street price of $1180. You can't take it out of the bundle because it comes with it and taking it out will not lower the cost of the product.

However, in the case of COMEX, they are throwing in a lot more freebies, and selling the whole package for $1299. Sure, it's below recommended retail price, but still more expensive than the actual street price. In this case, you are paying for the extra freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    However, in the case of COMEX, they are throwing in a lot more freebies, and selling the whole package for $1299. Sure, it's below recommended retail price, but still more expensive than the actual street price. In this case, you are paying for the extra freebies.
    Which is why some people, don't go for these fairs You kinda get useless stuff throw into the package.

Adding to what Calebk mentioned, please check that the set you buy has everything that supposed to be in it inside. Some shops may con you and dishonestly remove essential items (e.g- screen protecters/cables) that are supposed to be included in the kit/camera

Quote Originally Posted by nrclhr View Post
    Hi All,

I just want to know that can we buy a camera without freebies (e.g. memory card, card reader, cleaning kits, tirpod etc etc)
    Usually shopkeepers attracts people with different promotions and stuff but the price of those freebies is also included in the camera price
    Suppose if the camera price is like S$500 and with freebies the price is like S$599 or S$699 but the actual price of camera only in S$500.
    Can someone recommend me a shop where i can buy only camera without freebies on some cheap price? Thanks
    I'll probably go for body only. All these 'freebies' looks good but they're not really free all the time .

Thanks a lot for your quick reply

Quote Originally Posted by nrclhr View Post
    Thanks a lot for your quick reply
    no prob

Maybe you want to consider a 2nd hand set (with warranty). The price will definitely be better. Otherwise just sell the freebies, there might be people out there looking for them.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony