Thread: Kampong Life... (Need Pointers)

Default Kampong Life... (Need Pointers)

Hi,
    just went on an expedition to a remote kampong to do some community work... my first time taking pictures for the group... please give me comments on the photos as i only started this year and need some serious pointers... thanks...

Please be merciless... : )

here is the link...

http://www.pbase.com/mithrandir_z/galleries

Hi Jeffrey,

here are my 2 cents, no offense please.

I assume you are using B&W film (probably non-true B&W film like Kodak T400CN)..

Presentation
    1) Do make the orientation right first after you scan, its difficult to view your images. Are you expecting your viewer to download the image and rotate it themselve?

Image Correction
    1) The tone is rather flat for a B&W image. If s/w like PS is available, consider adjust the level.
    2) Consider remove the dust and scatches.
    3) If the image is tilted slightly, correct it.

Technique
    1) Think of the composition before raising your camera to eye level. "Make picture, don't just take picture". If your title "How Many Kids Do i Have?" is decided before taking the shot. You have a from me.

2) Try to observe and avoid unwanted subjects in your pictures before pressing the shutter. There are 2 'chopped' human in your
    "Who Is More Curious?". Alternatively, do cropping during post-processing.

So much of negative critics.. I like your "Journey" very much , but fix the tilting please.

Cheers!
    Last edited by deslim27; 1st August 2003 at 11:07 AM.

i like your composition in the "Journey" pix but it is slightly tilted. you can easily correct it in PS.
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

allo...

the photos were shot with ilford delta 100... and i guess i forgot to rotate the pictures to its upright position... so sorry... haha...

the pictures were scanned by the lab so i cannot do anything to the quality lei... hai...

and yeah... i think the picture of the kids are being chopped up... i will take note of that...

and the tilt... haha... i think i was a little off balance... haha...

thanks for the reply deslim... its worth more then 2 cents...

and abigil as well... thanks lots...
    will try to improve...

pawzii
    Guests

hey buddy... take more and you'll surely improve and feel the pinch too... kekeke
    Keep it up!!!

haha... i know... i am trying... anyway i am shooting for my schools paper now... hopefully i will learn more from there as well... haha...

well not bad for a person just into it!not every photo you take you will like them but to improve from one in a roll you like to at least 60% of a roll that will be very good!even pro take lot of rolls just to choose one or two photo!so the more you take the better you are!

Yeah yeah...
    but i think that i have to put in more thought in my shots... shooting more is always .. but its gonna cost lots too as what pawaii said... thanks for the comments... ...
    Anyway, what u think of the shots?? comments...