Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A watch for my 17th birthday.

Default Re: A watch for my 17th birthday.

http://www.tagheuer.com/the-collecti...CAC111D.BA0850

Within your budget.
    Still got change some more.
    Last edited by Lubber Duckie; 17th September 2008 at 10:02 PM.
    a700 + F56AM + 50mm/f1.7 + 17-50mm/f2.8 + 90mm/f2.8 + 75-300mm
    flickr!

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    if u didn't mentioned D50 then D80, ppl will be more open-minded. In clubsnap, where Camera is most sought-after item, u are more susceptible to being bashed when u bring them up/out. Nevertheless, u r a very cool guy.

BTW, can you compile a list of those watches u have got so far? share with us pls?

Do look at Oris, they are good watches that is undervalued
    Quote Originally Posted by lightbrush View Post
    TS,

You are 17 (or so you said). You have 2.5k that you want to buy a watch with. So you come to this forum to ask for recommendations. But instead of recommendations, you get more than your fair share of brickbats, bitchings and moral putdowns. Tough. But you have conducted yourself well . You did not get down into gutter fights with those who wanted to pull you down or put you down. Bravo....you deserve the watch, every second of it .

My point? Stick to the point. TS ask for your opinion/recommendation for a watch as he has $2.5k to spend. Don't offer your moral take on his age, money, lifestyle etc. If you have no recommendation, don't make any and leave. It's his life and we are not his father/mother. We know nada about him. Stick to the point. Can?
    haha, thanks for the compliments.
    I sincerely appreciate them.
    trust me, i was tempted, very tempted. >.< a mere mortal aren't i?

(:hmm, bout the other few posts, i dont really get the car <-> watch thing.

oh and the Sinn U1 seems cool. was bout to google it until i saw the pix on pg 5. Thanks!
    would look more into it.

once again, thanks all!
    and more recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by ringoping View Post
    orders can be taken, provided u have the patience to wait for a few months.
    Or if you know the right people at Hour Glass, then don't have to wait at all.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

if you want something a bit rarer... take a look at
    www.stowa.de

they have a very nice pilots watch.. stowa was one of the 5 original watchmakers contracted by the luftwaffe to make the b-urh watches for the german bomber navigators. IWC and lange were two others.. but the IWC pilot is very ex.
    they are hand finished by jorge schaeur. although the ebauches are 3rd party, they are finished to a very high standard.
    there is also a waiting time due to limited production for some models. to order, send email to them and you will be put on a waitlist. when the watch is ready send the money and the watch is shipped to u.

Quote Originally Posted by GmbH. View Post
    those JDM Seikos not readily available in SG rite?

the new Seiko Velantura Kenetic SRH-005 with Direct Drive looks good.
    currently only a few ways i know to get it..

1) Big Time (brick and mortar shop @ Siglap/Taka)
    2) Seiya
    3) Higuchi

If you know the exact model of the watch, you can request Big Time to get it in for you if they don't carry it. Prices may be slightly more expensive as compared to Seiya or Higuchi but if there is suay suay another wrong with the watch you can always bring it back to Big Time.

Sorry OT liao hahahaa

I recommend a breitling?

I have one SuperOcean... I never use the functions (don't even know if its for diving or nt haha). I bought it out of personal liking for chunky and the ATAS brand.

Prices aint that ridiculouss

Put it this way, wearing a breitling versus wearing a Tag.... see which one you prefer loh....

a breitling cld cost lesser than a Tag but could look much better? haha

Personally, I go for my liking rather than lifestyle or how I can use it la.

Quote Originally Posted by armchairsurf View Post
    I recommend a breitling?

I have one SuperOcean... I never use the functions (don't even know if its for diving or nt haha). I bought it out of personal liking for chunky and the ATAS brand.

Prices aint that ridiculouss

Put it this way, wearing a breitling versus wearing a Tag.... see which one you prefer loh....

a breitling cld cost lesser than a Tag but could look much better? haha

Personally, I go for my liking rather than lifestyle or how I can use it la.
    Well said.

I had the intention to buy a Tag. But when I went to the store and saw the Breitling side by side with the Tag, it wasn't even a contest man.

Ended up paying more for the Breitling, but it's well worth the extra money.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Like cameras, no one can recommend you. So, go to the shop and take a look. Maybe Hour Glass? IMO, the GJ watch is really nice, shows how simple a watch can be..

i remember got a brand of watches made with special forces in mind, really tough watches, but i forget the brand. mostly costs about $300-$600.

unique features include Tritium dials. that grow for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i remember got a brand of watches made with special forces in mind, really tough watches, but i forget the brand. mostly costs about $300-$600.

unique features include Tritium dials. that grow for ages.
    Traser ...
    Luminox ...

ahh,
    the IWC
    what's the price range? the one i saw someone wearing some time back was about 4k+

oh yeah, emporia armarni- forgot bout this one ^^

What are the watches you own currently? Perhaps when we have more knowledge of your tastes, we're able to help better?

i currently own a CK one which i wear everyday.
    Can't seem to find the picture of the net, but it's a plain face with metal straps.

I do, however, have access to a bvlgalri and piaget (haha which i dare not wear =.=)

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    Can't seem to find the picture of the net, but it's a plain face with metal straps.

I do, however, have access to a bvlgalri and piaget (haha which i dare not wear =.=)
    Bvlgari.

wait no more, put them on.

fren, u hv a d50 n d80? why nt snap some photo n post it up? don't forget to put on those designer watches too.

one picture with all watches on your wrist... also can

Ultra random, but TS is actually 16 years old since his 17th birthday is coming up

ahh,
    the IWC
    what's the price range? the one i saw someone wearing some time back was about 4k+

oh yeah, emporia armarni- forgot bout this one ^^
    4k+ would probably get you a used basic IWC pilot. That one shown is way above $10k new.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast